5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2023 Production

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 146043
Not sure what I need to do in setting under gmail to make this tracker work. I also called dealer and the 12" cluster is a 245 dollar option. I ordered a crew cab Laramie 4x4 with the 6'4" bed and still not in production according to dealer, I asked him to contact whomever as I wanted the 12" cluster or to cancel order and I will just order a Limited. When we built truck I did not see this option back on September, 21st.
Not sure what you're trying to do with the tracker. The screenshot you sent is to submit your information. You can't physically add it to the google doc - that's done by triple_B. You just submit your information, wait a day or so, and you'll see your entry in the google doc.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is the 12" cluster in the dash or is it laying on the seat with an "IOU installation" note attached?
Welp, looks like I got ahead of myself on this news. Those reports were for 2022 orders that had been stuck at the plant without the old clusters. Those are NOT 2023 trucks with digital clusters.

False alarm - my bad.

Moonlightboater

Reaction score
Reports are coming in (on the TRX forum) that trucks are being shipped - with the 12" cluster. I haven't seen anyone confirm this yet from their dealers, but the Ram website tracker is listing them as shipped. Anyone on this forum with a build sheet and the 12" digital cluster seeing the same?
Just spoke with dealer, If you did an early order the 12" dash was not an option and would be the 7" TFT Under Entertainment and technology it is a 245 dollar option now in the Laramie. I asked him to add this to my order as I ordered a Laramie 4x4 with the 6'4" bed or 153.5" wheelbase so not in production. I also told him if this cannot be accomplished to cancel order and I will start over with a Limited.

Armydad72

Reaction score
you can also see your info on the chart here
Thank you very much

mainjet

Reaction score
Welp, looks like I got ahead of myself on this news. Those reports were for 2022 orders that had been stuck at the plant without the old clusters. Those are NOT 2023 trucks with digital clusters.

False alarm - my bad.

That's ok. False news is better than no news at all at this point :ROFLMAO:

On a more serious note - Thanks for all you do to get info out to the forum members on their trucks.

woodgrain

Reaction score
My Laramie order was placed 0n 09/01, no movement as of yet. Reached out to my dealer re the digital cluster and no response as of yet. I'm debating if it does not come with the DC, I may cancel and reorder new to ensure I do get it. Not a big deal if i get it or not, but given that the majority of 23' will, I'm thinking of resale value once I get rid of it for something else.

Ruger

Reaction score
Just spoke with dealer, If you did an early order the 12" dash was not an option and would be the 7" TFT Under Entertainment and technology it is a 245 dollar option now in the Laramie. I asked him to add this to my order as I ordered a Laramie 4x4 with the 6'4" bed or 153.5" wheelbase so not in production. I also told him if this cannot be accomplished to cancel order and I will start over with a Limited.
I ordered mine early and it wasn’t and option at that time. It ok, I like the older cluster look anyway. I’ll just give it a few years and order a new one with the 20.5” HD 4K cluster. 🤣🤣🤣

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So if I understand all of this correctly:
  • early Laramie orders didn't have an option to add the digital cluster (but it was advertised that the 2023 DT trucks would have it)
  • now, Ram is saying that it is a $295 add-on option - and that goes back to the beginning of the 2023 order timeline
  • So anyone who ordered a Laramie early on isn't getting the digital cluster
That kinda sucks, if you're a person who really wanted it. It's not surprising, though. Same kind of stuff happened this time last year - the biggest scandal was the removal of power folding mirrors. All sorts of people, including me (with the Rebel order), were pretty hot about it.

spithead051

Reaction score
  • early Laramie orders didn't have an option to add the digital cluster (but it was advertised that the 2023 DT trucks would have it)
  • now, Ram is saying that it is a $295 add-on option - and that goes back to the beginning of the 2023 order timeline
That kinda sucks, if you're a person who really wanted it. It's not surprising, though. Same kind of stuff happened this time last year - the biggest scandal was the removal of power folding mirrors. All sorts of people, including me (with the Rebel order), were pretty hot about it.

Wait, they removed power folding mirrors from a 60k+ truck because "reasons"?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wait, they removed power folding mirrors from a 60k+ truck because "reasons"?
Yeah, there were on-and-off restrictions on the power-folding mirrors for a few months. They didn't advertise the change, but suddenly trucks were being converted from "Level 2" to "Level B".

But the biggest scandal last year was the intermittent reports of missing foam cup holders for the doors. You wanna talk about pissed? Woo, there were villagers with torches at the gates of SHAP because of that.

StickVA

Reaction score
Anyone know if the Longhorn comes standard with the 12" cluster? I ordered my Longhorn on 9/11. I would like to have it so trying to decide if I need to contact the dealer.

Ruger

Reaction score
It does suck that they are doing this to anyone that ordered early. My truck is already in production so my only option would be to refuse it at the dealer. The main reason I ordered early was because I wanted an ECO. you can’t order one now. So it’s either cancel and reorder to get a 12” cluster and loose the ECO or keep the ECO and get stuck with 7” cluster. Given the option , I’ll keep what I have.

Kumba1010

Reaction score
It does suck that they are doing this to anyone that ordered early. My truck is already in production so my only option would be to refuse it at the dealer. The main reason I ordered early was because I wanted an ECO. you can’t order one now. So it’s either cancel and reorder to get a 12” cluster and loose the ECO or keep the ECO and get stuck with 7” cluster. Given the option , I’ll keep what I have.
I feel your pain...I am in the same boat; I will prefer to keep what I have and wait for the EV

spithead051

Reaction score

Damn, if you had the Hemi I would offer you a trade for my 12", I would have skipped it if it had been optional on the Rebel.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Then how about they start producing granite trucks ordered 3.5 months ago! Even Kindergarteners know people shouldn't be allowed to cut in line.
It was far worse last year. Right now, we are about 2-1/2 weeks into production. The factory has built trucks as far as the 529 group (so into the first 29,000 orders), although they've mostly focused on the first 22,000 orders until the past day or two.

At this point last year (about 2-1/2 weeks into production), they were building out as far as the 170 group (or the first 70,000 orders). So the randomness-pattern was a LOT bigger.

Users who are viewing this thread