5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

jlrozzi

Reaction score
How do you go about "talking to cassens"

Went to the contact tab on their website and emailed them in the questions category. Thought I might be being too pushy or nosey but they were actually very helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jgc650i

Reaction score
THE. WAIT. IS. OVER.

My new truck arrived at the dealer yesterday afternoon and I picked it up this morning. Here's a quick pic taken hastily as it was starting to rain when I brought her home. . .

IMG_0287.jpeg

Looking forward to this weekend when I'll be installing the majority of this pile of mods I've been collecting during the wait. She goes in for a full CQuartz Finest Reserve ceramic coating the week of the 25th and then I'll put on the last of the mods. I'll post pics in the "what did you do to your Ram" thread when the mods are on.

IMG_0289.jpeg

Will be nice to reclaim the garage space!

jgc650i

Reaction score
I also had a missing item from my build, albeit easy to remedy. I ordered the Trailer Surround Camera System and it does show up on my build sheet and window sticker. The camera and control module kit for it were nowhere to be seen in the truck. The dealer knew very little about this new option and thought maybe it included the truck prep for it and not the actual kit. I explained it to them and showed them in the owner’s manual where it specifically says the kit should come with it. They agreed with no fuss and gave me a due bill for the missing kit they’ll order for me. They said it’s highly likely it was stolen out of the truck in transit. They said that happens more frequently then you’d think for options that come with separate part boxes stowed in the vehicle during transit.

GoTide

Reaction score
What was the screw up?
We ordered a 33-gallon tank on the first one and it was built with a 26. That was all. It gave us an opp to make changes that we needed based on updates with my business. So we combined leverage with need and re-ordered. They promised us a swift push through. So far it seems that will be the case. We shall see.

scroggbi

Reaction score
My truck arrived at the dealership today. 62 days order to dealer (not a bad turnaround in my opinion), 24 days BS to dealer, and 23 days WS to dealer.

Now, here is the issue with my truck order. I noticed on the BS (3/21/2022) that the truck was built with 18x8 painted wheels (stock OEM laramie wheels) and 275/65/18 Falken OWL Offroad tires (see pic). The truck was ordered with the Night Edition and Off Road Group which should have came with 20x9 BLACK wheels and 275/55/20 Falken OWL Offroad tires, verified when building the truck on the RAM site. Triple_B looked into the data for all the 2022 Laramie builds with night edition and off road group and found a small number of trucks came with 18 inch wheels, somewhere around 30 trucks lately. Not sure if this is a mistake at the plant or a wheel shortage for the black 20s.

I plan to take delivery of the truck tomorrow, but not sure what direction to take on the wheel issue with my dealership here in MO, or even what options are available to me as the customer. The dealership has been awesome to deal with through the truck ordering process and they have outstanding customer service ratings.

All other options I ordered have been verified to be on the truck. I do plan to put aftermarket Fuel wheels and Nitto tires on the truck within the next week and had planned to sell the OEM wheels and tires. Unfortunately, there is a resale value difference between the stock 18s and black 20s. I am wondering if the dealer will just order me the correct 20 inch black wheels or if RAM will just credit some money towards my purchase price. We'll see how this all works out.

Attachments

• 2022 Ram 1500.jpg
    2022 Ram 1500.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 42
  • 18 Wheel.jpg
    18 Wheel.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 41

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
My truck arrived at the dealership today. 62 days order to dealer (not a bad turnaround in my opinion), 24 days BS to dealer, and 23 days WS to dealer.

Now, here is the issue with my truck order. I noticed on the BS (3/21/2022) that the truck was built with 18x8 painted wheels (stock OEM laramie wheels) and 275/65/18 Falken OWL Offroad tires (see pic). The truck was ordered with the Night Edition and Off Road Group which should have came with 20x9 BLACK wheels and 275/55/20 Falken OWL Offroad tires, verified when building the truck on the RAM site. Triple_B looked into the data for all the 2022 Laramie builds with night edition and off road group and found a small number of trucks came with 18 inch wheels, somewhere around 30 trucks lately. Not sure if this is a mistake at the plant or a wheel shortage for the black 20s.

I plan to take delivery of the truck tomorrow, but not sure what direction to take on the wheel issue with my dealership here in MO, or even what options are available to me as the customer. The dealership has been awesome to deal with through the truck ordering process and they have outstanding customer service ratings.

All other options I ordered have been verified to be on the truck. I do plan to put aftermarket Fuel wheels and Nitto tires on the truck within the next week and had planned to sell the OEM wheels and tires. Unfortunately, there is a resale value difference between the stock 18s and black 20s. I am wondering if the dealer will just order me the correct 20 inch black wheels or if RAM will just credit some money towards my purchase price. We'll see how this all works out.
you take delivery they make you sign a "no due bill" when that happens there might be nothing you can do.
before signing ask what they will do because it probably was a part shortage that caused your issue.

Yankee Echo

Reaction score

A Night Edition with silver painted 18" wheels is just wrong. At the minimum why didn't the factory substitute wheels from the Backcountry? Still only 18" but at least painted black.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Triple_B looked into the data for all the 2022 Laramie builds with night edition and off road group and found a small number of trucks came with 18 inch wheels, somewhere around 30 trucks lately. Not sure if this is a mistake at the plant or a wheel shortage for the black 20s.

Seems like there are some weird things happening with the wrong wheels coming on trucks. I've seen a few limiteds posted here lately with longhorn rims, with the speculation being that the off road package may have triggered this. However, that still isn't right (why would selecting that option get you rims from a different trim?) and has never been the case in the past when ordering a limited with that option.

Strange to see a small amount of these trucks coming out with the wrong wheels.

Oh, and nice looking truck. Congrats!

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ha! Yes that explains it. I did get the cup holders in both front doors, but not the rear doors.

To my knowledge that are not made for the back doors. That would be nice tho. They keep everything still and quiet in those pockets.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yours looks soft

They’re a molded squishy closed cell foam insert.

I’m trying tho compare it to something people have around the house but I can’t think of anything haha. But when you get em you’re like “oh ok it’s this stuff.”

Edit: it’s actually kinda like home hot water pipe insulation. The black split foam stuff. Hahaha

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I’d be fking pissed if I received the truck with 18 inch wheels after I specifically ordered the night edition package with 20 inch wheels. Me personally I wouldn’t take the truck like that. The whole purpose of building a truck is you are building it to what you want. If there was a shortage of wheels, you should’ve been notified before hand as to make a decision if you still want the build or not. That is what I was told from Renae at MD, that the factory should’ve notified them before hand if any options will be missing or substituted.

scroggbi

Reaction score
I’d be fking pissed if I received the truck with 18 inch wheels after I specifically ordered the night edition package with 20 inch wheels. Me personally I wouldn’t take the truck like that. The whole purpose of building a truck is you are building it to what you want. If there was a shortage of wheels, you should’ve been notified before hand as to make a decision if you still want the build or not. That is what I was told from Renae at MD, that the factory should’ve notified them before hand if any options will be missing or substituted.

Great point! Unfortunately, I was never notified of any substitute or unavailable options with my order through the build process. We'll see what happens at the dealership this morning when I try to take delivery of the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread