5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2023 Production

Moonlightboater

Reaction score
That might actually convince me to stay the course and order a new one. My truck's so bada$$ that someone's willing to go to jail for it.
I did just that, ordered a Laramie in September. Then found out they quit putting fender flares on the Laramie. Went into dealership on December 19th and new Sales Manager said I could order a Limited for a little more as I had so many options on the Laramie. Well the Limited came in just a few days over 3 months. i just received an email rhe Laramie was finally built.

spithead051

Reaction score
I was honestly thinking about picking up something off a lot somewhere else I was so upset things were taking so long with no real answer as to why.

I'm in a different boat though. My truck should be here within the next two weeks or so. It was on a train on the 23rs heading to mass. I have light at the end of the tunnel, I'm not sure how you are even still sane.

My truck "should" have been here any day in the last two weeks and yet here I sit. No truck in my driveway, just sitting at a lot 45 minutes away because RAM can't figure out the concept of FIFO (first in first out)

LGB24

Reaction score
My truck "should" have been here any day in the last two weeks and yet here I sit. No truck in my driveway, just sitting at a lot 45 minutes away because RAM can't figure out the concept of FIFO (first in first out)
I was looking at other trucks yesterday. The Ram really does have everything I want, and no other truck does. But my patience has limits. I won't be sitting around until April or May with no truck because Ram can't get its sh!t together. And if there is anything wrong with the truck if it ever gets delivered before I say F it (damage, something doesn't work, whatever), I'm done with Ram.

spithead051

Reaction score
I was looking at other trucks yesterday. The Ram really does have everything I want, and no other truck does. But my patience has limits. I won't be sitting around until April or May with no truck because Ram can't get its sh!t together. And if there is anything wrong with the truck if it ever gets delivered before I say F it (damage, something doesn't work, whatever), I'm done with Ram.

I may go look at an F-150 Tremor next weekend, the two things I don't like are the interior feels a little less premium for being the same price as the Rebel and the leaf spring rear as opposed to the coil springs on the RAM.

LGB24

Reaction score
I may go look at an F-150 Tremor next weekend, the two things I don't like are the interior feels a little less premium for being the same price as the Rebel and the leaf spring rear as opposed to the coil springs on the RAM.
I agree. I test drove an F-150 before ordering the Ram (I don't remember the trim, but it was not a Tremor or Raptor), and the price point was similar to the Rebel but felt super cheap inside. Everything felt like flimsy plastic. I also felt every single bump in the road, and the acceleration was very weak and clunky compared to the Rebel. Hopefully yours comes in this week. Unbelievable that mine still hasn't shipped. Mine was built only two days after yours and two days before yours shipped. Maybe they just couldn't fit mine on the train too, and so I'm stuck waiting around for a month before they get another train going to Jessup, MD.

Moonlightboater

Reaction score
What I did not like on the 2023 Fords, none had the heated steering wheel. They gave you a small credit.

StickVA

Reaction score
I agree. I test drove an F-150 before ordering the Ram (I don't remember the trim, but it was not a Tremor or Raptor), and the price point was similar to the Rebel but felt super cheap inside. Everything felt like flimsy plastic. I also felt every single bump in the road, and the acceleration was very weak and clunky compared to the Rebel. Hopefully yours comes in this week. Unbelievable that mine still hasn't shipped. Mine was built only two days after yours and two days before yours shipped. Maybe they just couldn't fit mine on the train too, and so I'm stuck waiting around for a month before they get another train going to Jessup, MD.
Yeah...same thing happened to me. I saw a train leave SHAP on 1/16. Mine was built on 1/18. It finally shipped on 2/15, almost a month later. Now @spithead051 and my trucks are sitting 45 min away waiting for a truck. Its been sitting there for a week now with no estimated delivery date on the dealer connect report.

