5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2023 Production

Derrick-23

Reaction score
And to chime in on color options. Yes, when clean Black is the best, hands down. After 5 minutes, not so much. I love the Hydro Blue, but love the red/black interior more and did not want to have the Superman color scheme. Nor did I want the Flame Red to take away from the red interior. Delmonico would be good as well, but rejected for the same reason as Flame Red. I am not into silver or white cars, since they are everywhere. So Granite it was.

Helpfuldad

Reaction score
@LGB24 - I can understand the desire to move on to a 2nd order b/c of the bad taste with the 1st and remember that's our situation too. Additionally, our 1st order was at MSRP but our 2nd was for a more expensive version at a lower cost because we learned about the FFP pricing from this forum so that was another reason for a 2nd order. We're expecting our truck to arrive at dealer this week and if so that will be approx 8 weeks from order to delivery. Maybe that info helps you feel more comfortable placing a 2nd order.

As for the color - I love black but it does show dirt. I love the granite too - its tough. The red really pops when u see it in person. But we went with ivory because we liked the combo of that color with the Longhorn saddle interior - at least that's what I tell myself. The truth is we chose Ivory because that's the color my wife wanted - haha!.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
@LGB24 - I can understand the desire to move on to a 2nd order b/c of the bad taste with the 1st and remember that's our situation too. Additionally, our 1st order was at MSRP but our 2nd was for a more expensive version at a lower cost because we learned about the FFP pricing from this forum so that was another reason for a 2nd order. We're expecting our truck to arrive at dealer this week and if so that will be approx 8 weeks from order to delivery. Maybe that info helps you feel more comfortable placing a 2nd order.

As for the color - I love black but it does show dirt. I love the granite too - its tough. The red really pops when u see it in person. But we went with ivory because we liked the combo of that color with the Longhorn saddle interior - at least that's what I tell myself. The truth is we chose Ivory because that's the color my wife wanted - haha!.
My 20 was Granite. Liked it at first, but all the sudden 3 out of 4 near me are Granite. I wish Maximum steel was still available. My new order will be Patriot, because it's not that common near me.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
the predrilled holes suck. there is a guy on one of the forums here that sells color matching plugs for those holes for like $30. i ordered mine a couple days a ago but haven’t got them yet so can’t vouch for it but others seem happy with them.

Thank you so much for the information!! Went to Amazon found a set of 4 to fit Ram for 7 bucks free shipping to include tax as a Prime member. Never knew any one had these on Mkt. for sale ready to go.

cliffsta

Reaction score
I would’ve done flame red but my Silverado was “Red Hot” and I didn’t want the same color vehicle. So I went bright blue.

LGB24

Reaction score

You have to keep the wife happy!

bronco44

Reaction score
You guys won't believe what just showed up at the dealer...
I am intrigued as to how it got there so quickly when your last status update from the dealer around 3/9 was that it hadn't shipped yet. If it got the same train as mine on 3/11, wonder if I'll get the call tomorrow that my truck is also there 🤔

LGB24

Reaction score
I am intrigued as to how it got there so quickly when your last status update from the dealer around 3/9 was that it hadn't shipped yet. If it got the same train as mine on 3/11, wonder if I'll get the call tomorrow that my truck is also there 🤔
My shipped date is TBD, the ETA is TBD, and the dealer’s system showed it as in Ohio. Yet, here it is!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/