5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

rtpassini

Reaction score
Found 1944 Window Stickers tonight. 4 more forum members with trucks on the way! Congratulations to @rtpassini, @gbscheffer, @Rock Crawler, @cheneyb

VINBSWSBStoWSSTATECOLORSERIES
201094 @rtpassiniXX
1​
WisconsinPatriotLaramie
307173 @gbschefferXX
5​
LouisianaDelmonicoLaramie
308269 @Rock CrawlerXX
2​
LouisianaGraniteLaramie
319318 @cheneybXX
2​
WisconsinBlackBig Horn / Lonestar

That is interesting that mine shows no charge for the air suspension. When I ordered, I was charged for it. haha.

SunnyS

Reaction score
Great point! Unfortunately, I was never notified of any substitute or unavailable options with my order through the build process. We'll see what happens at the dealership this morning when I try to take delivery of the truck.
silver wheels on a night edition like mentioned before is just so wrong. Another grand off might ease the pain somewhat

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
silver wheels on a night edition like mentioned before is just so wrong. Another grand off might ease the pain somewhat
I’d want more than that. Try to buy those four wheels and tires individually, I guarantee it’s more than the cost of the night edition package itself.

scroggbi

Reaction score
My truck arrived at the dealership today. 62 days order to dealer (not a bad turnaround in my opinion), 24 days BS to dealer, and 23 days WS to dealer.

Now, here is the issue with my truck order. I noticed on the BS (3/21/2022) that the truck was built with 18x8 painted wheels (stock OEM laramie wheels) and 275/65/18 Falken OWL Offroad tires (see pic). The truck was ordered with the Night Edition and Off Road Group which should have came with 20x9 BLACK wheels and 275/55/20 Falken OWL Offroad tires, verified when building the truck on the RAM site. Triple_B looked into the data for all the 2022 Laramie builds with night edition and off road group and found a small number of trucks came with 18 inch wheels, somewhere around 30 trucks lately. Not sure if this is a mistake at the plant or a wheel shortage for the black 20s.

I plan to take delivery of the truck tomorrow, but not sure what direction to take on the wheel issue with my dealership here in MO, or even what options are available to me as the customer. The dealership has been awesome to deal with through the truck ordering process and they have outstanding customer service ratings.

All other options I ordered have been verified to be on the truck. I do plan to put aftermarket Fuel wheels and Nitto tires on the truck within the next week and had planned to sell the OEM wheels and tires. Unfortunately, there is a resale value difference between the stock 18s and black 20s. I am wondering if the dealer will just order me the correct 20 inch black wheels or if RAM will just credit some money towards my purchase price. We'll see how this all works out.

Thanks for all the feedback! I took delivery of the truck today. Dealership already had the wheel issue resolved with RAM before I even arrived this morning. Basically, RAM is shipping a new set of Black 20 inch wheels and tires to replace the ones that came on my truck. No expense to me, I am happy with the customer service from my dealership. RAM told the dealership the same information that Triple_B had found out, that around 30 trucks had been built this way and RAM was already aware and will resolve the issue for those trucks.

Funny side note..... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: truck only came with the drivers side foamy cup holder....LOL. So they are ordering me one for my passenger door.

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback! I took delivery of the truck today. Dealership already had the wheel issue resolved with RAM before I even arrived this morning. Basically, RAM is shipping a new set of Black 20 inch wheels and tires to replace the ones that came on my truck. No expense to me, I am happy with the customer service from my dealership. RAM told the dealership the same information that Triple_B had found out, that around 30 trucks had been built this way and RAM was already aware and will resolve the issue for those trucks.

Funny side note..... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: truck only came with the drivers side foamy cup holder....LOL. So they are ordering me one for my passenger door.
Always nice to hear the positive interactions with dealerships since the majority of posts online are just to vent about the negatives.

Congratulations on taking delivery! Now where's the pics!

mophead

Reaction score

It turns out before they are stealing the TRX's they are going through all the other unlocked Rams and stealing the foam cup holders. They're getting $7k for the truck and then selling a couple hundred cup holders @ $25 a pop on EBay. Anyways that what @Eighty kinda sorta said, sorta kinda...:cool:

As Triple_B said glad to hear some good news and pictures or it didn't happen. Congrats!

mophead

Reaction score
Why are the foam cup holders such a hot commodity?
I'm sure many people use and like them, evidently wives in particular. Guess it's supposed to keep bottles from rattling around in the door pocket. I never used it, so I repurposed it to hold my Makita impact in the top of my toolbox.

It also seems many have been shorted, either one or both of them. I only got one with my 2012. So it also seems to be an ongoing thingy too.

Last edited:

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm sure many people use and like them. Guess it's supposed to keep bottles from rattling around in the door pocket. I never used it, so I repurposed it to hold my Makita impact in the top of my toolbox.

They are nice to have all around the truck for longer road trips. Otherwise my drivers door one works perfect for holding my binoculars, very easy to grab them from there when I want them.

RebelChefTobz

Reaction score
I want my truck! 😭😭😭
I can heavily relate.....especially after the minor fiasco mines been through. In honestly struggling to believe that I'll ever see either of the ones I ordered. 😕

But at least my wife's car will be here in the next 2-3 weeks. Maybe she'll let me play with that a bit until my truck comes.. 🤔🤫😁🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

gator6

Reaction score

Wondering now about how many cup holders I’ll see on Tuesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Why are the foam cup holders such a hot commodity?
Stellantis has been blaming many of the production delays on chip shortages, but in reality it has been a scarcity of foam cup holders. So all of this conversation stems around the fact that we know what’s really going on at the factory.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I don’t want no stinkin’ foam cup holders. Just give me my damn truck. 😁

sbaldocchi

Reaction score
Found 150 Window Stickers tonight. 2 more forum members with trucks on the way! Congratulations to @sbaldocchi, @QuasiSwell21

VINBSWSBStoWSSTATECOLORSERIES
315901 @sbaldocchiXX
21​
KentuckyGraniteRebel
317866 @QuasiSwell21XX
4​
North CarolinaGraniteBig Horn / Lonestar
Thanks triple_B! Feels like it’s taken forever. Dealer contacted me this afternoon to let me know it is in transit but would probably be a month. They are a Kentucky dealer but their rail yard drop is in Nashville Tn.

Users who are viewing this thread