5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2024 Production

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
UAW is starting with only 1 plant for each company. Other plants were told to work as normal, but be prepared. I get local Detroit news stations, who are broadcasting live.

Ramerk

Reaction score
Figured my build would not be scheduled with the looming strike. Ordered 8/29. Was relieved it wouldn’t be stuck on the line halfway through. Now that the first wave is Jeep factory, wonder what the window is to keep producing Rams and when Fain May shut us down. Hoping to thread the needle here on my build and that the workers aren’t rushing and sloppy.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Figured my build would not be scheduled with the looming strike. Ordered 8/29. Was relieved it wouldn’t be stuck on the line halfway through. Now that the first wave is Jeep factory, wonder what the window is to keep producing Rams and when Fain May shut us down. Hoping to thread the needle here on my build and that the workers aren’t rushing and sloppy.
I heard an unconfirmed rumor that the UAW was going to add SHAP to the strike list tonight.

Rookey44

Reaction score
With the strike and now being 15 days in "Production", I am feeling pretty discouraged. I am not sure that I want a vehicle stuck in the body vendor for so long, makes me wonder if there was damage. I started looking around and found a 2021 TRX, Level 2/Pano with 25K miles for the same OTD price as I will be paying for the Rebel G/T.. should I shift and go used? Thoughts??

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
With the strike and now being 15 days in "Production", I am feeling pretty discouraged. I am not sure that I want a vehicle stuck in the body vendor for so long, makes me wonder if there was damage. I started looking around and found a 2021 TRX, Level 2/Pano with 25K miles for the same OTD price as I will be paying for the Rebel G/T.. should I shift and go used? Thoughts??
TRX is always a good choice. You'll want to do a little due-diligence with the TRX before committing to it, but as long as it checks out then go with your heart.

dannydyn

Reaction score
Mine has been in "D1 - scheduled" status since 8/30th. At this point I hope it never even made it to the assembly line (trackers are running behind).

Does anyone know on long on average it takes to build a truck? from the moment panels are frame assembled until it rolls off the assembly line?

Last edited:

Ready Go

Reaction score
I was thinking about doing the exact same thing as I was waiting along with you.
Has your dealer looked into this "delay"? I still feel like your Ram has to be done and shipped or ready to ship! I know, if so, it should have a Window Sticker ready to view, but the Trackers are so messed up!! My truck was shipped yesterday, but the Trackers only show "Built". I did finally get a picture added to the Ram Tracker.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230915_120010.jpg
    Screenshot_20230915_120010.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20230914-110206_Office Mobile.jpg
    Screenshot_20230914-110206_Office Mobile.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 18

dannydyn

Reaction score
I was thinking about doing the exact same thing as I was waiting along with you.
Has your dealer looked into this "delay"? I still feel like your Ram has to be done and shipped or ready to ship! I know, if so, it should have a Window Sticker ready to view, but the Trackers are so messed up!! My truck was shipped yesterday, but the Trackers only show "Built". I did finally get a picture added to the Ram Tracker.

Those trackers, especially the RAM one are mostly useless. I have a picture of my truck, but I'm still at D1-Scheduled, let alone built or shipped....

Screenshot_20230915_133109.jpg

Cumminsfan

Reaction score
Mine was in production 8/28, built 8/30, shipped 9/6, estimated delivery 9/28. Hopefully they have a transporter that will haul it.
Mine has been in "D1 - scheduled" status since 8/30th. At this point I hope it never even made it to the assembly line (trackers are running behind).

Does anyone know on long on average it takes to build a truck? from the moment panels are frame assembled until it rolls off the assembly line?

Cumminsfan

Reaction score
Yes it is, I see on my build sheet it listed * SPECIAL SCHEDULING CONDITION VII, maybe I just got lucky once in my life.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

I got the notification build started 9/9. Sticker date is 9/11.

dannydyn

Reaction score
Speaking of the devil... Looks what just landed in my inbox.... Production as of yesterday. Please God get it off the assembly line before they hit SHAP 🙏

Interestingly the RAM and WaitingForJeep online trackers still show it in D1-Scheduled...

Screenshot_20230915_154549.jpg

Last edited:

disarm

Reaction score
Speaking of the devil... Looks what just landed in my inbox.... Production as of yesterday. Please God get it off the assembly line before they hit SHAP

Interestingly the RAM and WaitingForJeep online trackers still show it in D1-Scheduled...
It took a little under 24 hours for the trackers to update to 'In Production' after receiving my email yesterday afternoon. I have yet to receive another update, but it's been on the line single 9/13. Fingers crossed...

Rookey44

Reaction score
So, ended purchasing the TRX... now it can take as long as it wants, lol.

Attachments

• 20230915_154531.jpg
    20230915_154531.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 21

Users who are viewing this thread