5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Grab a beverage of your choice and read the thread I copied below. It's probably the most informative thread you'll find on 3.21 vs. 3.92. I wouldn't buy a new truck before reading this IMO.

Thank you sir!!

GoTide

Reaction score
1 day to create the mold. 1 day to sand and seal the mold. 1 day to inject then 5 days to cure. 1 day split mold and sand. 1 day for inspection. 1 day installation. 1 day to laugh about passenger side not getting one.

After reading this board for 2 months, I have absconded my pair of insulated beverage holders from my soon-to-be-traded-in 2019 Big Horn. Just in case...

GrumpyDUB

Reaction score
Trying to figure this out, posted my vin on the ram tracker. I type it in the fcacommunity and their is no results. The scatter plot chart that keeps getting uploaded seems to be user generated? Or is that obtained somewhere more official? My name was on it a few days ago. The sheet I received from the dealer says D1. Are there no more updates until the truck is off the assembly line on April 22nd? (If the estimate is accurate)

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Trying to figure this out, posted my vin on the ram tracker. I type it in the fcacommunity and their is no results. The scatter plot chart that keeps getting uploaded seems to be user generated? Or is that obtained somewhere more official? My name was on it a few days ago. The sheet I received from the dealer says D1. Are there no more updates until the truck is off the assembly line on April 22nd? (If the estimate is accurate)
are there any more updates. No if you are indeed at D-1

the tracker will be updated when the truck gets off the assembly line
keep up with the dealer with a new poc once a week because some are reporting D-1 status is changing

RebelChefTobz

Reaction score
Correct. You won't get a build sheet until truck has been build. Then it has a few more steps and statuses to go through before its shipped. Once shipped you should see a WS pop up here in the evening. The ESD is actually the date that it is supposed to ship from the mainline factory to the inspection yard and then usually the body vendor.

GrumpyDUB

Reaction score
are there any more updates. No if you are indeed at D-1

the tracker will be updated when the truck gets off the assembly line
keep up with the dealer with a new poc once a week because some are reporting D-1 status is changing
Is D1 anything other than order confirmed?

I ordered it and the first correspondence a week later is this... D1.... Reading all the posts, there's a lot of potential at this point to be perpetually delayed, or have it built and ready to be shipped by ESD of 4/22

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220325-224314.jpg
    Screenshot_20220325-224314.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is D1 anything other than order confirmed?

I ordered it and the first correspondence a week later is this... D1.... Reading all the posts, there's a lot of potential at this point to be perpetually delayed, or have it built and ready to be shipped by ESD of 4/22
If you have an ESD of 4/22, then you shouldn’t expect anything until then. Your build sheet will probably be issued on (or around) 4/22. The ESD is the anticipated date that your truck rolls off of the assembly line - not shipping on a train.
To answer your previous question, the scatter chart is user-generated (by me), and contains member data only. Your name went on there to indicate where your order falls in the timeline. When your build sheet is issued, you’ll appear again as a scatter-dot.

jslajer86

Reaction score
Has anyone ever ordered a truck from a city over 200 miles away, or had your local dealership make a trade with another location? I’m stuck being impatient and having issues with my current truck and finding almost exactly what I ordered in Houston (I’m in Dallas) or other semi-distant cities.
I can probably limp along for another week or two with my current truck but not having a clear eta on my order is a little difficult…

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Has anyone ever ordered a truck from a city over 200 miles away, or had your local dealership make a trade with another location? I’m stuck being impatient and having issues with my current truck and finding almost exactly what I ordered in Houston (I’m in Dallas) or other semi-distant cities.
I can probably limp along for another week or two with my current truck but not having a clear eta on my order is a little difficult…
lots of posters here are ordering from mark dodge in Louisiana and they live all over the country

GoTide

Reaction score
This one has a build sheet (issued Monday 3/21). Still waiting for a WS. It's going to Mark Dodge. https://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=1C6SRFPT1NN303372

I don't know if it matches what you are looking for or not. I needed (and ordered) the 33 gal tank. This one comes with the 26 gal tank. The factory said it is built and they cannot make any changes to it, so it gave me the opportunity to reorder and make a couple of other changes that I didn't care about in January but now need in March. Chances are it shows up in 2-3 weeks. It's a long shot for you, but just a heads up.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
lots of posters here are ordering from mark dodge in Louisiana and they live all over the country

Yep, ordered mine from MD and I'm 1500 miles away. I know there are several other members here who live even farther away that have ordered with them, if you're in Texas it's a no brainer to get a quote.

Last edited:

jgc650i

Reaction score
Even though still no WS, my dealer let me know the initial shipping information was finally populated. I'm in Western NY so truck will go by rail to Buffalo yard and then trucked to dealer in Finger Lakes region. Current info calls for transport to Buffalo by 4/3 and then trucked to dealer by 4/15. Soooooo, for me so far: ordered 1/4/22, VIN 1/5/22, ESD 3/17//22, BS 3/21/22 (with server update delay), WS ??, Rail Delivery Est 4/3/22, Dealer Delivery Est 4/15/22.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Welcome to the forum. Yes, many in this forum have ordered trucks from Mark Dodge in Louisiana. I highly recommend you build the truck you want on the Ram Trucks site so you have the list of everything you want and then call Sandi, Aaron or Renee at Mark Dodge. Discuss what you want and ask questions. When I called Sandi, she informed me the the Technology Group was available for my truck even though it was not available on the Ram Trucks site. I highly doubt you will be disappointed in the price they give you. And, it’s my understanding that they deliver trucks to Houston at no cost. You have nothing to lose, give them a chance to give you the best price you will find anywhere. Of course, if you decide to order a truck, then it will take time for the build process. But you will get exactly what you want and it will be worth the wait. I’m sure they also have a ton of trucks on their lot to choose from, if you decide to go that route.

Last edited:

jslajer86

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I have ordered exactly what I want from a local dallas dealership (Limited, Night Edition, Sunroof, Level 1, 4x4, Granite) with a current estimate of being 6 weeks out. I found exact replica at a dealership in MS and Houston, and considering calling the dealerships and seeing if I can find a reason to buy those rather than wait for my order.
Appreciate all the feedback from everyone!

GrumpyDUB

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I have ordered exactly what I want from a local dallas dealership (Limited, Night Edition, Sunroof, Level 1, 4x4, Granite) with a current estimate of being 6 weeks out. I found exact replica at a dealership in MS and Houston, and considering calling the dealerships and seeing if I can find a reason to buy those rather than wait for my order.
Appreciate all the feedback from everyone!
The reason to wait is price. Mark dodge is several percent below invoice. I'm about $7,000-$8,000 less than MSRP. Meanwhile here in Cali, dealerships are charging $5,000 more than MSRP on trucks sitting on the lot.

Users who are viewing this thread