5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Just got the call from MD that my truck arrived! Super excited! MD is offering to do the ceramic coating for $750. Worth it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
this is who did mine took a week because of so many coatings and has a lifetime guarantee. offices nationwide.

sbaldocchi

Reaction score
Just another update from the Ram Chat on the ETA for people who are in the shipping stage:

Ram chat said the system they use for ETA's are down and to check back again on Monday. Anyone else who received the "shipping stage but no dealer ETA," get an actual ETA when trying Ram Chat again?
Jumped on with Ram Chat yesterday while watching everyone talking about an update. Was told 5/4 - 5/17. Dealer isn’t sure but says that would be a month since shipment and sounds about right.

brewdad

Reaction score
My two closest Ram dealers had no information on when ordering would open up for the 2023 models. Since few, if any, changes will be made until September 2023 for the mid-cycle refresh 2024 Ram, yesterday I decided to order a 2022 Ram Limited. The dealer 5 miles away would not budge from full MSRP, but the dealer 35 miles away offered one thousand over dealer invoice and my one thousand dollar incentive code I printed back in March was good until Jan 2023 plus five hundred for retired Army and five hundred national incentive for Limited trim. After all incentives, my Limited total was a thousand dollars under dealer invoice. I know, I could have ordered from one of the large out of state discount dealers for less, but in my area one is treated better at the service department if the vehicle was bought at that dealership. I had considered a Rebel, but as of 1400 yesterday only the eTorque Hemi could be ordered on the dealer system. I know many of you folks like the eTorque system, but I changed over to the Limited to get the standard Hemi. I do not know how to add the details of my order to my name; could someone help me out with that?

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know, I could have ordered from one of the large out of state discount dealers for less, but in my area one is treated better at the service department if the vehicle was bought at that dealership.
Where did you get that info from? You should be more concerned about saving thousands vs how any dealer will treat you. For all you know, dealer will still treat you like crap even if you buy from them. I work at the dealer, it doesn't matter where you bought the car from, every customer is treated the same. Service advisers rely on their CSI for pay and bonuses so most will bend over backwards and try and kiss your a$$ for a good survey. They don't care if you bought the car from the dealer. And for all you know, you may never need to go to the dealer for any work until yrs later, by then, they won't even remember who you were.

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score
My two closest Ram dealers had no information on when ordering would open up for the 2023 models. Since few, if any, changes will be made until September 2023 for the mid-cycle refresh 2024 Ram, yesterday I decided to order a 2022 Ram Limited. The dealer 5 miles away would not budge from full MSRP, but the dealer 35 miles away offered one thousand over dealer invoice and my one thousand dollar incentive code I printed back in March was good until Jan 2023 plus five hundred for retired Army and five hundred national incentive for Limited trim. After all incentives, my Limited total was a thousand dollars under dealer invoice. I know, I could have ordered from one of the large out of state discount dealers for less, but in my area one is treated better at the service department if the vehicle was bought at that dealership. I had considered a Rebel, but as of 1400 yesterday only the eTorque Hemi could be ordered on the dealer system. I know many of you folks like the eTorque system, but I changed over to the Limited to get the standard Hemi. I do not know how to add the details of my order to my name; could someone help me out with that?
You should really think about traveling to get one. MD/Granger/Koons are all 4-5% below invoice. Which is 8000-11000 off msrp on a 70000-80000 limited. The dealer near me treats me great compared to my last dealer 200 miles from me. A big dealer is usually pretty good to people as they know how hard it is to get a truck right now.

For your signature: Click your picture/name at top of page, then it says signature. Click that and enter stuff you want and hit save.

truckless

Reaction score
Not sure why you’re saying the wait is agonizing when you have people that placed their order months before you and their truck still hasn’t even started the build yet, yet you got your build sheet less then a month after ordering. You should be happy yours is moving along quickly. The people that have been waiting months and haven’t even seen a build sheet yet are the ones that should be anxious. I can only imagine how those people feel watching others that placed orders months after they did and their trucks are already being built

I waited five whole months just to get my god damned VIN let alone a build sheet. I would hate to have to serve these people in a busy restaurant or something LOL

rtpassini

Reaction score
You should really think about traveling to get one. MD/Granger/Koons are all 4-5% below invoice. Which is 8000-11000 off msrp on a 70000-80000 limited. The dealer near me treats me great compared to my last dealer 200 miles from me. A big dealer is usually pretty good to people as they know how hard it is to get a truck right now.

