5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

TheColt69

Reaction score
I agree, the wait has been long and I've caught myself looking at Mark Dodge inventory lately.....I'm half tempted to go buy one from them too. For Laura CDJR, they were one of the dealerships I shopped around with, but ended up ordering from Schicker in Washington Mo because they had the best price. Also, I was never impressed with Laura CDJR's service department for my previous RAM
That’s fair! I’m actually from SW MO down here in Joplin. Our dealer here blows, so Laura was a very refreshing change and I got a way better deal than I could here. Didn’t hear about any others around MO so it was between Mark Dodge and Laura. I went with Laura due to them saying they have been getting trucks far quicker (28 days-6wks) and so far it’s held true! MD was a close 2nd but I just didn’t have great luck with the guy I was talking to there. Should’ve requested one of the people everyone here deals with

Mopargirl15

Reaction score
not that anyone has posted that I am aware of

it is really sad Canada is treated so poorly by RAM

Was weird that the first couple times I used Ram chat they gave me updates but the last time I tried they said they couldn’t due to being a Canadian order so they gave me a phone number to call and the person I spoke to said they don’t know statuses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MO Rebel

Reaction score
That’s fair! I’m actually from SW MO down here in Joplin. Our dealer here blows, so Laura was a very refreshing change and I got a way better deal than I could here. Didn’t hear about any others around MO so it was between Mark Dodge and Laura. I went with Laura due to them saying they have been getting trucks far quicker (28 days-6wks) and so far it’s held true! MD was a close 2nd but I just didn’t have great luck with the guy I was talking to there. Should’ve requested one of the people everyone here deals with

I wonder if some of it has to do with dealer allocation. Smaller dealerships may not have immediate allocation, but they probably take the orders anyway not wanting to turn away a customer.

I have purchased two Grand Cherokees (2019 and 2020) and my 2022 Rebel from Olathe DCJR. They are really easy to work with and so far on the Rebel order, they have been spot on with dates. Both GC’s were in transit, so they weren’t technically orders. They were well under invoice on those two purchases.

For the Rebel order, they were very upfront with me. They told me right away due to current allocations and limited availability, $1,000 over invoice was the best they could do. They are a fairly high volume dealer, but their inventory is pretty thin right now. They told me 6-8 weeks to get built, and another 2-3 weeks for delivery. I ordered 2/11. Got my VIN and ESD of 3/25 on 2/15. Truck was built 3/25. Currently in transit with 4/14 scheduled delivery date.

They didn’t require any deposit. I was price protected and signed off on the $1,000 over invoice as soon as we had the VIN. I have already been approved for 0% 48 months plus $1,000 Chrysler Capital Bonus Cash and $500 Retail Bonus Cash for my region plus this stacked with the $1,000 Ram site rebate. Just waiting now for the truck to show up.

I actually live in Missouri about 25 minutes from this dealer. There are three other CDJR dealers closer to me, but just not the same experience with those. They seem to be much more pushy, and two of them do the dealer add on BS. I have purchased the MOPAR MaxCare through them on both GC’s with them matching the Ziegler price, and I’m guessing it will be the same for the Rebel. They have done all maintenance on both GC’s and replaced a radiator on the 2020 under warranty. I had them mount and balance two different sets of tires which I purchased from a different source. So far, they have treated me very well in both sales and service and will continue to get my business.

If you’re ever looking for another CDJR vehicle, I would definitely recommend giving them a try. Ask for Liz. She will treat you right. She even sends my wife and I a scratch off lottery ticket on our birthdays. Now, if I could just get a winning ticket to help pay off the truck.

MartyIA

Reaction score
Was weird that the first couple times I used Ram chat they gave me updates but the last time I tried they said they couldn’t due to being a Canadian order so they gave me a phone number to call and the person I spoke to said they don’t know statuses

This spurred me to try ram chat. Told truck is completed and through inspections. It’s awaiting shipment to dealer. Said can remain in this status for several weeks and once in shipping they can give a delivery estimate.

truckless

Reaction score
to add to what triple_b posted
we have a poster, can not remember their handle, that has a friend on the assembly line who took pictures of their truck. even they do not know why trucks are being build the way they are being built.
it is a management decision, and they are not talking.

