5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2023 Production

lyz9518

Reaction score
truck is gonna be here in a couple of days… any recommend for the tri-fold tonneau cover that fits multifunction tailgate?

mainjet

Reaction score
truck is gonna be here in a couple of days… any recommend for the tri-fold tonneau cover that fits multifunction tailgate?
Does the one that RAM puts on not work with the MF talegate? Seems like it would but to be honest I haven’t seen the MFTG in person enough to really know.

On the website they let you build it with the trifold and the MF but I know the website cannot exactly be trusted.

I Have the tonneau that RAM puts on and it’s been good. I would definitely get the tailgate ajar option if I were you though. I am installing that option myself now but it’s kind of a must with a bed cover since your vision of the tailgate is blocked.

Last edited:

Dschmid37

Reaction score
I don't have any experience with it yet because like you, I'm waiting for my truck to be delivered. However, I've made up my mind to buy the Xceed by Extang.
It's a hard tri-fold that fits the Rams with the Ramboxes and MFT tailgate.

Dschmid37

Reaction score
Oops, just looking at your build sheet and see you don't have Ramboxes. The Xceed won't work for your truck but they have others that will.

$Bill

Reaction score

I contacted BAK. They have a BakFlip MX4 that will work with the MFG without any modifications. Think I’m heading that route.

8F5DCC66-3237-441E-B9C0-55C9347A0E2B.jpeg

mainjet

Reaction score
Oops, just looking at your build sheet and see you don't have Ramboxes. The Xceed won't work for your truck but they have others that will.
Yeah no Ram boxes on mine and I didn't realize yours had them. As I remember, the Ram boxes make the cover sit well inboard so the boxes can open.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
As far as with Ramboxes, If you get the factory tonneau cover, you get black rails. If you get BUG, but not tonneau cover, you get silver rails. The black rails are one piece, double high, for the tie downs, and the cover. The BUG gives the silver rails, and my salesman told me sit lower in the box. My thoughts on the conflict is, The hard cover fits their rails, so if you have the lower mounted silver rails, you mount rails for the hard cover above. If you have the black rails, they sit too high, and interfere with hard cover rails. This is a picture of factory cover, with black double height rails, all the way to top of bed. The truck also has MFT.

Attachments

• Tonneau.jpg
    Tonneau.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 28

Swsoccer1727

Reaction score
Placed order on Jan 6th, scheduled for production on Jan 19th, in production on Feb 07, vehicle built on Feb 15th and just received notification shipped yesterday, Feb 19th with a Mar 7th delivery. So far a great experience with the process, hopefully the Mar 7th delivery is accurate. This will be my first Ram Truck purchased!!

LGB24

Reaction score
Placed order on Jan 6th, scheduled for production on Jan 19th, in production on Feb 07, vehicle built on Feb 15th and just received notification shipped yesterday, Feb 19th with a Mar 7th delivery. So far a great experience with the process, hopefully the Mar 7th delivery is accurate. This will be my first Ram Truck purchased!!
Congrats. But seriously unbelievable that your truck was built and shipped four months after I placed my order, and mine is still TBD for shipping.

LGB24

Reaction score
I'm always surprised at those of you who have done multiple build orders--sometimes just a year or two apart. Y'all are some masochistic MFers. This is my first and last custom build I'm doing from Ram unless they get their sh!t together. What a cluster-f.

mainjet

Reaction score
I'm always surprised at those of you who have done multiple build orders--sometimes just a year or two apart. Y'all are some masochistic MFers. This is my first and last custom build I'm doing from Ram unless they get their sh!t together. What a cluster-f.
An actual rare glimpse into the production picking room at SHAP
53061_web.jpg

Goodone

Reaction score
As far as with Ramboxes, If you get the factory tonneau cover, you get black rails. If you get BUG, but not tonneau cover, you get silver rails. The black rails are one piece, double high, for the tie downs, and the cover. The BUG gives the silver rails, and my salesman told me sit lower in the box. My thoughts on the conflict is, The hard cover fits their rails, so if you have the lower mounted silver rails, you mount rails for the hard cover above. If you have the black rails, they sit too high, and interfere with hard cover rails. This is a picture of factory cover, with black double height rails, all the way to top of bed. The truck also has MFT.
I went to the EXtang site and they show you have to remove the rails and put a seal behind them, then remove the inner tie downs and reattach the rails on a RAMBOX model. Looks fairly easy and was from that point on the same as without the RAMBOX. I really liked their model and it looks seamless.

Atvdinner

Reaction score
I've been saying the same thing. I figuered there be a wait. I had placed the order and was directed to these forums after. Only THEN did I learn what I got myself into. The story is still unfolding as into haven't been marked shipped yet. Unless the circumstances stances alow me to have a vehicle while I wait for another order the next time. I may opt to just pick something off the lot or something. My biggest complaint is the lack of transparency and the idea the pla t doesn't care about us.

OH well, I can't wait for my truck, it's gonna be the nicest one I have owned yet. So there's that!

LGB24

Reaction score
I've been saying the same thing. I figuered there be a wait. I had placed the order and was directed to these forums after. Only THEN did I learn what I got myself into. The story is still unfolding as into haven't been marked shipped yet. Unless the circumstances stances alow me to have a vehicle while I wait for another order the next time. I may opt to just pick something off the lot or something. My biggest complaint is the lack of transparency and the idea the pla t doesn't care about us.

OH well, I can't wait for my truck, it's gonna be the nicest one I have owned yet. So there's that!
What really needs to happen is Ford, Chevy, and GM need to up their game and make a serious effort to compete with the features that Ram offers. Ram gets by with this nonsense because they know there aren't other options. If other manufacturers offered similar products, Ram would improve its manufacturing processes/customer service or go out of business.

turbopowered

Reaction score
So my pizza tracker says shipped, just got a text that says my truck is on its way to the dealer and also got an email today that the truck shipped!

Does that mean my status changed from KZ to KZM? I am trying to figure out if I should consider booking some tickets at some point as I need to fly to pickup the vehicle. Sorry, the excitement is killing me!

This would be my first truck and really pumped to put it to use!

MacDuff

Reaction score
Found 324 Window Stickers tonight. 1 more forum member with a truck on the way! Congratulations to @MacDuff

VINBSWSBStoWSETASTATECOLORSERIES
503213 @litchkrackFRAME
3/28/2023​
GASilverLimited
504085 @MacDuffXX
2​
3/25/2023​
VirginiaGraniteTRX
559288 @Rludemann276FRAME
3/31/2023​
MTPatriotLimited
571697 @UlsterFRAME
3/29/2023​
COGraniteRebel
Jackpot! Thanks very much for the tracking help!
As a sidebar, FWIW I placed my order on September 15th as a reference for others with pending orders.

Users who are viewing this thread