5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ah, now we need a scatter-graph chart with the X axis as "MSRP" and the Y axis as "order-to-build duration". That will definitively prove whether there's a correlation!
GRRRRRRR, YOU DIRTY SOB! You're going force me to open 300,000+ window stickers to gather MSRP from each of them arent you?? :mad::p

I did code an MSRP calculator previously that worked strictly from the build sheet but only for TRX's currently so I cant apply that to any other models. It is no longer accurate and there would be no way to make it so with the multiple changes in pricing that have happened throughout the 2022 year model. My best guess for some of the discrpencies is trucks that were price locked from the beginning were the ones that had the lower MSRP listed on the window sticker even after the price jumps so the only way I can see doing this would be to pull each directly from the window sticker.

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good grief, I should know better than to offer extra data at this point because its never enough :p

Code is complete and I just started processing all window stickers, gathering MSRP from each one. It is currently averaging about 3/s which sounds great, until you realize they have built over 300000 trucks to date and even at 3/s that works out to roughly 30 hours of non stop processing window stickers. So I will be back with a chart late tomorrow night, or possibly early Saturday.

Couple questions:
Is there anything else that would be beneficial to gather from each window sticker while I'm at it? and Who do I make this invoice out to ??

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Bigdodge will be paying - it was his idea.
I can’t think of anything on the window sticker (other than price) that isn’t already in the build sheets.
Add an extra 20% to your invoice, because you’re the best!

Stealthfxr

Reaction score
The cost really doesnt have anything to do with the wait until production begins

Here is the average delay for all series to date that were issued AFTER production of the 2022's began. Almost all trucks outside the TRX fall in that 50-60 day range.

SeriesQty BuiltBuild Wait
Big Horn / Lonestar
118378​
54.1​
Laramie
56931​
56.1​
Limited
28257​
51.5​
Rebel
22631​
61.6​
TRX
13529​
84.2​
Sport
10118​
51.2​
Longhorn
8828​
54.0​
Tradesman
4830​
53.6​
Tradesman HFE
33​
73.0​
Figures, I'm always on the wrong side of the curve. Currently, 90+ days to estimated build for Big Horn. Ordered 23 June, 1 Oct est. ship.

jake_eizy

Reaction score
Good grief, I should know better than to offer extra data at this point because its never enough :p

Code is complete and I just started processing all window stickers, gathering MSRP from each one. It is currently averaging about 3/s which sounds great, until you realize they have built over 300000 trucks to date and even at 3/s that works out to roughly 30 hours of non stop processing window stickers. So I will be back with a chart late tomorrow night, or possibly early Saturday.

Couple questions:
Is there anything else that would be beneficial to gather from each window sticker while I'm at it? and Who do I make this invoice out to ??
what language are you using? link to github?

Roy E. Munson

Reaction score
I currently still am able to find 362431 orders, of which they have built 311888 trucks leaving 50543 trucks left to build.

However, what isnt publicly available is whether an order is canceled or not so there could be many of these that wont ever be built and I just wont know that until some point in the future where I am only finding 2023 builds and no 2022. There was nearly 2 months of overlap between the 2021/2022 transition so that doubles the scanning required during that period.

Here is the breakdown of the remaing 50543 trucks

Big Horn / Lonestar
22677​
Laramie
8316​
Limited
6115​
TRX
5213​
Rebel
3165​
Tradesman
1986​
Sport
1728​
Longhorn
1291​
Tradesman HFE
52​

Below is the current VIN group chart as of today (average VIN group completion below 400 is at 94%) You can see how many are still left to be built in the older groups and are more likely to be cancelled orders, but not guaranteed. This month alone we have had 3 trucks from the 103 group built which would have been ordered nearly 15± months ago??

View attachment 138000
Based on this, where does my order from 9/9/2021 fall. It is a big horn. Yes, that is 51 weeks with nothing but cricket sounds! That includes no VIN yet.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes. but why should that matter?
Because Ram held fleet orders, as they were prioritizing sold orders and dealer stock orders. They're just now starting to fulfill fleet orders.

Roy E. Munson

Reaction score
Because Ram held fleet orders, as they were prioritizing sold orders and dealer stock orders. They're just now starting to fulfill fleet orders.
So your saying there is a chance that this thing could still be built?

Jose35324

Reaction score
So will I see my 22 Back Country ordered early August before January 2023? What's your guys guess as to when it will likely be built and delivered to Mark Dodge by ???

Users who are viewing this thread