5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score
Damn BS and WS in the same day. Now hopefully the shipping goes quickly. Does anyone know if one of the packages included the air suspension because it's on my build sheet but not on the window sheet.
Air suspension is only available if you add that option itself ($1805.) You also need Laramie level I ($2095) or level II ($3895) though so air suspension on a Laramie is actually around $3800-$5600.. so if you didn’t want it make sure you didn’t pay for it.

Reaction score
Air suspension is only available if you add that option itself ($1805.) You also need Laramie level I ($2095) or level II ($3895) though so air suspension on a Laramie is actually around $3800-$5600.. so if you didn’t want it make sure you didn’t pay for it.
I definitely didn't pay for it and I am locked in on price with the deal but I definitely wanted it. I double checked the POC and it was not on there. I was told I couldn't add it when I ordered because they weren't allowing it at the time of order. I guess it's a win for me

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score
I definitely didn't pay for it and I am locked in on price with the deal but I definitely wanted it. I double checked the POC and it was not on there. I was told I couldn't add it when I ordered because they weren't allowing it at the time of order. I guess it's a win for me
Nice. Hopefully if works out for you. That’s a nice freebie lol

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Guessing chip shortage is affecting those added options keeping it out of the schedule for now.
Only been 6 weeks so I’m not getting impatient yet. My dealer said 4-6 months so didn’t expect to see till at least August anyway. Anything sooner will be a pleasant surprise.
I don't by that chip shortage nonsense when I see trucks just getting ordered and built yet others have been sitting idle for months, some since last year. I have seen some that ordered after me and there trucks are almost done being built, yet trucks that were ordered at the beginning of 2022 still haven't even started yet. most have the same features minus a few options. Seem more of a **** show at the factory.

truckyou

Reaction score
I don't by that chip shortage nonsense when I see trucks just getting ordered and built yet others have been sitting idle for months, some since last year. I have seen some that ordered after me and there trucks are almost done being built, yet trucks that were ordered at the beginning of 2022 still haven't even started yet. most have the same features minus a few options. Seem more of a **** show at the factory.

Ram had a stockpile of chips. They were uniquely insulated from the shortage.

Didn't stop them from manipulating the market and jacking up prices though

PatrickLeedleLee

Reaction score
I might be out if the loop. But now that I have a WS, if the dealer tracker is still down, is there a way to figure what’s going on between now and the truck arriving? Does Ram chat (albeit it not detailed) have any insight?

GunSm0ke

Reaction score
After 10 weeks of waiting, I discovered that my Longhorn order was deleted by RAM without notifying me or my dealer. They owned up to the problem after I pushed the issue and have supposedly agreed to expedite my new order. If I didn't have the confirmation email from FCA, there would have been no evidence that it was even ordered. I have no confidence in the process, so I'm not holding my breath. It's currently in "D" status, but I've seen builds sit there for months. Needless to say, I am very disappointed. This apparently happened to another customer as well. It looks as though the two tone paint option was no longer available after my order was accepted and that prompted the cancellation. Just posting this in case someone else is in the same situation.

truckyou

Reaction score
in reference to what?
need more context
It's now listed on Big Horn Level 2 Equipment group when I build the same truck I ordered, but I am quite certain that was not there when I ordered truck with that equipment group

GunSm0ke

Reaction score
You never asked your dealer for a VIN? Or did they at least give you the POC to confirm what you were ordering was correct?
Yes, I had a copy of the POC. The order was accepted and I received a confirmation email and VIN from FCA. All was good until it wasn't.

jives

Reaction score
Picked up my truck yesterday! Love it! Pics and such here so as not to overly pollute this thread with non-order stuff. Thanks to @Eighty and @triple_B for all the help tracking and such!!

Gillytickle

Reaction score
I haven't gotten an email from Stellantis, I ordered on the 16th and dealer gave me a VIN earlier this week.

22GTRebel

Reaction score
I'm one month today from when I ordered a Backcountry Quad Cab. I hoped it would be in D1 by now. I'm still worried it will show up without step ba
Picked up my truck yesterday! Love it! Pics and such here so as not to overly pollute this thread with non-order stuff. Thanks to @Eighty and @triple_B for all the help tracking and such!!

So how long did you wait from order to delivery? Good looking truck!

Users who are viewing this thread