Of course they ain't talking ;)

tongue-in.gif

bobinwa

Reaction score
Is there a site I can go to for checking status (like moving from D1 to E) or do I just need to ask dealer? I'm in D1 apparently with a date of 4/23, but not sure if it will be shipped then or just starting to build then?

Portland

Reaction score
I ordered my limited longorn on 3/12, and it is in KZ status awaiting shipment with no ETA, yet. So the limited didn’t delay anything on my end.
I ordered my Longhorn 12 days before you and still don't have a BS. What are the specs on your build?

EDIT: Nevermind, just found your window sticker. Dude. We have almost identical orders except mine is in Ivory White and I went with 3.21 instead of 3.92. Otherwise its basically the exact same truck. Frustrating how they're building these. It's like they're drawing names out of a hat.

truckless

Reaction score
21 limited with vins great than 310, 12 big horns, 5 Laramies, couple longhorns couple rebels. Seems pretty true to me, I was only making an observation I only went back as far as 310

Just for a little insight.....my VINs at 308 and the other at 314 (both Limited...neither built yet) were ordered in September and December respectively....with VINs not assigned until Valentines Day for both....of course just as a friendly reminder I was getting ****ed! :oops:

SirHobgoblin

Reaction score
I ordered my Longhorn 12 days before you and still don't have a BS. What are the specs on your build?

EDIT: Nevermind, just found your window sticker. Dude. We have almost identical orders except mine is in Ivory White and I went with 3.21 instead of 3.92. Otherwise its basically the exact same truck. Frustrating how they're building these. It's like they're drawing names out of a hat.

Could it be the paint?

It’s just a random though, but my father works for the Toyota plant in southern Indiana. They have particular colors that they struggle to source, and it seems to change month to month.

I went with black, which is a pretty standard color and likely one they see more orders of and have more on hand. The ivory white is a special, and beautiful, color of paint - so maybe it’s a bit harder to come by?

For Toyota the more non-standard colors where delayed, but it was pretty random.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Is there a site I can go to for checking status (like moving from D1 to E) or do I just need to ask dealer? I'm in D1 apparently with a date of 4/23, but not sure if it will be shipped then or just starting to build then?
no only the dealer can look at dealer connect

FYI
D1 is ship off the assembly line build almost finished. it then goes to the vender for other things.
watch this

there have been a few D1 that have gone back to D when parts did not show up as planned.

Mopargirl15

Reaction score
Could it be the paint?

It’s just a random though, but my father works for the Toyota plant in southern Indiana. They have particular colors that they struggle to source, and it seems to change month to month.

I went with black, which is a pretty standard color and likely one they see more orders of and have more on hand. The ivory white is a special, and beautiful, color of paint - so maybe it’s a bit harder to come by?

For Toyota the more non-standard colors where delayed, but it was pretty random.

I wonder if you’re right - mines ivory and I got an update that it’s in paint right now

jlrozzi

Reaction score
Just for a little insight.....my VINs at 308 and the other at 314 (both Limited...neither built yet) were ordered in September and December respectively....with VINs not assigned until Valentines Day for both....of course just as a friendly reminder I was getting ****ed! :oops:

That’s crazy, you guys waiting that long are so much more patient than me. All I have to drive right now is my work car and I can only do that when I’m on call which is only once a week. Needless to say I get a lot done while I’m working if I have errands to run, but it’s almost camping and turkey season. I need a truck soon!

Last edited:

mophead

Reaction score
no only the dealer can look at dealer connect

FYI
D1 is ship off the assembly line build almost finished. it then goes to the vender for other things.
watch this

there have been a few D1 that have gone back to D when parts did not show up as planned.
What!!! No mention of the foam cup holder process?

truckless

Reaction score
That’s crazy, you guys waiting that long are so much more patient than me. All I have to drive right now is my work car and I can only do that when I’m on call which is only once a week. Needless to say I get a lot done while I’m working if I have errands to run, but it’s almost camping and turkey season. I need a truck soon!

