5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Any way to track a truck after it has left the factory other than the RAM BRAND VEHICLE ORDER TRACKING site? I never could get my truck to come up on it. I just stopped by the dealer and they said it was still on a rail yard in Toledo. Will be a year this week since I placed to order so I would not be surprised at anything but I would have figured it would have moved further down the line by now. Thanks for whatever light you guys can shed on the subject!
only with the dealer and the dealer connect system

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is there a way to tell if there will be any more of a particular config headed to inventory in a geographic region? I went to pull the trigger to order a 2023 eco diesel 6ft bed crew cab after a lot of research, and got told that was no longer a valid build config. There doesn't seem to be any in the way of 2022 eco diesel 6 ft bed crew cabs on the lots out here in so. cal. Trying to figure out if it's worth the time looking at the inventory page.

This is the best I can offer, I scrape inventory from every dealers website that I have been able to identify in the US (currently almost 3000 of them)

There have been very few Crew Cab, 6'4" bed EcoDiesel trucks built to date (856 to be precise) so finding one still available anywhere in the country, let alone close to you may be a long shot.

The 856 total includes ALL models (Laramie, Limited, Big Horn, Lonestar, Tradesman, Longhorn) and drive configurations as well since you didnt specify 2WD vs 4WD.

After tonights pull of dealer stock I find 42583 trucks currenty sitting on the lots across the US and only 17 of those are CrewCab 6'4" bed with the EcoDiesel.

2 of those are in California, a Patriot Blue Longhorn and an Ivory White Limited. Next closest would be the 8 Longhorns in Texas. If any of those are of interest to you let me know and I can get you more detail.

ModelStateColor
LonghornCaliforniaPatriot
LimitedCaliforniaIvory
LonghornLouisianaBlack
LonghornLouisianaIvory
LimitedMississippiDelmonico
LaramieNebraskaWhite
LimitedNew YorkIvory
LimitedTennesseePatriot
LonghornTexasBlack
LonghornTexasIvory
LonghornTexasBlack
LonghornTexasIvory
LonghornTexasSilver
LonghornTexasDelmonico
LonghornTexasBlack
LonghornTexasIvory
LaramieVirginiaDelmonico

hogger

Reaction score
if you can wait for custom order (aka you don't need a truck for the foreseeable ~6 months) you can contact Mark Dodge in Louisiana and custom order one.
just not sure if eco diesel is still on the order chart though
Not in a super big hurry, but again from what my local dealerships have said when I tried to custom order, the eco diesel,crew cab, 6ft bed is not an acceptable combination for 2023. I will keep in mind the Mark Dodge suggestion if I go custom order in the future. Eco Diesel is scheduled to halt production in January, so any eco diesel config may no longer be acceptable at this point. It's been a week since I've checked.

hogger

Reaction score
This is the best I can offer, I scrape inventory from every dealers website that I have been able to identify in the US (currently almost 3000 of them)

There have been very few Crew Cab, 6'4" bed EcoDiesel trucks built to date (856 to be precise) so finding one still available anywhere in the country, let alone close to you may be a long shot.

The 856 total includes ALL models (Laramie, Limited, Big Horn, Lonestar, Tradesman, Longhorn) and drive configurations as well since you didnt specify 2WD vs 4WD.

After tonights pull of dealer stock I find 42583 trucks currenty sitting on the lots across the US and only 17 of those are CrewCab 6'4" bed with the EcoDiesel.

2 of those are in California, a Patriot Blue Longhorn and an Ivory White Limited. Next closest would be the 8 Longhorns in Texas. If any of those are of interest to you let me know and I can get you more detail.

ModelStateColor
LonghornCaliforniaPatriot
LimitedCaliforniaIvory
LonghornLouisianaBlack
LonghornLouisianaIvory
LimitedMississippiDelmonico
LaramieNebraskaWhite
LimitedNew YorkIvory
LimitedTennesseePatriot
LonghornTexasBlack
LonghornTexasIvory
LonghornTexasBlack
LonghornTexasIvory
LonghornTexasSilver
LonghornTexasDelmonico
LonghornTexasBlack
LonghornTexasIvory
LaramieVirginiaDelmonico
Great info triple_B. Interesting that so few of this particular combo have been built. I suppose perhaps those looking at diesel simply end up going to a 2500.
Been poking around the RAM website and saw the 2 here in CA. They're both higher trims (so expensive), and I'd prefer not to have the air suspension and leather. Are you able to tell if the Texas ones are CARB compliant? A piece of info I've not noticed looking at the pdfs of the window stickers on the RAM website.
Prefer 4WD. And had already been considering a trip to TX for a Longhorn, but think it sold over the weekend as it no longer shows up on the the dealer website. Was on my list to call over there this week to find out about the CARB issue.

cliffsta

Reaction score
I realize start of production has slipped back a few more days, but shouldn’t they be scheduling 23s at this point? We’re ~2 weeks from the “current” start date.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Great info triple_B. Interesting that so few of this particular combo have been built. I suppose perhaps those looking at diesel simply end up going to a 2500.
Been poking around the RAM website and saw the 2 here in CA. They're both higher trims (so expensive), and I'd prefer not to have the air suspension and leather. Are you able to tell if the Texas ones are CARB compliant? A piece of info I've not noticed looking at the pdfs of the window stickers on the RAM website.
Prefer 4WD. And had already been considering a trip to TX for a Longhorn, but think it sold over the weekend as it no longer shows up on the the dealer website. Was on my list to call over there this week to find out about the CARB issue.
if you found the windows sticker get the vin number and run it for the build sheet
the build sheet will show what emissions it has

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not in a super big hurry, but again from what my local dealerships have said when I tried to custom order, the eco diesel,crew cab, 6ft bed is not an acceptable combination for 2023. I will keep in mind the Mark Dodge suggestion if I go custom order in the future. Eco Diesel is scheduled to halt production in January, so any eco diesel config may no longer be acceptable at this point. It's been a week since I've checked.
ah yeah they dropping the eco diesel too.
MD has been great. one of the best car purchase experience i've had so far (the other one was my 4runner 5 years ago)

hogger

Reaction score
if you found the windows sticker get the vin number and run it for the build sheet
the build sheet will show what emissions it has
Thanks for the tip bigdodge. Didn't know I could do that, but a with a bit of googling based on your tip and I've found the info.

Users who are viewing this thread