5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2023 Production

RebelRam71

Reaction score
Just wanted to give out an update on this. So, the reason I asked was I changed my order. I originally put in my order the first week in March. I didn't like some things and wanted to make changes. So my sales rep asked if they could change the order Area rep said no build a new one. Then the Sales Manager calls me and says it could take 4-6 months for the build as Ram is doing them in waves by trim.

So we made a new Rebel build on the 10th, Got my new Vin on the 12th, and literally just got my email that it is scheduled for production... I didn't get any of that information on my first build. It's strange how they do it I don't understand it all.
I ordered my Rebel on 3/3, scheduled as of 3/22. No updates since. So yeah, I don't understand how they do it either.

JB16V

Reaction score
Actually, Mopar makes a bed divider for regular beds. They just won't sell it with a new vehicle.

This divider is separate from the BUG, as far as I know, the rail for this divider mounts above the rail for the BUG. So you’ll end up with two rails on the side of your bed and the divider rail can interfere with the mounts of a tonneau cover you might want to put on.

Derrick-23

Reaction score
I would go with the oem power steps I did the amp and they stopped working after a week and yes I have more less the same truck but GT and DR color
My AMP steps have been installed for 1 week now with no issues.

Last edited:

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My AMP steps have been installed for 1 week now with no issues.
I’ve had my Amp steps for 5 months now, and they work flawlessly.
I do have a question for any Mopar step owners, since it’s on my mind. The Amp steps only open on the side that the door is opened on (not both). My wife’s Lincoln Navigator deploys both steps when a single door is opened, which I find to be twice as much wear and tear as necessary.
Do the Mopar steps open independently on each side, or is it all-or-none?

mainjet

Reaction score
I’ve had my Amp steps for 5 months now, and they work flawlessly.
I do have a question for any Mopar step owners, since it’s on my mind. The Amp steps only open on the side that the door is opened on (not both). My wife’s Lincoln Navigator deploys both steps when a single door is opened, which I find to be twice as much wear and tear as necessary.
Do the Mopar steps open independently on each side, or is it all-or-none?
They are independent

Derrick-23

Reaction score
I also got the. In Jan and when I called them they said at that time the power steps were not ready for the 23s cuss the new PCM
AMP themselves did not list them as available for the 23 model. RealTruck.com did. So I ordered a set while I waited for my truck to be delivered. Love them and so far so good.

Armydad72

Reaction score
AMP themselves did not list them as available for the 23 model. RealTruck.com did. So I ordered a set while I waited for my truck to be delivered. Love them and so far so good.
I called AMP directly and they even said the unit has not Ben tested and no guarantee till so I returned them cuss they no longer worked. Plus I need the obd port open

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, daily. There have been no 5th gen member updates since March 31st. There is currently only 1 member waiting on a window sticker and 13 more waiting to be built so not much left to report on currently.
The customer tracking site has been really strange for about 2 weeks as well. My 3/31 order showed up on the tracking site the day after it was placed and still shows up even though it was cancelled 12 days ago. My existing order placed on 4/8 is still showing as no data avail even though the dealer shows it as assigned a VIN and firm schedule for production.

ExFordGuy

Reaction score
Yes, daily. There have been no 5th gen member updates since March 31st. There is currently only 1 member waiting on a window sticker and 13 more waiting to be built so not much left to report on currently.
I ordered mine on 3/18. It's still in "D" status. I check it every day, some days multiple times.

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered mine on 3/18. It's still in "D" status. I check it every day, some days multiple times.
If you are talking about the member registration sheet, I only update it twice a day so no reason to check more often than that. Stellantis only releases build sheets on weekday mornings and window stickers in the evenings 7 days a week so I update the sheet after I perform each of those scans.

Derrick-23

Reaction score
I called AMP directly and they even said the unit has not Ben tested and no guarantee till so I returned them cuss they no longer worked. Plus I need the obd port open
I know that is what they said back then, but I don’t get that is still the case now. Not sure how many units they need out there, but not really out there, for them to say they are tested. And there is the OBD port splitter cable if you still need it.

Users who are viewing this thread