For your signature: Click your picture/name at top of page, then it says signature. Click that and enter stuff you want and hit save.
I compared Mark dodge before order my limited. Price was only 1500 different from my dealer. It was 10k below msrp. The trick is they have a financing incentive. But then I also had to factor in the 1500 in shipping or damn near the same amount to drive down and pick it up. Didn't make since for me. Plus I get free oil changes for life when I get it through my local dealer.

rtpassini

Reaction score
Where did you get that info from? You should be more concerned about saving thousands vs how any dealer will treat you. For all you know, dealer will still treat you like crap even if you buy from them. I work at the dealer, it doesn't matter where you bought the car from, every customer is treated the same. Service advisers rely on their CSI for pay and bonuses so most will bend over backwards and try and kiss your a$$ for a good survey. They don't care if you bought the car from the dealer. And for all you know, you may never need to go to the dealer for any work until yrs later, by then, they won't even remember who you were.
I agree with buying local. As a former service writer, we go out of our way for loyals. And in my case, free oil changes for life when bought through them. Even diesels. While they may be nice, there's more perks to working with your local and having a long standing relationship.

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score
I compared Mark dodge before order my limited. Price was only 1500 different from my dealer. It was 10k below msrp. The trick is they have a financing incentive. But then I also had to factor in the 1500 in shipping or damn near the same amount to drive down and pick it up. Didn't make since for me. Plus I get free oil changes for life when I get it through my local dealer.
Not sure what dealer you bought from but 99% don’t offer 10000 off msrp. I would say yours is a rare case lol. The dealers around me at full msrp or 1000 off msrp. I got 10400 off msrp going through granger. Most people who went through these dealers did so because we don’t have a dealer like your explaining near us. Otherwise we would of went local.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Not sure what dealer you bought from but 99% don’t offer 10000 off msrp. I would say yours is a rare case lol. The dealers around me at full msrp or 1000 off msrp. I got 10400 off msrp going through granger. Most people who went through these dealers did so because we don’t have a dealer like your explaining near us. Otherwise we would of went local.
I went local for the same reason.
service is much better when dealing with a dealer you purchased from.
and I have been getting my CDJR serviced there for almost 30 years.

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score
I went local for the same reason.
service is much better when dealing with a dealer you purchased from.
and I have been getting my CDJR serviced there for almost 30 years.
I guess maybe state to state is different. I have a great relationship with my local dodge dealer for oil changes etc and I’ve never bought a truck from them. They are full msrp so no thanks haha.. as long as everyone gets a good deal I say for for whatever is cheaper or easier lol

rtpassini

Reaction score
I guess maybe state to state is different. I have a great relationship with my local dodge dealer for oil changes etc and I’ve never bought a truck from them. They are full msrp so no thanks haha.. as long as everyone gets a good deal I say for for whatever is cheaper or easier lol
Mark dodge was 10k below. From my local dealer, My limited msrp is 80300 or so. It'll be 72500 before incentives.

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@triple_B , Were there any WS issues last night? I didn’t see an update.
No, there were none across any of the 6 plants I am tracking currently so its likely just a server issue because the chances of no vehicles leaving any factory yesterday seems EXTREMELY unlikely.

I continued to rescan until I fell asleep and didnt end up making a post.

Just G in the Lou

Reaction score
The rebate line told me 0% for 72 was over as of May 3. Finished
When you order you get to choose the incentives at the time of your order or the ones available when you pick it up. That includes special financing but 0% for 72 in March was a stand alone incentive. Meaning you get it OR the $1000 rebate not both.
It doesn't mean you don't get ANY other rebates just the ones related to financing.
Right now my area gets 0% for 60 and a rebate.
It's a complicated mess to figure out but if you're not careful your whole "discount" might be in rebates.
There's actually a calculator out there somewhere to tell you if you're better off using the special financing or the rebates.

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score
Mark dodge was 10k below. From my local dealer, My limited msrp is 80300 or so. It'll be 72500 before incentives.
Nice. Just to be clear I wasn’t saying I didn’t believe you or saying other dealers don’t discount. I was just saying most of us have to travel far because our dealers suck lol.. hopefully your new truck comes in soon. Mine should be here in a couple weeks hopefully. Can’t wait.

ManchuWarrior

Reaction score
No, there were none across any of the 6 plants I am tracking currently so its likely just a server issue because the chances of no vehicles leaving any factory yesterday seems EXTREMELY unlikely.

I continued to rescan until I fell asleep and didnt end up making a post.
We all thank you for your efforts. I didn't see it, how are folks able to be a site supporter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/