5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

SealTeamFive

Reaction score
When you compare my build to trucks that are 99% similar the difference is the engine as far as most complex component. Look at my signature for my build and then look at the window stickers on the Google Sheet tracker. Granted there are 1000s of orders not being tracked, but when you filter for Big Horns I'm 1 of 4 old orders with no movement. There are 3 orders before me, but when you look at their VINs they are so old my guess is those trucks don't exist. They have VINs starting with a 1. Look how many BH with Back Country package have been built after me. It's nuts.
Hey Manchu,

I'm guessing there's a different reason for why some builds are coming later than others.... margin. It's no secret the limited trims get pushed out faster, and those are the highest margin trims out there for Stellantis. I wouldn't be surprised if in these times of shortage they are prioritizing the builds that net them the most money the fastest. It would also explain why Tradesman and Big Horns on average take longer than Laramies and Limiteds. From a straight supply chain standpoint, it should be the opposite. The high end trims usually have the most complicated and longest lead supply chain components.

Just my thoughts on how Stellantis is prioritizing builds...

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Manchu,

I'm guessing there's a different reason for why some builds are coming later than others.... margin. It's no secret the limited trims get pushed out faster, and those are the highest margin trims out there for Stellantis. I wouldn't be surprised if in these times of shortage they are prioritizing the builds that net them the most money the fastest. It would also explain why Tradesman and Big Horns on average take longer than Laramies and Limiteds. From a straight supply chain standpoint, it should be the opposite. The high end trims usually have the most complicated and longest lead supply chain components.

Just my thoughts on how Stellantis is prioritizing builds...
Here's the data for all members that have received build sheets (between the 5th Gen forum and the TRX forum).

1656686281097.png

Laramies are, on average, the quickest to be built. Followed by Bighorns, followed by Limiteds. TRX is dead last, and that's the most expensive trim out there.

I don't see a correlation when it comes to expensive/high-margin vs. build date. To be honest, there really isn't a clear, consistent trend in anything. Well, except that TRX's are hard to come by.

Reaction score
Does anyone know how accurate the Ram Order Tracker is? I'm trying to time it just right to sell my current truck so I'm not on foot for too long. My dealership says mid to late July, but the tracker has held steady at July 8th for over a week.

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    169.5 KB · Views: 27

Wh0urdady2

Reaction score
Delivery is really dependent on how it's being shipped. If it's by train, there really isn't anyway to know.

Chicagoshoop

Reaction score
Here's the data for all members that have received build sheets (between the 5th Gen forum and the TRX forum).

View attachment 133582

Laramies are, on average, the quickest to be built. Followed by Bighorns, followed by Limiteds. TRX is dead last, and that's the most expensive trim out there.

I don't see a correlation when it comes to expensive/high-margin vs. build date. To be honest, there really isn't a clear, consistent trend in anything. Well, except that TRX's are hard to come by.
That’s really interesting data. Thanks!

cleigh

Reaction score
So folks who have received your BS already. How do you find out first? Do you get the RAM 'in production' email, a contact from the dealer, or does Triple_b surprise you?

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Does anyone know how accurate the Ram Order Tracker is? I'm trying to time it just right to sell my current truck so I'm not on foot for too long. My dealership says mid to late July, but the tracker has held steady at July 8th for over a week.
Hard to say. Mine was delivered 2 weeks before the estimated delivery date which was real surprising. That was after being stuck in a ETA to dealer TBD for at least a few weeks. No real rhyme or reason. My best source was Cassens transport. Once mine hit their schedule the date was right on. Not all trucks are transported by them but doesn’t hurt to enter your info daily just in case.

Reaction score
Delivery is really dependent on how it's being shipped. If it's by train, there really isn't anyway to know.
It is coming by train. On Monday the dealership told me it was in the Middle of North Dakota. With that info, the July 8th date is absolutely probable. Oh well, I've waited this long, what's a few more days gonna hurt? :ROFLMAO:

Wh0urdady2

Reaction score
It is coming by train. On Monday the dealership told me it was in the Middle of North Dakota. With that info, the July 8th date is absolutely probable. Oh well, I've waited this long, what's a few more days gonna hurt? :ROFLMAO:
My will be coming by train as well, and I was told it would be a month and a half for the dealership to get it from the trainyard.

jake_eizy

Reaction score
Hard to say. Mine was delivered 2 weeks before the estimated delivery date which was real surprising. That was after being stuck in a ETA to dealer TBD for at least a few weeks. No real rhyme or reason. My best source was Cassens transport. Once mine hit their schedule the date was right on. Not all trucks are transported by them but doesn’t hurt to enter your info daily just in case.

how do you find dealer number?

SealTeamFive

Reaction score

View attachment 133582

Well there ya go. All of my guessing and random thought processes are just that. I agree.. there doesn’t seem to be a rhyme or reason based on the data shown. Only thing I would mention is that the data is specific to forum members. Not sure how that compares to the public writ large. Probably would be close IMO to the forum data, with perhaps a bit less of the TRX and a bit more of the tradesman trim

Freebie2

Reaction score
Hi, Nayone on here had there vehicle built if you ordered in Feb 21 last year in Alberta with a fleet. We are still waiting for our truck.

Users who are viewing this thread