5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2023 Production

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
B

I have been KZM since 18 January. I got an new update from my dealer that it shipped on 2/16/23 and is now showing on the Pizza tracker that it will arrive 3/9/23.

Do units sit in rail sidings or in marshalling yards for dealers to get full loads to pick up?

Seems odd.
Have your salesman check on dealer connect. it shows where it is and when it moves in each leg of transport. It is more current than pizza tracker, due to the fact it's tracking thousands of vehicles. This was mine a couple weeks ago. I had salesman check and send me screenshot.

Attachments

• 2228294536801239659.jpg
    2228294536801239659.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 23

firechef996

Reaction score
how soon after placing ones order with the dealer do we get our information to track?

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't really expect you to know. Where does the truck sit during this process? It's been over a week. I figuered it would be released for shipping and then shipped off to a lot waiting for transportation.
There are many places, depending on what it is waiting on and how long they expect the wait to be. When there are a large number of trucks waiting, like early in the model year, for somethign like a software update they will even ship them to other Stellantis plants like the Toledo Ohio plant, Nitro yard, etc. they will get the update performed there and then be shipped from there to the dealer.

So, without knowing why it was sent to storage there is no good way to know where. Your dealer would be the best chance of getting additional information.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have your salesman check on dealer connect. it shows where it is and when it moves in each leg of transport. It is more current than pizza tracker, due to the fact it's tracking thousands of vehicles. This was mine a couple weeks ago. I had salesman check and send me screenshot.
so did you finally pick up your truck :)

Atvdinner

Reaction score
There are many places, depending on what it is waiting on and how long they expect the wait to be. When there are a large number of trucks waiting, like early in the model year, for somethign like a software update they will even ship them to other Stellantis plants like the Toledo Ohio plant, Nitro yard, etc. they will get the update performed there and then be shipped from there to the dealer.

So, without knowing why it was sent to storage there is no good way to know where. Your dealer would be the best chance of getting additional information.
So it's possible it's not completely built yet and it could be waiting on a part or anything else?

Also, I asked the dealer for information. He sent me an updated poc and a screen capture of his dealer connect web page. I don't see any other information on that. Just that it's "shippable" and hasn't be loaded on a truck or anything. Ill post it with this comment if it helps.

I know you're a busy man, I appreciated your time and what you do for this community.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230216_110849.png
    Screenshot_20230216_110849.png
    130.7 KB · Views: 21

Ulster

Reaction score
A picture of my future Rebel suddenly appeared on the Ram’s Vehicle Order Tracking website, 6 days after it was “scheduled.". Is that significant?

Unfortunately all it means is that you now have a rendering to drool over as you refresh often.

StickVA

Reaction score
So it's possible it's not completely built yet and it could be waiting on a part or anything else?

Also, I asked the dealer for information. He sent me an updated poc and a screen capture of his dealer connect web page. I don't see any other information on that. Just that it's "shippable" and hasn't be loaded on a truck or anything. Ill post it with this comment if it helps.

I know you're a busy man, I appreciated your time and what you do for this community.
Looks like to me its sitting in a SHAP lot waiting for a truck to take it to the railyard lot where it will get on a train. Unfortunately I think it will be a while yet before it gets to your garage.

CBH

Reaction score
Unfortunately all it means is that you now have a rendering to drool over as you refresh often.
That’s what I thought. :mad: I am encouraged that the photo at least looks like the truck I ordered; two-toned Rebel, ram boxes, G/T, etc. I have not asked my dealer for any update....17 days after the order was accepted....and I will try to leave them alone as long as I can stand it.

Ulster

Reaction score
That’s what I thought. :mad: I am encouraged that the photo at least looks like the truck I ordered; two-toned Rebel, ram boxes, G/T, etc. I have not asked my dealer for any update....17 days after the order was accepted....and I will try to leave them alone as long as I can stand it.
I was the same, but once I saw it hit D1 status on triple_b's tracker, I reached out and they had the production schedule. Nice looking truck BTW.

Atvdinner

Reaction score
Looks like to me its sitting in a SHAP lot waiting for a truck to take it to the railyard lot where it will get on a train. Unfortunately I think it will be a while yet before it gets to your garage.
Yeah I figured that much. Nothing about the order process was speedy or straight forward in my experience. It's kind of put a bad taste in my mouth. Yes I know others have waited much longer, I get it. My dealer told me 8-12 weeks. Six seven months without a vehicle is for the birds.

Ulster

Reaction score
Yeah I figured that much. Nothing about the order process was speedy or straight forward in my experience. It's kind of put a bad taste in my mouth. Yes I know others have waited much longer, I get it. My dealer told me 8-12 weeks. Six seven months without a vehicle is for the birds.
I think it is more of an issue with your dealer and their guidance. I was the opposite - my dealer set expectations of 6+ months based on last year's trends, but it is looking to be about 10 weeks. I appreciate someone giving me worst case on schedules.

CBH

Reaction score
I was the same, but once I saw it hit D1 status on triple_b's tracker, I reached out and they had the production schedule. Nice looking truck BTW.
So, your truck has an ETA 71 days after you ordered it? That’s encouraging! Yours will look great in granite.

Ulster

Reaction score
So, your truck has an ETA 71 days after you ordered it? That’s encouraging! Yours will look great in granite.
I'm not sure if it was 71 days, but yeah pretty quick. It is in production and I have a build sheet. My wife is tired of me reading it :). Here is my "ultrasound" of the baby. Seeing your rendering makes me kinda wish I had opted for two-tone, for something like the 8th time.

1677017697196.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online