5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Portland

Reaction score
Of course it would be mine that's the oldest. That's typically my luck. My dealer has been absolutely NO help either. The sales guy who was helping me either quit or was fired, and nobody else at the dealer knows much more. So frustrating. By the time they finally build this truck it'll be 2023 and the interstate rates will be somewhere nearing 9%. I'm half tempted to cancel my order.
I've gotten a few suggestions to just cancel my order with my dealer and order from Mark Dodge in TX. I've read somewhere on this forum that there are a few outstanding sales reps over there that know how to get things done. Anyone remember their names in case I decide to go this route?

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
By the time they finally build this truck it'll be 2023 and the interstate rates will be somewhere nearing 9%. I'm half tempted to cancel my order.
I too am concerned with the interest rates when my truck is finally delivered to the dealer. Scheduled to be built tomorrow so I would guess a month from now at the dealer, but either way, Curious on what the current rates are going to be. My credit union already raised there refinance rates from 1.9% to 3.3% on a 60 month refi. hoping to walk away with the 0 apr deal but with the way the economy is going, I doubt that is going to happen.

Nannni

Reaction score
Of course it would be mine that's the oldest. That's typically my luck. My dealer has been absolutely NO help either. The sales guy who was helping me either quit or was fired, and nobody else at the dealer knows much more. So frustrating. By the time they finally build this truck it'll be 2023 and the interstate rates will be somewhere nearing 9%. I'm half tempted to cancel my order.
3 MONTHS and no D1 yet??? Plz don't let this be the case with my order 🙏🙏🙏

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I too am concerned with the interest rates when my truck is finally delivered to the dealer. Scheduled to be built tomorrow so I would guess a month from now at the dealer, but either way, Curious on what the current rates are going to be. My credit union already raised there refinance rates from 1.9% to 3.3% on a 60 month refi. hoping to walk away with the 0 apr deal but with the way the economy is going, I doubt that is going to happen.

I ordered my truck on 3/16 and picked it up on 6/6. On of the incentives available when I ordered the truck was 0% for 72 months. I was allowed to take that along with the $1,000 pop-up incentive that was also around back when I ordered the truck.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is blue shade the hydro blue?
No, blue shade was an extremely limited run of dark blue on the 10th Anniversary Limited. The other blue colors (Hydro and Patriot) are piled together in the chart.

brewdad

Reaction score
I just re-entered my info on the Ram Tracker & it now shows In Production as of 9 June. It took two days for the update to post, so my truck may already be built.

Portland

Reaction score
Ok so I got a call from my dealer just now. It was the Sales Manager. He told me that he looked into my truck build with some head honcho over ordering over there and he said that my truck has already been built, at least the frame and the exterior has. He said it is at the moment on the assembly line having the interior built.

I asked him what 'status' my truck is showing in and he said its in "D" status. I questioned that as I have read and been told that D status means it's still waiting to be scheduled for assembly. D1 means its 'being built'. He said he didn't know about all that, all he knows is that the truck is already half built and he estimates another 60 days until it arrives at the dealership to be picked up. I also asked for my VON so I can track it on the website and he said he doesn't have that but he'll try to get it. So weird, they have a VIN but not a VON??

Does all this sound legit to you guys?

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Ok so I got a call from my dealer just now. It was the Sales Manager. He told me that he looked into my truck build with some head honcho over ordering over there and he said that my truck has already been built, at least the frame and the exterior has. He said it is at the moment on the assembly line having the interior built.

I asked him what 'status' my truck is showing in and he said its in "D" status. I questioned that as I have read and been told that D status means it's still waiting to be scheduled for assembly. D1 means its 'being built'. He said he didn't know about all that, all he knows is that the truck is already half built and he estimates another 60 days until it arrives at the dealership to be picked up. I also asked for my VON so I can track it on the website and he said he doesn't have that but he'll try to get it. So weird, they have a VIN but not a VON??

just get them to send you the poc

in the mean time try ramchat with the vin they gave you

are you in the triple_B tracker here?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

If your dealer can’t look up your VON, then there’s something wrong. And there’s something wrong with everything else he told you. Dealers absolutely know the D/D1 difference. Not sure what’s afoot, but this is definitely suspicious.

Portland

Reaction score
just get them to send you the poc

in the mean time try ramchat with the vin they gave you

are you in the triple_B tracker here?
I am in the tracker here. If you scroll up, there was a comment from one of the moderators that my build is the 'oldest build' with a 6'4 bed on the tracker. Lucky me. Also, ramchat no longer exists. They took that option down from their website sometime last week. How do I get a VON so I can track it on the Ram vehicle owners site?

EDIT: I was able to get my VON from the Ram 800#. It doesn't work for me when I try it, but it worked for them. They confirmed my order is in D status (scheduled for build, but not being built). Something's off. Either my dealer is lying to me, or they can see information that Ram Customer Service cannot.

Last edited:

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I am in the tracker here. If you scroll up, there was a comment from one of the moderators that my build is the 'oldest build' with a 6'4 bed on the tracker. Lucky me. Also, ramchat no longer exists. They took that option down from their website sometime last week. How do I get a VON so I can track it on the Ram vehicle owners site?

EDIT: I was able to get my VON from the Ram 800#. It doesn't work for me when I try it, but it worked for them. They confirmed my order is in D status (scheduled for build, but not being built). Something's off. Either my dealer is lying to me, or they can see information that Ram Customer Service cannot.
I'd go with dealer lying
because they just do not want to find the real answer

Users who are viewing this thread