5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

SunnyS

Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback! I took delivery of the truck today. Dealership already had the wheel issue resolved with RAM before I even arrived this morning. Basically, RAM is shipping a new set of Black 20 inch wheels and tires to replace the ones that came on my truck. No expense to me, I am happy with the customer service from my dealership. RAM told the dealership the same information that Triple_B had found out, that around 30 trucks had been built this way and RAM was already aware and will resolve the issue for those trucks.

Funny side note..... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: truck only came with the drivers side foamy cup holder....LOL. So they are ordering me one for my passenger door.
Fantastic outcome to your issue. There is hope for Ram after all

scroggbi

Reaction score
Always nice to hear the positive interactions with dealerships since the majority of posts online are just to vent about the negatives.

Congratulations on taking delivery! Now where's the pics!

As requested, here are the pics after getting the truck home.

1650122403679.png

Could not stand the painted 18s LOL, so here is a pic this morning after 1st mod. New wheels and tires, 20x9 +1 offset Fuel Blitz and 285/60/20 Nitto Recon Grapplers.

1650122492622.png

Yankee Echo

Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback! I took delivery of the truck today. Dealership already had the wheel issue resolved with RAM before I even arrived this morning. Basically, RAM is shipping a new set of Black 20 inch wheels and tires to replace the ones that came on my truck. No expense to me, I am happy with the customer service from my dealership. RAM told the dealership the same information that Triple_B had found out, that around 30 trucks had been built this way and RAM was already aware and will resolve the issue for those trucks.

Funny side note..... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: truck only came with the drivers side foamy cup holder....LOL. So they are ordering me one for my passenger door.
That's great news! Pictures are due when the new shoes are installed.

I wonder what's going to happen to the wheels/tires it was shipped with?

scroggbi

Reaction score
That's great news! Pictures are due when the new shoes are installed.

I wonder what's going to happen to the wheels/tires it was shipped with?

RAM wants the wheels returned to them once the correct wheels/tires are received at the dealership.

MartyIA

Reaction score
Truck has been in awaiting shipping status for a little over a week. Checked with dealer on yesterday and they still didn’t show an eta. Checked with ram chat and they said still showed awaiting shipping and to check back in a week or two. Just got a call from the dealer and it just got delivered today. Picking up Monday.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Truck has been in awaiting shipping status for a little over a week. Checked with dealer on yesterday and they still didn’t show an eta. Checked with ram chat and they said still showed awaiting shipping and to check back in a week or two. Just got a call from the dealer and it just got delivered today. Picking up Monday.
when you checked with the dealer yesterday did you get a copy of the dealer connect report?
cause if you did you would not have been surprised when it showed up today
now that it has arrived and with you not picking it up until monday this gives them time to install the tracker a lot of dealers are installing
so make sure you look for it and have it removed.

MartyIA

Reaction score
when you checked with the dealer yesterday did you get a copy of the dealer connect report?
cause if you did you would not have been surprised when it showed up today
now that it has arrived and with you not picking it up until monday this gives them time to install the tracker a lot of dealers are installing
so make sure you look for it and have it removed.
Didn’t ask for anything but an update and they said they didn’t see a shipping date yet. What is this tracker? Not going to like that.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Didn’t ask for anything but an update and they said they didn’t see a shipping date yet. What is this tracker? Not going to like that.
there is a bunch of threads on the subject here is one

RebelChefTobz

Reaction score
there is a bunch of threads on the subject here is one
I'm going to need to be reminded to get this thing off if/when my truck ever decides to come. Lol

MO Rebel

Reaction score
Just went and checked my truck (picked up from dealer 4/6). No such device installed. When I picked up my truck, the dealer mentioned that I needed to download the Ram app and enroll in Ram Connect. I told them no thanks. I don’t want anyone tracking me. Since then, I’ve received three emails telling me that I haven’t enrolled in their connected services. I kindly replied to the last email to f**k off and quit emailing me. I don’t want your connected services and I sure as hell don’t want you tracking me. I figured it was probably an unmonitored email, but since then, I haven’t received another email.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Just went and checked my truck (picked up from dealer 4/6). No such device installed. When I picked up my truck, the dealer mentioned that I needed to download the Ram app and enroll in Ram Connect. I told them no thanks. I don’t want anyone tracking me. Since then, I’ve received three emails telling me that I haven’t enrolled in their connected services. I kindly replied to the last email to f**k off and quit emailing me. I don’t want your connected services and I sure as hell don’t want you tracking me. I figured it was probably an unmonitored email, but since then, I haven’t received another email.
nice to see they did not install any thing additional

they are tracking you anyway
the app just shows what they can see
you can also see the same info on the computer @ connect.ramtrucks.com

plus if your phone data is on you are being tracked

Matrixband

Reaction score
I feel I have been remiss that I have not posted in the two weeks that I purchased my Ram. I have been so involved with getting a tag, insurance, and figuring out the settings (there are many). So, I LOVE this truck. It is a Ram 1500 10th Anniversary Limited with Patriot Blue exterior and the Sea Salt, Indigo interior. The interior is so much better (to my liking) than the Indigo/Frost of the previous limiteds. It is different, grayer, but that seems to match better. The only complaint is the MFT which wobbles a bit on opening, something is not right, and they are looking at it for a solution. I didn't notice it at the time of delivery. One favorite thing is the 33 gallon fuel tank. I can go a long time without filling up. It rides like a dream, though a slightly large rolling without much turning-radius dream. I am a bit Intimidated to go through certain drive-through lanes in this. The exterior Patriot Blue is very sharp, especially in the sun. The iPad like Uconnect is a bit much and I wish there were more buttons and less screen. There is not much of a finger rest to punch the screen with stability. The bottom line, this truck is fantastic and worth the long wait. The original order was a Longhorn in May 2021, then switched to the 10th-anniversary edition in October 2021. At dealer and purchased three weeks ago.

Attachments

• IMG_3617.jpeg
    IMG_3617.jpeg
    103.2 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_3610.jpeg
    IMG_3610.jpeg
    176.7 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_3632.jpeg
    IMG_3632.jpeg
    229.9 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

jlrozzi

Reaction score
nice to see they did not install any thing additional

they are tracking you anyway
the app just shows what they can see
you can also see the same info on the computer @ connect.ramtrucks.com

plus if your phone data is on you are being tracked

You are being tracked if your phone even comes within range of wifi you don’t even have to connect still leaves a foot print. It’s called geofencing. Don’t even need to have data on anymore. I just solved a burglary case with it at work. Quite handy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freebie2

Reaction score
Hi all, Does anyone know if the factory is doing fleet cars yet. Still waiting 15 months later and still saying ordered. Giving us the sh….

Users who are viewing this thread