SteelHorse

Reaction score
I'm sitting here waiting for mine too and my dealer called me on January 24th to tell me it was on a train between Michigan and Iowa 😂 When it gets to Iowa, it's around 1 state away so you wouldn't think it would take too long, but it's been over a month with around another 3 weeks as an estimated delivery date 😂😂😂

spithead051

Reaction score
Yeah...same thing happened to me. I saw a train leave SHAP on 1/16. Mine was built on 1/18. It finally shipped on 2/15, almost a month later. Now @spithead051 and my trucks are sitting 45 min away waiting for a truck. Its been sitting there for a week now with no estimated delivery date on the dealer connect report.

Last Dealer Connect report showed "2/17-3/5/23" aka "we have no ****ing idea" I wonder how many trucks have been dropped off at Jessup and were put on a truck to the dealer the next day? Bet they were all February orders

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No, but maybe he wants a truck. I don't think it's rediculous to think 5+ months it to long for your order to be delivered. All that said, his truck has been built and it's just not moving with no explanation. I would feel the same way. Raptor, tundra, anything that got me back on the road to resume my life.
Understood, but also saying he is willing to take a stock truck...not one ordered to his specs. Unless of course you can order and receive a Raptor quicker. There are many loaded Rebels out there built and on the lot. If I was done waiting on my order I wouldn't skip those for a Raptor unless I was giving Ram the middle finger and moving on altogether. But I am sure it will arrive soon, it's built.
how do you know where the truck actually is? Mine says built but estimated delivery is March 21st...which I am fine with...but wondering how you are able to keep track of location once built.

spithead051

Reaction score
Understood, but also saying he is willing to take a stock truck...not one ordered to his specs. Unless of course you can order and receive a Raptor quicker. There are many loaded Rebels out there built and on the lot. If I was done waiting on my order I wouldn't skip those for a Raptor unless I was giving Ram the middle finger and moving on altogether. But I am sure it will arrive soon, it's built.

how do you know where the truck actually is? Mine says built but estimated delivery is March 21st...which I am fine with...but wondering how you are able to keep track of location once built.

Reach out to your dealer and they can send you a copy of what they see in Dealer Connect, here is mine for example:

1677515960288.png

StickVA

Reaction score

@Trippi ask your dealer for the Dealer Connect data. Looks like the attached. Shows all the shipping info.

Attachments

• Legs (1).PNG
    Legs (1).PNG
    164 KB · Views: 17

StickVA

Reaction score
I'm committed to Ram at this point as I already ordered and received some after market products with the assumption that I would have my truck by now. Probably not the smartest move. Also, I loved my 2 previous Rams enough that I'll be a sucker and wait (after switching from Ford).

Pclantz

Reaction score
My truck just shipped. Excited is an understatement. I have followed this group religiously and I realize things happen like the above posts, but what realistic timeline am I looking at coming from Michigan to Massachusetts? To the actual dealer.....

Last edited:

LGB24

Reaction score
I just don't buy that there's only one train going from SHAP to Jessup, MD every 30 days. There are too many Ram dealerships in the DC area.

StickVA

Reaction score
I just don't buy that there's only one train going from SHAP to Jessup, MD every 30 days. There are too many Ram dealerships in the DC area.
Me either which, again, makes it even more infuriating. Same with trucks from Jessup to VA. Gotta be at least 1 a day but probably more.

Ulster

Reaction score
Me either which, again, makes it even more infuriating. Same with trucks from Jessup to VA. Gotta be at least 1 a day but probably more.
Who owns the railyard --> dealership shipment via truck? I have always assumed that the dealership owns that leg, but just an assumption.

StickVA

Reaction score
Who owns the railyard --> dealership shipment via truck? I have always assumed that the dealership owns that leg, but just an assumption.
Not sure. I'm "told" all the shipping from the plant to the dealer is handled by Ram.

Atvdinner

Reaction score
Same, until the dealer takes "delivery" from RAM, it is not in the dealer's control.
How does that effect an invoice though? I figuered once invoiced and that invoice was approved, the ownership would change. I could be wrong but that's how I thought of the process.

Users who are viewing this thread