5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
All of that makes sense, theoretically. But it doesn't excuse them for building a truck that was ordered 3 weeks ago, when they're ignoring a virtually identical truck that was ordered 6 months ago. That's what gets most people so upset.
That’s the part that baffles me. Been noticing that trend and it makes no sense other than just very poor scheduling. Not uncommon in large manufacturing. The stuff I see daily where I work just makes me shake my head.

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score
Just got an email from The dealer and I’m in F (Paint)!!!! Soo excited hopefully the BS posts tomorrow or Monday as mine is 4/29. Either way excited to see it is atleast starting to get built.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Why won't ram chat tell you the status code that your truck is in? They will only give you a vague description on the status. They also want you name, email address, phone number just to give you that vague description.

22GTRebel

Reaction score
Ordered 4/15, went to D on 4/18. Dealer just texted saying I was now D1 but unsure of build date. I thought D1 automatically came with a tentative date?

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score
Why won't ram chat tell you the status code that your truck is in? They will only give you a vague description on the status. They also want you name, email address, phone number just to give you that vague description.
Try again, some of the ram chat people are lazy is what it is. I’ve had to try 2-3 times sometimes by exiting and waiting a minute and goin in again and getting a new person. They know the status and will tell you. Just gotta get the right person. It’s easier to ask your dealer though. Good dealers should be able to tell you right away.

OutdoorsmanBackcountry

Reaction score
That’s the part that baffles me. Been noticing that trend and it makes no sense other than just very poor scheduling. Not uncommon in large manufacturing. The stuff I see daily where I work just makes me shake my head.

It could be due to a plethora of things, none of which they should be willing to explain because it definitely wouldn't make matters any better. Here are some possibilities:

-One is to a dealer who happened to have a nearly full carrier of trucks goin to their lot that week.
- It simply is the fact that they are not exactly identical and its the one part that's different which is the problem.
-One of them is in a region that needed just a few more trucks to squeeze out their sales goal for that month so they prioritized.
-One truck has a new product that management is pushing to hit a quota on.
- One is to a dealer whose last 5 direct customer orders got delayed so they decided to do them a solid.
-What if they ordered too many parts to make bed utility groups because they thought they were going to sell more of those than they did. So to get this stock down (which frees up cash flow) they have decided to prioritize orders with bed utility group.

Not saying that these are the types of things that happen or that if they do they are justified. But not explaining their production scheduling process to their customers is very justified. The people calling the shots on these production schedules probably have decades of experience and make lots of American dollars to do it. I am the opposite as most of you- I'm pretty impressed they have been able to keep it somewhat together and deliver this many trucks in this supply chain environment. If I thought it was due to incompetence I wouldn't order a truck from them. That doesn't mean it's not partially due to incompetence , which is rampant in large businesses. But some other automanufactures simply wont even give an ESD or anything of the sort. In fact every other truck manufacturer had a larger decrease in sales in 2021 than RAM, likely 100% due to supply chain constraints.

Last edited:

PatrickLeedleLee

Reaction score
Try again, some of the ram chat people are lazy is what it is. I’ve had to try 2-3 times sometimes by exiting and waiting a minute and goin in again and getting a new person. They know the status and will tell you. Just gotta get the right person. It’s easier to ask your dealer though. Good dealers should be able to tell you right away.

My understanding is that Ram chat can't see the codes. Not a big deal though because generally you can figure out the code from the description they give.

mophead

Reaction score
It could be due to a plethora of things, none of which they should be willing to explain because it definitely wouldn't make matters any better. Here are some possibilities:
Somebody pushed the wrong button.
Somebody didn't push the button.
Somebody pushed enter without entering any data.
Somebody didn't come to work.
Somebody came to work and pissed everyone off.

Most likely, someone didn't fill the foam cup holder molds all the way to the top.

Reaction score
Just spoke to my dealer, ordered 3/5 and after original ESD of 4/20 then 22 now the 27th my truck is in paint today. So maybe by memorial day the dealer in NC will have my truck ready.

OutdoorsmanBackcountry

Reaction score
Somebody pushed the wrong button.
Somebody didn't push the button.
Somebody pushed enter without entering any data.
Somebody didn't come to work.
Somebody came to work and pissed everyone off.

Most likely, someone didn't fill the foam cup holder molds all the way to the top.

The mold machine at their foam cupholder supplier wasn't making the foam cupholders right, it was making them too big. They tried to fix the foam cupholder machine and it made them too small. They finally got it right and they ran out of foam because their supply chain assistant ordered foam based on updated usages which included the weeks when the machine went down. So they fired their supply chain assistant. But Ram didn't like this excuse so they decided to get foam cupholders from a different supplier, which was great for two months and then boom... they couldn't keep up with demand because GM caught wind of Rams awesome new foam cupholder supplier and paid more to take all their foam cups. SAD

Users who are viewing this thread