5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2023 Production

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m so frustrated with the shipping process. Truck shipped from the factory on February 19th. My dealership told me on February 24th the truck arrived in Selkirk, NY (80 miles away) and was waiting on a transport truck to the dealership and had a delivery range of 3/1-3/7. After they missed the delivery date, it was pushed out to 3/8-3/15 delivery.

I reached out to the dealership yesterday to check on the delivery status. Was told everything was on track for delivery this week. Then I heard back from the manager and he’s now telling me the truck only arrived in Selkirk, NY on 3/9 which is much different than what I was told by the same dealership on February 24th that the truck was in Selkirk, NY. Just received notification the delivery date has now been pushed back to 3/23.

I asked for the Dealer Connect report several times and they are not sharing it with me. I have been very happy with the build process so far, only to be completely disappointed with the shipping process. So frustrating, especially knowing the truck is only a little over a hour away from the dealership.
Agreed - mine shipped 2 weeks ago and still not at the dealer...but they have no problem listing it for sale on their website. I bugged them yesterday and will be bugging again today. They act like they have no visibility to the truck once it leaves/ships.

LGB24

Reaction score
I’m so frustrated with the shipping process. Truck shipped from the factory on February 19th. My dealership told me on February 24th the truck arrived in Selkirk, NY (80 miles away) and was waiting on a transport truck to the dealership and had a delivery range of 3/1-3/7. After they missed the delivery date, it was pushed out to 3/8-3/15 delivery.

I reached out to the dealership yesterday to check on the delivery status. Was told everything was on track for delivery this week. Then I heard back from the manager and he’s now telling me the truck only arrived in Selkirk, NY on 3/9 which is much different than what I was told by the same dealership on February 24th that the truck was in Selkirk, NY. Just received notification the delivery date has now been pushed back to 3/23.

I asked for the Dealer Connect report several times and they are not sharing it with me. I have been very happy with the build process so far, only to be completely disappointed with the shipping process. So frustrating, especially knowing the truck is only a little over a hour away from the dealership.
They're all full of sh*t. My truck was built on 2/10. They missed the initial ETA of 2/26. The dealer then told me it would be early March. And Ram HQ told the dealer it would be here last week. My new ETA as of Sunday is March 27. The truck still hasn't shipped according to the tracker. They're all BSers.

That's probably why the Chinese had a spy balloon over the US. Xi Jinping ordered a Ram and wants to know where the f*** it is.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
what kind of sorcery is this?? Been checking all day and now I have a new SHIPPED DATE...where previously it said SHIPPED 2/28/23 with Delivery ETA it now says it shipped on Sunday 03/12/23

truckshipped2.JPG

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
WOW!
last year there were over 3500 members waiting on trucks

members tell your friends about this forum!
order a ram 1500!!!:):):)
To be fair, the 3500 was primarly RAMTRX members and not 5THGEN members specifically. There are still a couple hundred RAMTRX members waiting as of today, just not many 5THGEN left. The lower count also is likely due to them closing the TRX order books months early so there are less than half the number of TRX orders for 23 as there was for 22.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
To be fair, the 3500 was primarly RAMTRX members and not 5THGEN members specifically. There are still a couple hundred RAMTRX members waiting as of today, just not many 5THGEN left. The lower count also is likely due to them closing the TRX order books months early so there are less than half the number of TRX orders for 23 as there was for 22.
trying to drum up business :)

motstock

Reaction score
My new 23 Laramie Sport came in on 2/28/23 the Dealer tried to slick me out the new tailgate that I had ordered by saying it was not on order when it came down to last minute ,but never said a word about it not on the truck entire time before we got down to final moment where they thought I never caught it!. I showed them it was paid for and on my build sheet and figured in my price and deal we just made. They took 1200. off the final price of my truck after getting pissed off and wanting argue with me I never ordered it. LOL.. I had never mentioned wrong tail gate or how much I was putting down until we was down to them doing the financing and sealing the deal. Then I told them I was writing a check for down payment and sending balance to my credit union. MOPAR forgot to put the New tail gate I ordered on it at the factory so after they finished arguing and decided I did in fact order and pay for the optional tailgate, they left me with two options. 1. Ordering another truck. 2. 1200 off. I took the 1200. off they redone all their paper work!!

This 2023 I have put 1200 miles on it and other than the optional tailgate not being on from the factory every thing on it works perfectly! Not one single flaw!! My 2019 when I got it had all kinds of little flaws that drove me nuts!! I had a 2014 Laramie before the 2019 and it was Perfect just like this one!! Glad to have got rid of the 2019! Really like this 2023 except for where FCA raised hell out of price over 2019 for the 2023! I ordered nearly the exact same Laramie as I had in 2019. I wanted a new 5.7 2023 because rumor has it they will phase out the 5.7 this year and replace with a 6 banger.

******* The only gripe I have is the 4 HUGE HOLES THEY DRILLED in my white front Bumper at the factory for a tag Bracket I do not use in this state!**********
the predrilled holes suck. there is a guy on one of the forums here that sells color matching plugs for those holes for like $30. i ordered mine a couple days a ago but haven’t got them yet so can’t vouch for it but others seem happy with them.

Loves2Run

Reaction score
Question on final negotiations - we're expecting our truck to arrive at dealer any day now. Because of this forum we knew to ask for the FFP pricing and we have that secured, but I'd like to know if we can also take advantage of other discounts - for example we plan to ask for the Ram Cash $1k incentive from the email signup list u get from the pizza tracker popup. Additionally there is also a Ram Bonus Cash of $750 available this month for our vehicle. So my question is - does anyone know if there is any reason why we can't get all those incentives (for example FFP pricing precludes the bonus cash)? Additionally, does our use of the Ram Cash or the Bonus Cash reduce the dealer profits? (My assumption is that the Ram Cash and Bonus Cash does NOT reduce dealer profits so it shouldn't matter to them if we use those incentives because they'll still get that money (it will just come from Ram not me).

Thoughts?
Where are you getting the $750 bonus cash?

Users who are viewing this thread