It actually hasn't been THAT bad. The only saving grace is my wife owns her own business, has a "company" car and we both work from home. I sold my 3500 Cummins I had until I sold in September so summer was essentially spent. I want to get into this truck and enjoy summer with all the extras that no payments has afforded. For that it is starting to wear thin. :)

MO Rebel

Reaction score
I wonder if some of it has to do with dealer allocation. Smaller dealerships may not have immediate allocation, but they probably take the orders anyway not wanting to turn away a customer.

I have purchased two Grand Cherokees (2019 and 2020) and my 2022 Rebel from Olathe DCJR. They are really easy to work with and so far on the Rebel order, they have been spot on with dates. Both GC’s were in transit, so they weren’t technically orders. They were well under invoice on those two purchases.

For the Rebel order, they were very upfront with me. They told me right away due to current allocations and limited availability, $1,000 over invoice was the best they could do. They are a fairly high volume dealer, but their inventory is pretty thin right now. They told me 6-8 weeks to get built, and another 2-3 weeks for delivery. I ordered 2/11. Got my VIN and ESD of 3/25 on 2/15. Truck was built 3/25. Currently in transit with 4/14 scheduled delivery date.

They didn’t require any deposit. I was price protected and signed off on the $1,000 over invoice as soon as we had the VIN. I have already been approved for 0% 48 months plus $1,000 Chrysler Capital Bonus Cash and $500 Retail Bonus Cash for my region plus this stacked with the $1,000 Ram site rebate. Just waiting now for the truck to show up.

I actually live in Missouri about 25 minutes from this dealer. There are three other CDJR dealers closer to me, but just not the same experience with those. They seem to be much more pushy, and two of them do the dealer add on BS. I have purchased the MOPAR MaxCare through them on both GC’s with them matching the Ziegler price, and I’m guessing it will be the same for the Rebel. They have done all maintenance on both GC’s and replaced a radiator on the 2020 under warranty. I had them mount and balance two different sets of tires which I purchased from a different source. So far, they have treated me very well in both sales and service and will continue to get my business.

If you’re ever looking for another CDJR vehicle, I would definitely recommend giving them a try. Ask for Liz. She will treat you right. She even sends my wife and I a scratch off lottery ticket on our birthdays. Now, if I could just get a winning ticket to help pay off the truck.

Well, my dealer was finally wrong about something. They said expected arrival date to dealer was 4/14. Just got a call from Liz, my sales lady. My truck just arrived at the dealer. I’ll be picking it up tomorrow. BS and WS 3/28. Arrived at dealer 4/4. Seven days has to be about as quick as it gets. Kansas was showing 16.5 days WS to delivery last time I saw. I know that KC is a central hub for BNSF. The railyard is only 15 miles from my dealer and with an F-150 plant in town, there are an abundance of car haulers here. Only downside, expecting thunderstorms tomorrow.

mophead

Reaction score
Well, my dealer was finally wrong about something. They said expected arrival date to dealer was 4/14. Just got a call from Liz, my sales lady. My truck just arrived at the dealer. I’ll be picking it up tomorrow. BS and WS 3/28. Arrived at dealer 4/4. Seven days has to be about as quick as it gets. Kansas was showing 16.5 days WS to delivery last time I saw. I know that KC is a central hub for BNSF. The railyard is only 15 miles from my dealer and with an F-150 plant in town, there are an abundance of car haulers here. Only downside, expecting thunderstorms tomorrow.
Looks like you get an award 1649122412636.jpeg

BarnacleBrown

Reaction score
All the crew cab models have rear reclining seats. It isn’t an option, it is part of the 2019+ body style. The rear is bigger by about 4-5 inches they say like the mega cab in a smaller way lol.
I'm not sure about that. My 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab definitely doesn't have rear reclining seats. Not that it matters much in my case since two car seats are back there. But they definitely don't recline

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

jmann

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/