5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2023 Production

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So it's been a while since I've checked in, but my truck showed up this last weekend! Turns out something happened during production, my ordered was "cloned" and restarted (different VON and VIN), and pushed through production 12/21 - 12/28. Shipped 1/1/23 and after the tracker showed an ETA of 1/30, then 2/7 she popped up at the dealer 1/19. Anyway, all that drama aside...here she is! Follow me on IG @Rambackcountry 🙌

View attachment 149764
Beautiful truck...equally as impressive is the beautiful blue sky! Haven't seen that in about a month Thanks for sharing BOTH! :)

Chaos79

Reaction score
Does anyone know if they got rid of the wood grain on the top of the steering wheel? I just looked at some Limiteds on Mark Dodge website and it seems that the steering wheels are all leather except the bottom.
1674658297821.png

Kumba1010

Reaction score
Does anyone know if they got rid of the wood grain on the top of the steering wheel? I just looked at some Limiteds on Mark Dodge website and it seems that the steering wheels are all leather except the bottom.
View attachment 149768
You are correct, for 2023 Limiteds the wood grain on top of the steering wheel is gone.

Mdhwoods

Reaction score
View attachment 149768
Kinda weird to change that. all i know is my build sheet says wood grain. so probably just talking about the bottom portion.

mainjet

Reaction score
View attachment 149768
All leather except the bottom insert below the airbag as shown in your picture. I don't know what they were like before the 23 but could it have to do with the heated steering wheel?

Chaos79

Reaction score
All leather except the bottom insert below the airbag as shown in your picture. I don't know what they were like before the 23 but could it have to do with the heated steering wheel?
It looked like this:
Basically the wood grain in the bottom insert below the air bag also at the top

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230125_130034_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230125_130034_Chrome.jpg
    345.4 KB · Views: 33

AcidMaxx

Reaction score
It looked like this:
Basically the wood grain in the bottom insert below the air bag also at the top

The wood grain on the upper steering wheel is not the only difference between 22 and 23 Limited.
See this video.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure about the regular DT's, but here are some additional things that have been noticed on the TRX forum:
  • Exterior door handles are now black on all TRX's (used to be paint matched), same with the tailgate handle
  • Rear interior handles used to be wrapped with leather, not anymore (but the fronts are still wrapped)
  • Some interior trim used to be diamond plate looking plastic, now it's brushed metal looking plastic

Kumba1010

Reaction score
Finally, my truck arrived at MD this morning. Ship date 1/10/2023 (estimated ship date 1/5/2023, estimated delivery date 2/3/2023). It's been a very long five months waiting period. Thanks to all the wonderful people of this forum who kept me going. Shipping the truck to home after financing is next.

Attachments

• Pic 1.jpg
    Pic 1.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 38
  • Pic 2.jpg
    Pic 2.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 38

spithead051

Reaction score
Not sure about the regular DT's, but here are some additional things that have been noticed on the TRX forum:
  • Exterior door handles are now black on all TRX's (used to be paint matched), same with the tailgate handle
  • Rear interior handles used to be wrapped with leather, not anymore (but the fronts are still wrapped)
  • Some interior trim used to be diamond plate looking plastic, now it's brushed metal looking plastic

Seems that all trims that previously had body color door handles are gloss black now with the exception of trims that have the chrome insert handles (Limited and Longhorn). Same with the tailgate handles.

Trying to put a parts list together for granite trucks with keyless entry for others to reference for all 4 doors and tailgate (I am awful at deciphering part pages)

mainjet

Reaction score
Finally, my truck arrived at MD this morning. Ship date 1/10/2023 (estimated ship date 1/5/2023, estimated delivery date 2/3/2023). It's been a very long five months waiting period. Thanks to all the wonderful people of this forum who kept me going. Shipping the truck to home after financing is next.
Yeah man that looks nice! Congrats.

Goodone

Reaction score
My second picture was of the previous steering wheel (wood grain on top), what you show is the current one and that's what we are talking about now...
I had the 2019 and did not like the wood, I will be happy with the change.

mainjet

Reaction score
My second picture was of the previous steering wheel (wood grain on top), what you show is the current one and that's what we are talking about now...

Yes, that is my 2023 Limited steering wheel.

zxc700

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what brand of tires are on Limited Night Edtions

Users who are viewing this thread