5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

jgc650i

Reaction score
I'm a few weeks from delivery of my new 2022 replacing my 2019 and very happy with it. Wanted to add my own thanks as others have done to @triple_B and @Eighty for all your knowledge, efforts, and shared info. . . you guys are awesome!! I also have a Wrangler 392 on order and belong to another forum for that. I've been sharing the tracking, BS, and WS processes with some folks on that forum. I've credited both of you for all of it, so please consider this further appreciation of you both from the Jeep forum folks by proxy.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
We all thank you for your efforts. I didn't see it, how are folks able to be a site supporter?
@triple_B isn’t a staff member of this site, fwiw. I still encourage being a site supporter though. To do that, go to your account settings (“Your Account”) and select “Upgrades”.

For anyone who wants to donate to @triple_B’s beer fund, here’s a link to do so.

Thread 'Donation option at the request of many.'
Donation option at the request of many.

Disclaimer: I’m a moderator of this forum, but I don’t earn any money whatsoever from this site. So I’m not “pitching” donations for any personal gain.

ManchuWarrior

Reaction score

Alonzochula

Reaction score

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well I have officially joined the club of higher VINs are now getting their trucks built quicker. I shall laugh and cry. 🤣

Congrats all!
Anytime I see a big horn with a higher vin that is already built I try to see what options they have to compare. Only seen a few so far but none of them have the same options. Still makes you wonder the build process. Oh well.

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s gonna be awesome. Now they just need to add auto text updates.
What mobile service do you use, all of them that I am aware of have email gateway to SMS. So you can just give your dealer that email address and you will get them via texts instead of emails if that works better for you.

for example,
Verizon: [yournumber]@vtext.com
ATT: [yournumber]@txt.att.net
TMobile: [yournumber]@tmomail.net

[yournumber] is your 10 digit number with no dashes

Not knowing exactly what the emails will look like or how they will be formatted some things dont translate well from email to Text if there are images or special fonts etc.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Check this out. Interesting if true.

You would think ram would’ve already figured out that customers would like a better understanding of their order process along time ago, and a more better way to track their orders. With as much technology that is out there, they should’ve already had something set in place where customers can get a detailed description of their order at any given time.

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What mobile service do you use, all of them that I am aware of have email gateway to SMS. So you can just give your dealer that email address and you will get them via texts instead of emails if that works better for you.

for example,
Verizon: [yournumber]@vtext.com
ATT: [yournumber]@txt.att.net
TMobile: [yournumber]@tmomail.net

[yournumber] is your 10 digit number with no dashes

Not knowing exactly what the emails will look like or how they will be formatted some things dont translate well from email to Text if there are images or special fonts etc.

Doesn't everyone have the ability to get email on their phone ?
And with that, the ability to have an alert when new email arrives ?

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Check this out. Interesting if true.

Not sure if it's part of what this guy is claiming, but I ordered on Wednesday and received an email yesterday from RAM saying my order was received, and I'd receive another email when it's scheduled to be built.

I hit D status/VIN on Thursday though. Not sure if the emails are delayed, or if I need to wait for D1 for the next email.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone know if there are any parts in particular that could hold up a build right now?
I don't think there is a logical explanation as to the hold up of any build right now. I think its probably a cluster fk at the factory. At the same time, big horn's seem to be at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to builds. Just have to be patient.

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score
Anyone know if there are any parts in particular that could hold up a build right now?
Latest I heard on a forum Group which has been right so far they said as of now 5/1-5/8 they are short on ram boxes again and pano sunroofs. Also for the last 2-3 weeks they are OUT and can’t get the standard limited 20” wheels and the night package big horn wheels. Not sure when either of those will be back in their stock to use again. It said something like daily basis on the wheels. They get some and use them and then are out again. Sounds like limiteds are getting longhorn wheels or are delayed and bighorns are getting raw aluminum wheels not black.

Tdmva21

Reaction score
Latest I heard on a forum Group which has been right so far they said as of now 5/1-5/8 they are short on ram boxes again and pano sunroofs. Also for the last 2-3 weeks they are OUT and can’t get the standard limited 20” wheels and the night package big horn wheels. Not sure when either of those will be back in their stock to use again. It said something like daily basis on the wheels. They get some and use them and then are out again. Sounds like limiteds are getting longhorn wheels or are delayed and bighorns are getting raw aluminum wheels not black.
Hope it’s hearsay as my Limited Longhorn has the pano sunroof…..

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I hope that is not the case. I do not want the raw aluminum 20 inch wheels.

Akerwin10

Reaction score
I don't think there is a logical explanation as to the hold up of any build right now. I think its probably a cluster fk at the factory. At the same time, big horn's seem to be at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to builds. Just have to be patient.
Yeah I try to compare different people's build sheets that are recently posted and I don't notice much of a trend aside from limited and Laramie seems to be prioritized first. I'm being patient though... Well this is me being patient anyways. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread