5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2023 Production

mainjet

Reaction score
I know one thing, these dealerships are like everyone else nowadays, they want they survey and feedback practically before they have even finished. Everything they do they want a survey filled out and they will beg you to give them all 10’s. My salesman was calling me asking for 10’s and saying his general manager was freaking out. It’s a big deal.

Let them know how you will be responding on those surveys if they don’t get that truck to you ASAP.

LGB24

Reaction score
I know one thing, these dealerships are like everyone else nowadays, they want they survey and feedback practically before they have even finished. Everything they do they want a survey filled out and they will beg you to give them all 10’s. My salesman was calling me asking for 10’s and saying his general manager was freaking out. It’s a big deal.

Let them know how you will be responding on those surveys if they don’t get that truck to you ASAP.
The sales folks are great. Service is getting 0/0 if this isn’t figured out ASAP, but I haven’t rated anyone yet.

LGB24

Reaction score
They said they think it’s a ground issue somewhere. No ETA on when they’ll be done. What horsesh!t.

mainjet

Reaction score
They said they think it’s a ground issue somewhere. No ETA on when they’ll be done. What horsesh!t.
Doesn’t make much sense to me unless it’s at the battery. But they are the mechanics I guess. Could be a body ground but the truck quit running while driving so it seems very strange.

Make them show you where it was when they get it fixed.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Doesn’t make much sense to me unless it’s at the battery. But they are the mechanics I guess. Could be a body ground but the truck quit running while driving so it seems very strange.

Make them show you where it was when they get it fixed.
All the electronics controling the engine have body grounds.

LGB24

Reaction score
Update: The ground wire for the battery was loose. Apparently this has been a problem on other 2023s. Maybe Ram dealerships should start adding “check the battery ground wire” to their pre-delivery inspection…. Anyways, back in business! It does say something about these trucks that after waiting 7 months and after having it towed, I still love the truck.

Last edited:

mainjet

Reaction score
Update: The ground wire for the battery was loose. Apparently this has been a problem on other 2023s. Maybe Ram dealerships should start adding “check the battery ground wire” to their pre-delivery inspection…. Anyways, back in business! It does some something about these trucks that after waiting 7 months and after having it towed, I still love the truck.
Glad it’s fixed. I figured it was an easy fix.

I would not be surprised if they unhook the battery when they are sitting otherwise these trucks would all have dead batteries pretty quick from all the engine off electronics. They would be jumping trucks all the time.

Glad you got her back

cliffsta

Reaction score
Goodness j guess I need to check mine. Haven’t done anything offroad of consequence yet and last thing I want is to be up to no good offroad and kill the truck in a bad spot.

Ulster

Reaction score
Update: The ground wire for the battery was loose. Apparently this has been a problem on other 2023s. Maybe Ram dealerships should start adding “check the battery ground wire” to their pre-delivery inspection…. Anyways, back in business! It does some something about these trucks that after waiting 7 months and after having it towed, I still love the truck.
Congrats again. Don’t you just love that absolutely perfect G/T exhaust note? I have been driving for three days now and it still gets me going.

JB16V

Reaction score
My dealer called this afternoon. I get to go pick this one up on Monday. YAHOO!
View attachment 154857
Very nice! But I’m biased… Mine will be the same, but minus the sunroof and plus a couple inches of bed length. That is, if I get out of D1 status. Keep seeing trucks after me on the list being built.

It looks like you have tires with white lettering. Looks like Bridgestone tires instead of the Nexen I see on others. I wonder if that is due to supply shortage.

First_RAM

Reaction score
Very nice! But I’m biased… Mine will be the same, but minus the sunroof and plus a couple inches of bed length. That is, if I get out of D1 status. Keep seeing trucks after me on the list being built.

It looks like you have tires with white lettering. Looks like Bridgestone tires instead of the Nexen I see on others. I wonder if that is due to supply shortage.
Good taste sir! 😁
OWL tires was an option I selected.

Users who are viewing this thread