5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

MO Rebel

Reaction score
I live in Missouri and have had limited slip and open diff. 4x4 will get you most places even with just open diff. This will be my first E-Locker, so I’ll see how it compares to limited slip. For my primary uses, I’d just have soon had limited slip, but I wanted a Rebel. I just took delivery of my truck and there is definitely a separate button for E-Lock. They are feeding you a line that it’s now incorporated automagically. Did you get the electronic shift on demand t-case? 4 auto would be a good option if you experience any wheel spin in 2wd with the open diff.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I live in Missouri and have had limited slip and open diff. 4x4 will get you most places even with just open diff. This will be my first E-Locker, so I’ll see how it compares to limited slip. For my primary uses, I’d just have soon had limited slip, but I wanted a Rebel. I just took delivery of my truck and there is definitely a separate button for E-Lock. They are feeding you a line that it’s now incorporated automagically. Did you get the electronic shift on demand t-case? 4 auto would be a good option if you experience any wheel spin in 2wd with the open diff.
Thanks MO Rebel! Good to get some local feedback. I do have an overly built Jeep with front lunchbox locker and rear LSD for extreme situations so I suppose it’s not a deal breaker. Just wanted to have it for my out of town situations for work (especially on that Highway 70) but you’re right, 4wd HI with good tires & traction control is probably more effective at highway speeds. I agree that they’re feeding a line without checking first which is stupid to talk without checking things first. I’m chalking this up to me not thoroughly reading my printout well enough. I thought FOR SURE it stated that on my paperwork but going through it again here now at the dealer and I’m not seeing it. That’s my fault. 🤦🏽‍♂️

MartyIA

Reaction score
Thanks MO Rebel! Good to get some local feedback. I do have an overly built Jeep with front lunchbox locker and rear LSD for extreme situations so I suppose it’s not a deal breaker. Just wanted to have it for my out of town situations for work (especially on that Highway 70) but you’re right, 4wd HI with good tires & traction control is probably more effective at highway speeds. I agree that they’re feeding a line without checking first which is stupid to talk without checking things first. I’m chalking this up to me not thoroughly reading my printout well enough. I thought FOR SURE it stated that on my paperwork but going through it again here now at the dealer and I’m not seeing it. That’s my fault. 🤦🏽‍♂️
Bigger issue for me would be working a dealer that lied to you about it now being automatic. I’m out.

Yankee Echo

Reaction score
For on-road driving, you'll be fine with 4WD and traction control (TCS) which includes Brake Limited Differential (BLD). BLD limits the torque to the spinning wheel by applying the brake vs. LSD which distributes some of the torque to the wheel with the most traction. However, neither BLD or LSD distribute 100% of the torque to just one wheel. The locker of course applies 100% to both.

gator6

Reaction score
@Eighty , I'm not sure who's working on the tracker, but as far as line 2914 the "State" and "Color" will be the same as line 2470... LA and Ivory

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@Eighty , I'm not sure who's working on the tracker, but as far as line 2914 the "State" and "Color" will be the same as line 2470... LA and Ivory
The color and state get filled in once the truck starts production and I pull that info directly from the build sheet. This way it is accurate to how the truck was built. This has prompted a few members to reach out to their dealers because their trucks weren't built the correct color they expected them to be.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For on-road driving, you'll be fine with 4WD and traction control (TCS) which includes Brake Limited Differential (BLD). BLD limits the torque to the spinning wheel by applying the brake vs. LSD which distributes some of the torque to the wheel with the most traction. However, neither BLD or LSD distribute 100% of the torque to just one wheel. The locker of course applies 100% to both.
Thanks, Yankee! If I need to get out of my neighborhood before the plows get here for some reason I’ll just opt for the armored Jeep instead. I still can’t believe I overlooked that myself - kicking myself for another life lesson learned the hard way.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bigger issue for me would be working a dealer that lied to you about it now being automatic. I’m out.
I agree, Marty - well, to an extent I suppose bc I still picked up the truck, just haggled a better deal out of it. My salesman didn’t know so he asked another one nearby who gave the poor excuse of an answer. I’ve never had an electronic locker before, just my non-slip lunchbox locker in the front of my old Jeep Cherokee & LSD in the rear. But I knew right off the bat that something was fishy with his answer since I know air & electronic lockers require button activation unless someone has the cable style (I plan on going with an OX cable locker eventually if I want to traverse different terrain at the parks). I think the salespeople need to take their training more seriously in order for them to be better at what they do. It would have been much better for them to simply stop, check the paperwork & confirm before spouting off a bad answer.

