5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

testcrewman

Reaction score

jlrozzi

Reaction score
There is no D2 status. You are in D1 until you start production (E, F, G) then you get a build sheet.

Alright thank you! I was basing that off of a post I saw on here that listed all the codes. I was hoping there was something to determine if the ESD was going to be accurate
cb3c800dd2e996a9a04d39fbc1e5c7a8.jpg

Last edited:

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Alright thank you! I was basing that off of a post I saw on here that listed all the codes. I was hoping there was something to determine if the ESD was going to be accurate.
3b805a8635c802380ea740cbe7c3e14e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think that was a typo on their part. The description is for D1.

Your estimated ship date will generally correspond with the date your truck goes through the production line. So you should expect a build sheet on (or around) 4/3. Actual shipping (to your dealer) could be days or weeks after that. FCA's choice of the term "estimated ship date" is unfortunate, as it leads many to believe that this is the date it will actually ship out on a train.

jlrozzi

Reaction score
I think that was a typo on their part. The description is for D1.

Your estimated ship date will generally correspond with the date your truck goes through the production line. So you should expect a build sheet on (or around) 4/3. Actual shipping (to your dealer) could be days or weeks after that. FCA's choice of the term "estimated ship date" is unfortunate, as it leads many to believe that this is the date it will actually ship out on a train.

Alright thank you for the clarification.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Does anyone know when you will show d2 or anything between d1 and BS prior to your build sheet being issued? Like for example my esd is 4/3 but still showing D1. When should i progress to d2 and so on? Assuming it all runs on schedule .

your dealer has a POC with an estimated ship date (build date) ask them for a copy

codes here post two

jlrozzi

Reaction score
your dealer has a POC with an estimated ship date (build date) ask them for a copy

codes here post two

I understand all that. I was asking if there was a timeline leading up to your ESD to know if your ESD was going to be accurate. Maybe I’m wording it bad.

If my ESD is a week away should I be in status code E(example) or will it just show D1 all the way up to BS released.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I understand all that. I was asking if there was a timeline leading up to your ESD to know if your ESD was going to be accurate. Maybe I’m wording it bad.

If my ESD is a week away should I be in status code E(example) or will it just show D1 all the way up to BS released.

You'll likely advance to E on 4/1 or 4/2 (if your ESD holds). The entire process of building your truck only takes 2-3 days. Until then, you'll just be in D1.

jlrozzi

Reaction score
Or maybe I’m thinking about this as if it takes a week to build a truck… ?? maybe E,F and G Basically happen over night? Then bam BS is issued?

jlrozzi

Reaction score
You'll likely advance to E on 4/1 or 4/2 (if your ESD holds). The entire process of building your truck only takes 2-3 days. Until then, you'll just be in D1.

Ooook that makes more sense. I was thinking it took longer than a couple days

RebelChefTobz

Reaction score
Ooook that makes more sense. I was thinking it took longer than a couple days

I went from D1 to I literally overnight, and skipped all the steps in between. It really depends on when it runs through the line and they update the status. But the ESD really seems to correspond to the day it gets built and then goes to the body vendor. But everyone seems to be a bit different on which steps seemingly get zoomed through overnight.

Matt863

Reaction score
WS on 3/3 and Cassens will deliver on 3/22. Picking up on 3/23. Ordered 12/11 252XXX VIN. Pretty much right on schedule as the chart with the blue lines shows.

tat2dwiseguy

Reaction score
The current VIN assignments are up to ~329,000 now (meaning ~229,000 VINs have been assigned), and they've built ~174,000. So they have a current backlog of ~55,000 trucks. If they continue at an average pace of ~6,000/week, then they're sitting on a ~9-week backlog.

Assuming they plan to start the 2023 model year on 9/1 (that's a guess), then they still have ~24 weeks left for the current model year. So they could keep taking orders for another ~15 weeks.
Unless there is a tooling change.... any talk of a facelift?

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any reason a vehicle is stuck in paint for 3 days? I checked Friday through Today. ESD was 3/20. And of course, that has passed.

I thought I would have a build sheet by now...
I would not freak out. I dont think things are updating like they should. I was in inspection for almost a month then all of a sudden i was waiting on shipping. Never saw a update for the body vendor etc.

jhduca

Reaction score
I’ve been airing on a WS since 3/4…3 weeks…what is potentially happening?

Clemzhemi

Reaction score
I'd be really glad that my truck was last on the trailer. I'd hate to see the tailgate of the truck in the front.
The driver said he had a Mercedes faced forward and a rock hit the windshield and it cost him so he faces the one on front backwards now.

Cobalt 23

Reaction score
BS to WS 30 days for me. At 18 days now waiting on transport 240 miles from the plant to dealer in Ohio. I guess I am one of the unlucky ones.
You're not alone
BS to WS 30 days for me. At 18 days now waiting on transport 240 miles from the plant to dealer in Ohio. I guess I am one of the unlucky ones.
You are not alone Longhorn Southfork waiting to ship going no 3 weeks to Massachusetts. Order and vin 22 weeks ago. It plays with you mind.

Users who are viewing this thread