5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Shin01176

Reaction score
Got a call from Aaron, evidently a scratch in the paint they'll need to look at Monday so delayed in picking it up.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So, my truck arrived today. Very happy that it is here, but a little bummed about a few things. The mirrors are not paint matched. I didn’t catch that on by BS. I just assumed they would be since my 2020 Laramie Night Edition had paint matched mirrors. Apparently that option is no longer available on the Laramie Night Edition. And the carbon fiber look trim pieces look a bit cheesy compared to my 2020. I’ll be dropping it off Friday for PPF and Ceramic tint. I won’t be driving it until Friday when I take it in. Trying to eliminate rock chips on the hood, bumper, mirrors, fenders etc.

sbaldocchi

Reaction score
Rebel showed up at the dealer. It has a little damage. Happened to be rolling by shortly after it was unloaded. They will PDI it Monday and then send it down to a local body shop for the small ding and 2 scratches. Happy it’s here just wish it wasn’t already heading to a body shop. F1B55928-9F02-4424-830C-457776367CB3.jpeg

Solracer

Reaction score
So far....
  • Ordered on 4/1/22
  • D1 on 4/5 D1
  • Tentative build date of 4/29
  • Build Sheet on 5/5
  • Window Sticker on 5/7

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score
So far....
  • Ordered on 4/1/22
  • D1 on 4/5 D1
  • Tentative build date of 4/29
  • Build Sheet on 5/5
  • Window Sticker on 5/7
Yeah you ordered at the best time, 2022’s are coming to an end. They will build all the expensive trucks and the bighorns and lower trims will get pushed to 2023 probably lol 😂.

ManchuWarrior

Reaction score
I can verify that is untrue lol. I ordered my bighorn on 4/18 and it is now sitting in a holding lot awaiting shipment to the dealer 30 miles away 🤣.
Yes please more comments like this.

I ordered a Back Country and sold my Tacoma so I need a vechile ASAP. 🤣

Alonzochula

Reaction score

Last I spoke with my dealer, they said it's not as much of a building problem than it is a logistics problem. Can't say that for everyone because there's people waiting a long time; but that's the information I was given. Logistics is a mess right now.

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score
I can verify that is untrue lol. I ordered my bighorn on 4/18 and it is now sitting in a holding lot awaiting shipment to the dealer 30 miles away 🤣.
It’s literally the end of 2022’s lol. They are all
Coming faster then they were 7 months ago. My post was a joke though as all of them are coming pretty fast now, hopefully they are catching up. Glad to see they are all coming faster now though.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score

waiting until my truck at least has a BS/WS or at least gets into D1 before I sell my 21. Still need my truck to take my toys out and don't want to sell it if the build is gonna be pushed back till the end of the year.

speedgeek

Reaction score
Two Questions

1. I was having a conversation with a friend who buys Ford. He was telling me that Ford cancels orders in the queue at the time of switching to a new model year and the dealers have to re-order. Is this something that happens with the Ram trucks, or do they just roll orders over to the next model year?

2. I have not been waiting near as long as a lot of other folks have, but looking at how some of the build are coming thru now, I think I may know why I am still in D Status. Do they need to change over anything on the line(s) in order to run a build that is supposed to have a V6 in it rather then the Hemi? If so I figure they probably batch those up and run them through at the same time. I also suspect that there are not a lot ordered/built with the V6 in it... but I have no statistics/data to suggest that. Does anyone have a production breakdown as to the percentage of units produced with V6's vs HEMI VS HEMI ETorque VS the Diesel?

ManchuWarrior

Reaction score
waiting until my truck at least has a BS/WS or at least gets into D1 before I sell my 21. Still need my truck to take my toys out and don't want to sell it if the build is gonna be pushed back till the end of the year.
Oh yeah I hear ya. I have toys as well. When I sold my Tacoma I got almost what I paid for it when it was new in 2016. I couldn't turn it down. Wife and I both decided to suck it up for a few months. We just drive our atvs in the neighborhood to keeps things in check and I manually rotate my trailers tires. Sucks, but it will be worth the wait.

Last edited:

RebelChefTobz

Reaction score
I
Found 286 Window Stickers tonight. None of them were forum members.
If it takes even half as long for me to get my WS on this one, as it did with the stolen and wrecked truck order....... I'm going to need therapy or something. 😆

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, @triple_B and @Eighty, what’s the longest time we’ve seen between BS and WS?

I think I saw someone say 19 days?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For member builds, @Nolesfan0525 holds the record at 95 days from BS to WS. But there's a TRX forum member who got his BS 143 days ago, and is still waiting for a WS.

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, @triple_B and @Eighty, what’s the longest time we’ve seen between BS and WS?

I think I saw someone say 19 days?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For member builds, @Nolesfan0525 holds the record at 95 days from BS to WS. But there's a TRX forum member who got his BS 143 days ago, and is still waiting for a WS.
If we include all trucks and not just forum members, the longest BS to WS record is 163 days. There are 7 trucks that have been waiting even longer, however what I cant tell is if they have been scrapped before getting their window stickers so they may never get one at this point. Current longest is 242 days and still waiting.

Users who are viewing this thread