Yankee Echo

Reaction score
I think the salespeople need to take their training more seriously in order for them to be better at what they do. It would have been much better for them to simply stop, check the paperwork & confirm before spouting off a bad answer.
They do take their training seriously... Training on how to close a sale!

When most buyers only care about the color and what the payment will be, what incentive is there to actually be informed about the product?

gator6

Reaction score
The color and state get filled in once the truck starts production and I pull that info directly from the build sheet. This way it is accurate to how the truck was built. This has prompted a few members to reach out to their dealers because their trucks weren't built the correct color they expected them to be.

Sounds good, doesn’t really matter. It’s supposed to be the exact same build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MartyIA

Reaction score
I agree, Marty - well, to an extent I suppose bc I still picked up the truck, just haggled a better deal out of it. My salesman didn’t know so he asked another one nearby who gave the poor excuse of an answer. I’ve never had an electronic locker before, just my non-slip lunchbox locker in the front of my old Jeep Cherokee & LSD in the rear. But I knew right off the bat that something was fishy with his answer since I know air & electronic lockers require button activation unless someone has the cable style (I plan on going with an OX cable locker eventually if I want to traverse different terrain at the parks). I think the salespeople need to take their training more seriously in order for them to be better at what they do. It would have been much better for them to simply stop, check the paperwork & confirm before spouting off a bad answer.
It’s always struck as odd that I know more about the vehicles I’m buying than the sales people selling them.

MO Rebel

Reaction score
It’s always struck as odd that I know more about the vehicles I’m buying than the sales people selling them.

Unfortunately, that’s pretty common, at least for us enthusiasts. It’s not just the sales people either. When I closed on my truck Wednesday, the finance manager started going over their third party warranty. I just stopped him and showed him my Ziegler quote for MaxCare 8/125K (which he did match). He tried to sell me some additional plan that would replace up to two key fobs and some other stuff (paint coating, seat treatments, etc.). When I told him the MaxCare will replace up to three key fobs ($600 limit), he claimed he didn’t know that and would have to check up on it.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
FINALLY picked up my 2022 RAM 1500 Tenth Anniversary Edition originally ordered on June 18, 2021 at Kawaihae Port on the Big Island of Hawaii today. Plenty of User Manual to review over the week.

View attachment 125562
congrats!! You've been waiting a while!

Quick question tho... why the Falk would you cross out your VIN and VON when you're on the tracker? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Unfortunately, that’s pretty common, at least for us enthusiasts. It’s not just the sales people either. When I closed on my truck Wednesday, the finance manager started going over their third party warranty. I just stopped him and showed him my Ziegler quote for MaxCare 8/125K (which he did match). He tried to sell me some additional plan that would replace up to two key fobs and some other stuff (paint coating, seat treatments, etc.). When I told him the MaxCare will replace up to three key fobs ($600 limit), he claimed he didn’t know that and would have to check up on it.
Agreed... once i started buying trucks i often found myself much more informed than my salespeople on the technical aspects... but good point, when you're an enthusiast, you do tons of homework on this stuff...they sell whichever model of the 4 brands the person talking to them wants, and i let them off the hook because they can't know EVERYTHING about ALL of them... it is funny tho when you ask something like "so this has the whatevertheFthisbuttonis right?" and they go "no i don't think so" and then you pull it up on the screen in the truck and they're like ":cautious: yeah... it has that..." haha

Last edited:

jlrozzi

Reaction score
Dealer tried telling me today that 1k coupon code was “targeted mail” to get people “in the door” and it probably wouldn’t stack with FWP price despite him telling me a couple weeks ago it would stack with FWP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jgc650i

Reaction score
Just a heads up...new Incentives are now up on Ram website.

Just in time too.....$2000 Cash or 0% 48 months+ $1000 for my Rebel.

Expand the offer details. $1,000 of that $2,000 is the "Stellantis Lease Loyalty" Bonus. My dealer says you have to have a currently active or recently ended lease with Chrysler Capital on another Stellantis vehicle in the household in order to qualify for that piece.

MartyIA

Reaction score
Looks I’m going to researching some MaxCare😃

Users who are viewing this thread