5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

truckyou

Reaction score
Anyone living where rust is an issue? What're ya'll thinking of doing for rustproofing?

Dealers usually offers a lifetime rustproof/undercoating around here, or alternatively can get it sprayed with oil every year

I like the idea of lifetime but not sure how good it will actually hold up... I'd prefer to have good rustproofing than a good rustproofing warranty

monkeypunch

Reaction score
Anytime I see a big horn with a higher vin that is already built I try to see what options they have to compare. Only seen a few so far but none of them have the same options. Still makes you wonder the build process. Oh well.
There is no point in trying to figure it out. There is no pattern. Trust me.

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score
Hope it’s hearsay as my Limited Longhorn has the pano sunroof…..
Longhorns in general are by far the slowest and way way behind. If you have the pano it is a little worse and if you have the special 2 tone paint it is the longest by far. A couple guys ordered late last year and still don’t have theirs with the 2 tone paint option. Is that the southfork or whatever I believe. The lists of part shortages changes week to week so it hasn’t caused any huge delays from what is tracking on this group. But again the Longhorns are the slowest by far. Limiteds are fastest by far. Good luck hopefully you get to D1 quick. 2023 news should be coming soon and they will start building the new refreshed truck with the new digital gauge and whatever else they add in September I believe ?
I hope that is not the case. I do not want the raw aluminum 20 inch wheels.
If you happen to get the crappy standard wheels Ram still is going to get you the right wheels lol.. or they offer a cash amount if. You wanna keep the regular ones? Soem
People do that because they are gonna run aftermarket wheels anyways. If you want the night edition wheels You just might have to wait a little and when they are available they will send to the dealer you purchased from or a close dealer and swap them.

franc944

Reaction score
Longhorns in general are by far the slowest and way way behind. If you have the pano it is a little worse and if you have the special 2 tone paint it is the longest by far. A couple guys ordered late last year and still don’t have theirs with the 2 tone paint option. Is that the southfork or whatever I believe. The lists of part shortages changes week to week so it hasn’t caused any huge delays from what is tracking on this group. But again the Longhorns are the slowest by far. Limiteds are fastest by far. Good luck hopefully you get to D1 quick. 2023 news should be coming soon and they will start building the new refreshed truck with the new digital gauge and whatever else they add in September I believe ?

If you happen to get the crappy standard wheels Ram still is going to get you the right wheels lol.. or they offer a cash amount if. You wanna keep the regular ones? Soem
People do that because they are gonna run aftermarket wheels anyways. If you want the night edition wheels You just might have to wait a little and when they are available they will send to the dealer you purchased from or a close dealer and swap them.
I have a backcountry on the way. If it doesn’t come w black wheels how much $ should I ask for off from the dealer?

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a backcountry on the way. If it doesn’t come w black wheels how much $ should I ask for off from the dealer?
Those are 18”. I believe it was the 20” that were mentioned as being replaced.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don’t plan to run any aftermarket wheels. I’m sure that’s probably what the holdup is with my truck. If that is the case I would rather wait until they are available for them to finish. More hassle to return to the dealer later on. No hurry for the truck at this point just would rather have it come complete as I ordered it

Tdmva21

Reaction score
Longhorns in general are by far the slowest and way way behind. If you have the pano it is a little worse …..But again the Longhorns are the slowest by far. …… hopefully you get to D1 quick. 2023 news should be coming soon and they will start building the new refreshed truck with the new digital gauge and whatever else they add in September I believe ?

Man that’s discouraging….have any good feedback? Ahhah.

Wonder what happens if it’s not in production by the time the ‘23’s hit the line……

SirHobgoblin

Reaction score
I ordered my longhorn on 3/12, and it has arrived locally (via train) and is awaiting transport to the dealer, eta 05/09 -05/25. My WS showed up on 4/2, so the longest wait on my end was shipping.

mophead

Reaction score

Wonder what happens if it’s not in production by the time the ‘23’s hit the line……
Go back and read the beginning of this thread. Lots of 21's became 22's. For some, meh okay, others waited and waited. Did I mention waited?

Edit: I'm sure there's multiple mentions of the transition in this thread. I just grazed the first couple of pages and didn't see much, it is here though. There's other threads on here somewhere that has a lot of 21 orders becoming 22's . Maybe MSRP or Best Price. Overall it wasn't pretty.

Last edited:

Tdmva21

Reaction score
Go back and read the beginning of this thread. Lots of 21's became 22's. For some, meh okay, others waited and waited. Did I mention waited?

Edit: I'm sure there's multiple mentions of the transition in this thread. I just grazed the first couple of pages and didn't see much, it is here though. There's other threads on here somewhere that has a lot of 21 orders becoming 22's . Maybe MSRP or Best Price. Overall it wasn't pretty.
This happened to my parents Mercedes years back. They had to pay a small increase due to the new model year. My dealer has the priced locked based on my order date….we’ll see if that comes up in the event this goes that long.

Will look back at this thread to see the posts / stories you reference. Thanks.

mophead

Reaction score
This happened to my parents Mercedes years back. They had to pay a small increase due to the new model year. My dealer has the priced locked based on my order date….we’ll see if that comes up in the event this goes that long.

Will look back at this thread to see the posts / stories you reference. Thanks.
Don't think there was many problems with price increases as much as there was an extended pause between 21-22 and wait times to see BS or WS were ridiculous. Packages changed and availability of some options was sketchy too.

Tdmva21

Reaction score
Don't think there was many problems with price increases as much as there was an extended pause between 21-22 and wait times to see BS or WS were ridiculous. Packages changed and availability of some options was sketchy too.
You guys are full of good news! Let’s hope somehow it flies through production somehow.

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score
I believe they offer you. It isn’t a barter lol. I believe it was $1500? Someone else might remember why others said.

Good news is when our trucks come atleast the heated and cooled seats work unlike the gmc/Chevys haha.. that’s all I got for good news sorry lol.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

As I recall, the only conversions from 21 to 22 were Canadian orders that had languished for a long time. I don’t think anyone should get their hopes up on being converted to 23 models.

Tdmva21

Reaction score
@Eighty i don’t want a ‘23….. Gr1mreaper was giving me some historical info regarding ltd. Longhorn delays ‘ time to get built/delivered and the relation to this time in the model year.

Users who are viewing this thread