5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2023 Production

DiezNutz

Reaction score
According to my pizza tracker, my Rebel has been built since 12/14/22 with estimated dealer date of 1/13/23. Wondering why the delay in shipping.
It's probably 1-3 days away... I had the identical dates as you, then my delivery date pulled in once to 1/12, and again to 1/11.
It literally showed up yesterday, 1/6.... (and I picked it up this afternoon :cool:)
So hopefully soon for you as well.

mainjet

Reaction score
Any word on if SHAP is going to be back at it on Monday for sure? We aren’t getting anywhere like this. (Throws his pencil on the desk leans back hard in his chair and crosses his arms tightly)

Kevinn

Reaction score
Any word on if SHAP is going to be back at it on Monday for sure? We aren’t getting anywhere like this. (Throws his pencil on the desk leans back hard in his chair and crosses his arms tightly)
Pretty sure the employer wall posting earlier proved the plants will be back operational on the 9th. it might be back a few pages. man I hope so 🤞

mainjet

Reaction score
Pretty sure the employer wall posting earlier proved the plants will be back operational on the 9th. it might be back a few pages. man I hope so 🤞
Well, that was called a “revised temporary shutdown” and it said the “current plan is to return to work Monday”. I’m wondering if that plan is a reality or if it has been revised to a new current plan.🤷 sometimes maintenance can turn into more than you bargained for.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Well, that was called a “revised temporary shutdown” and it said the “current plan is to return to work Monday”. I’m wondering if that plan is a reality or if it has been revised to a new current plan.🤷 sometimes maintenance can turn into more than you bargained for.
even if they return to work on monday, build sheets will not show until tuesday

however I would not be surprised to see a small amount of build sheets monday morning for friday or saturday work

mainjet

Reaction score
even if they return to work on monday, build sheets will not show until tuesday

however I would not be surprised to see a small amount of build sheets monday morning for friday or saturday work
Agreed. I just need to see 7,000+ trucks a week being built again. Mine is supposed to se shipped Wednesday (start production?) but I don’t think that took the maintenance time into consideration when that date was given. All I know is in order to get my truck and everyone else get their trucks, trucks have to be rolling down that line.

hoping to see production start up again tomorrow then I can sit back and watch the numbers accumulate until my truck pops up.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Agreed. I just need to see 7,000+ trucks a week being built again. Mine is supposed to se shipped Wednesday (start production?) but I don’t think that took the maintenance time into consideration when that date was given. All I know is in order to get my truck and everyone else get their trucks, trucks have to be rolling down that line.

hoping to see production start up again tomorrow then I can sit back and watch the numbers accumulate until my truck pops up.
get a new poc from dealer. it will have been update with the shut down

Armydad72

Reaction score
Why is it in the shop?
Took it threw a what I thought was a shallow water puddle and ended up being a almost 3ft water hole in sand and it would not activate 4wd so I was stuck in 2wd and a rolock slashed a tire so now I have to get a new tire. I could not get the truck past 1500 ram it was not happy. Hard lesson learned. I see water 4wd no matter what Herr in fl.

Armydad72

Reaction score
Yeah what happened to your truck? You’ve had it like a week :(
Less than 24 hrs and less than 100 miles thought I was going to drive trew a water puddle not a 3ft water hole and in 2wd and then the truck would not go in to 4wd at all or fo faster than 1500 rpm

Kevinn

Reaction score
Long story short test a water puddle before you drive threw it in FL. I thought it was just a little puddle not a 3ft sand hole so 2wd was the wrong thing to drive threw it with. Went to put in 3wd and the truck said nope. And a rock slashed my tire also.
was a problem actually found? or was it because of it being auto locking hubs and the fact you were stuck? Crappy to hear you had an issue so soon from receiving the truck. I miss manual locking hubs for this reason alone

Armydad72

Reaction score
was a problem actually found? or was it because of it being auto locking hubs and the fact you were stuck? Crappy to hear you had an issue so soon from receiving the truck. I miss manual locking hubs for this reason alone
Won't know till tomorrow. Yea last 4x4 was 72 chevy. This is totally different

Ruger

Reaction score
Today is the day! She’s been at the dealers since 4jan. She came in earlier than estimated. Work has kept me from picking her up till today. Just needs a good inspection and some last minute price negotiations and she’ll be coming home. Will have pics later today 😁

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
98 Build Sheets found today. None of them were forum members.

This is to be expected as these 98 were likely what was left from the day before the holiday shutdown, and if production does indeed start up today we will see those builds in tomorrows post since build sheets come out the morning after the truck goes down the main assembly line.

Users who are viewing this thread