5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2023 Production

Ruger

Reaction score
I wouldn’t put much stock in the website - it’s always behind. Does anyone have any recent experience at the dealer? Does their system show it as an option?
True the site is behind and does have a few contradictions. My Ram is shipped, so I guess I’ll stop by check on an ETA and see if they have any knew build options for the Laramie's

LGB24

Reaction score
Doesn’t the fact that build and window sheets are stoll coming out indicate that SHAP isn’t actually shut down?

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Doesn’t the fact that build and window sheets are stoll coming out indicate that SHAP isn’t actually shut down?
No, The main assembly line could be down so no new trucks are getting started, but these could be just trucks that had already started prior to the shutdown and the volunteers can finish trucks

Last edited:

cliffsta

Reaction score
My truck has been KZ for a week and a half. What delays a truck from getting shipped? Surely they’re loading cars to Louisiana. Am I maybe buried in the backlog and they can’t get to it to ship it?

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
My truck has been KZ for a week and a half. What delays a truck from getting shipped? Surely they’re loading cars to Louisiana. Am I maybe buried in the backlog and they can’t get to it to ship it?
there are any number of things that can delay a truck from being shipped

I would not even want to speculate what it could be

contact the dealer and see if they have any info

BackCountry'sBadass

Reaction score
Hey Brother don't put too much stock in the tracking done by the production facility, or the dealership. My truck was at a status of KZ up until about 4 or 5 days ago, but I do know that nine days ago she had just left the first rail stop, in Toledo , according to the dealership. I have pestered them more than they care I'm sure but as of two days ago, texting with the dealership all he would tell me is that she's getting close. I kind of wonder sometimes they don't want to tell us exactly where our trucks are for fear that we are getting a little too anxious and I might do something stupid like Rob the train!

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Hey Brother don't put too much stock in the tracking done by the production facility, or the dealership. My truck was at a status of KZ up until about 4 or 5 days ago, but I do know that nine days ago she had just left the first rail stop, in Toledo , according to the dealership. I have pestered them more than they care I'm sure but as of two days ago, texting with the dealership all he would tell me is that she's getting close. I kind of wonder sometimes they don't want to tell us exactly where our trucks are for fear that we are getting a little too anxious and I might do something stupid like Rob the train!
they know and they will tell you if you have a good relationship with them

the form looks like this, see where it states "last event" under "vehicle assignment" this was mine from a about year ago
truck tracking dec 15 2021.jpeg

DiezNutz

Reaction score
I've been in KZ for 2+ weeks (4 days longer than you) so wait your turn! 🤪
Kidding aside 😊... in about another 30 trucks shipped out of my VIN group, there will have been more trucks shipped from my VIN group than had existed in it by the time mine was built... once we cross that threshold, it would mean that trucks built after mine are being shipped... and that's probably going to **** me off. 😅
Tracker is still showing 1/12 delivery, for whatever that's worth.
So I'll just try to remain calm and patient and just enjoy the holidays. 🙂🍺

spithead051

Reaction score
I've been in KZ for 2+ weeks (4 days longer than you) so wait your turn! 🤪
Kidding aside 😊... in about another 30 trucks shipped out of my VIN group, there will have been more trucks shipped from my VIN group than had existed in it by the time mine was built... once we cross that threshold, it would mean that trucks built after mine are being shipped... and that's probably going to **** me off. 😅
Tracker is still showing 1/12 delivery, for whatever that's worth.
So I'll just try to remain calm and patient and just enjoy the holidays. 🙂🍺

The holidays definitely aren't helping anything either. While work is being done, I expect zero measurable progress on anything between Dec 23rd and Jan 3rd between the shutdowns, workers taking time off, suppliers taking time off, shippers being low on staff or prioritizing holiday shipping, etc etc etc.

It could show up at your dealer tomorrow and they may not be able to give it to you for a week if they are short on techs to complete the PPI and prep it for delivery!!!

mainjet

Reaction score
Here's a silly question - My dealer tells me that he checked on the status of my truck and that it has an "estimated ship date of 1/11". What does that really mean? ;)

Ship from the assembly plant to the finisher?
Start production?
Ship to the Dealer?
Nothing at all?

McFIy

Reaction score
Here's a silly question - My dealer tells me that he checked on the status of my truck and that it has an "estimated ship date of 1/11". What does that really mean? ;)

Start production?
Ship to the Dealer?
Nothing at all?
I had an estimated ship date of Jan 10 when I went into D1 status on Dec 14. I went into E status on Dec 26 and the ship date has stayed the same. The only difference now is that I have an estimated delivery date on 14 Feb.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Start production?
Ship to the Dealer?
Nothing at all?
The "Estimated Ship Date" has generally corresponded with the date that the vehicle is built - i.e., ships off of the factory floor. Then it goes through inspections, body vendor (if required), final inspections, and the actual shipping process (which involves parking lots, transfers to rail facilities, actual rail shipping, and final delivery to the dealer).

Users who are viewing this thread