5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2023 Production

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
She is at the dealer!! I noticed in the pictures that I don't have the dark turn signal on the mirror. Also those mirrors look huge.
If you don't mind, can you confirm the lack of smoked mirror lenses when you take delivery? That's a little concerning - not sure how/why they put a 2022 mirror on your truck. Unless this is a bigger trend, and they're just putting on whatever parts they can find in the corner.

bronco44

Reaction score
She is at the dealer!! I noticed in the pictures that I don't have the dark turn signal on the mirror. Also those mirrors look huge.
Just realized that @Chaos79 and I have the exact same build. Would definitely love some more photos when you get the chance so I can pretend it's actually mine!

StickVA

Reaction score
Shipped on 2/1. That day they told me 3/9 ETA. On 2/4 they changed it to a 2/15 ETA. At the dealership in Leesburg,VA today by 9:45am.
@TACKLEBOX do you know if your truck came by train to MD like most to NoVA or did it come by truck? Would be curious to know since yours was built a couple weeks after mine and has arrived but mine is still "waiting to ship". Regardless...congrats!!!!

TACKLEBOX

Reaction score
I honestly have no idea. I'll ask the dealer, but they were shocked it was here today.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think it doesn't look blacked out because of the angle the picture was taken from.

View attachment 151286

View attachment 151287
Are those pictures from the same truck?? And you're sure that they're both smoked lenses? They look completely different. Here's a picture of the two types side-by-side. There should be no mistaking one for the other.

1676052695590.png

StickVA

Reaction score
I honestly have no idea. I'll ask the dealer, but they were shocked it was here today.
Thx...If you could get a copy of the "leg" info that would be great. I'm just trying to decide if I need to complain or just sit back and wait (not that complaining will get it here any quicker).

AcidMaxx

Reaction score
Are those pictures from the same truck?? And you're sure that they're both smoked lenses? They look completely different. Here's a picture of the two types side-by-side. There should be no mistaking one for the other.

View attachment 151293
Yes, same truck from a different angle.
The lens is still clear, only the housing has been blocked out and appears silver from that one angle.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you don't mind, can you confirm the lack of smoked mirror lenses when you take delivery? That's a little concerning - not sure how/why they put a 2022 mirror on your truck. Unless this is a bigger trend, and they're just putting on whatever parts they can find in the corner.
are smoked mirrors on all 2023 or just Night Edition? I agree those do not look smoked.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
are smoked mirrors on all 2023 or just Night Edition? I agree those do not look smoked.
I don't know about ALL trucks, but all of the TRX's are shipping with smoked mirror lenses (and there's no such thing as Night Edition on the TRX).

Helpfuldad

Reaction score
Just got the call I've been waiting for since Sept. Truck is at the dealer. Unfortunately I'm right by the dealer today at work.. but my car that I'm trading in, title, and spare key at 50 min away at my house. Looks like another day of waiting, but she is here!
congrats, @TACKLEBOX , the looooong wait is almost over - enjoy! :cool:

StickVA

Reaction score
you can ask your dealer for the dealer connect report it will show where truck is.
Thx @bigdodge I get those connect reports and its showing sitting waiting to get on a train. I was just trying to see if maybe others are getting them sent via truck vs train. Its all hard to understand. I guess I just need to be patient. Sigh...

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just received a text from Ram, that my truck has shipped. Never made it to the pizza tracker. I'm local so my salesman checked, and it shows going to Connor rd yard. Evidently local, they ship there until enough to fill a truck for dealer. He said next week.

Dschmid37

Reaction score
Just received a text from Ram, that my truck has shipped. Never made it to the pizza tracker. I'm local so my salesman checked, and it shows going to Connor rd yard. Evidently local, they ship there until enough to fill a truck for dealer. He said next week.
Congrats 6of36! Maybe their waiting for my truck. It's supposed to get built Wednesday and it's going to Friendly's in Lapeer also! I too love my salesman there. (Brad)

6of36

Reaction score
Congrats 6of36! Maybe their waiting for my truck. It's supposed to get built Wednesday and it's going to Friendly's in Lapeer also! I too love my salesman there. (Brad)
As you can see in my signature, mine started production the 6th. ETA was 2/28. I used Justin, he sold me my Durango. He's great too! Maybe see you there lol.

6of36

Reaction score
Wow, I see you ordered in Sept. That's a long wait.

Users who are viewing this thread