5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2024 Production

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Wow that's fast! 5 days to get VIN after order confirmation??
That's actually normal, after they are in production. You and I both ordered before production started, so when they started assigning VINs, there was a backlog. He got the luck of the draw of getting built fast. They get built in random order, not by when they were ordered.

dannydyn

Reaction score
That's actually normal, after they are in production. You and I both ordered before production started, so when they started assigning VINs, there was a backlog. He got the luck of the draw of getting built fast. They get built in random order, not by when they were ordered.

My bad luck never fails... :D

6of36

Reaction score
My bad luck never fails... :D
As long as it's not as bad as 23s. Due to the whole pandemic debacle, they didn't start 23 production until after Thanksgiving. I saw one person who ordered in September, who didn't get his truck until May. Of course with the strike, we could be there.

dannydyn

Reaction score
As long as it's not as bad as 23s. Due to the whole pandemic debacle, they didn't start 23 production until after Thanksgiving. I saw one person who ordered in September, who didn't get his truck until May. Of course with the strike, we could be there.
I'd shoot myself.

Asphalt_slayer

Reaction score
Two days ago I was notified by my dealer that I was in D1 status......y'all think my build will make it before the strike happens?

Ready Go

Reaction score
Hopefully soon, I'll have some current timeline info for everyone.
My Ordered/VON/C-status date was 7/28/23.
My Scheduled/VIN/D1-status date was 08/18/23.
My dealer tells me that my truck will be Shipped by 09/17/23. Not sure how he knows that, but says he does.
My 2023 Laramie G/T ordered in May took 7 days from In Production to Built and 2 days from Built to Shipped, so if that timeline were the same, my Built would be ~9/15/23 and my In Production would be ~9/08/23.
When I pointed out that the 9/14/23 strike date could jam up my truck, he pointed out that it would off the line and out to Tier 1 for bedliner, floorboards, G/T decals...and they aren't UAW workers.
Cutting it too close for my comfort!!
He did also point out that these strikes usually aren't "dead stop" strikes for the line because all parties know that stranding the line makes life miserable for everyone when a potential strike ends.
Not sure if any of that makes me (or probably anyone else here) feel any better!
If my dealer is correct, in about one week, I may have some insight for you all as to how the schedules are currently running.🤔

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Hopefully soon, I'll have some current timeline info for everyone.
My Ordered/VON/C-status date was 7/28/23.
My Scheduled/VIN/D1-status date was 08/18/23.
My dealer tells me that my truck will be Shipped by 09/17/23. Not sure how he knows that, but says he does.
My 2023 Laramie G/T ordered in May took 7 days from In Production to Built and 2 days from Built to Shipped, so if that timeline were the same, my Built would be ~9/15/23 and my In Production would be ~9/08/23.
When I pointed out that the 9/14/23 strike date could jam up my truck, he pointed out that it would off the line and out to Tier 1 for bedliner, floorboards, G/T decals...and they aren't UAW workers.
Cutting it too close for my comfort!!
He did also point out that these strikes usually aren't "dead stop" strikes for the line because all parties know that stranding the line makes life miserable for everyone when a potential strike ends.
Not sure if any of that makes me (or probably anyone else here) feel any better!
If my dealer is correct, in about one week, I may have some insight for you all as to how the schedules are currently running.🤔
not to bust your bubble
but
I have been involved in strikes at uaw plants in the past

when the strike is called everyone stops what they are doing and clocks off and walks out the door.

Ready Go

Reaction score
not to bust your bubble
but
I have been involved in strikes at uaw plants in the past

when the strike is called everyone stops what they are doing and clocks off and walks out the door.
"Dis is a bummer, man!" 😅

dannydyn

Reaction score
Call me naive, but I think the parties will come to an agreement and the strike will be averted. Both sides will come out losers if the strike takes place.

Fe2O3-E

Reaction score
Just got my VINs assigned! Added both to the tracking sheet.

1st was ordered on 8/7/23
Scheduled on 8/30/23
*ordered from 1st dealership but will not take delivery on this one. Salesman moved to a different dealer and is a friend so I am following him to new dealer. This one will be released to dealer stock.

2nd was ordered on 8/19/23
Scheduled on 8/30/23

Specs same on both
Limited 4x4 with 5’7” bed
Delmonico Red Pearl-coat
Limited level 1
3.92 gears
33 gal gas tank
Night Edition
Off-Road Group
Sunroof
BUG
Rambox
Multi-Function Tailgate
Trailer-Tow Group

I’ll probably get delayed if the strike happens. Just hope it does not happen as my truck is going through the assembly line. :( Fingers crossed that a deal can be worked out.

Other than that, so excited! I was not expecting anything until October/November so possible delivery in September is AMAZING!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

disarm

Reaction score
Just got my VINs assigned! Added both to the tracking sheet...

Other than that, so excited! I was not expecting anything until October/November so possible delivery in September is AMAZING!
Hate to be a downer, but I wouldn't get your hopes up too much. As others have said in the past, the build order once you're 'scheduled' is very unpredictable so you could get lucky, but my Limited was ordered 7/6, scheduled 7/26 and is still waiting to go into production a month later. At this point, I'm fully expecting to be delayed by the strike if it happens. Absolutely nothing to do about it but wait though...

6of36

Reaction score
I will take bets on the strike. It may not last long, but there will be one.

6of36

Reaction score
Two days ago I was notified by my dealer that I was in D1 status......y'all think my build will make it before the strike happens?
It may, but I wouldn't hold my breath. We are down to two weeks.

dannydyn

Reaction score
yeah-baby-oh-yeah-baby.gif

Screenshot_20230831_151809.jpg

VIN added to the list :giggle:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread