5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

RebelChefTobz

Reaction score
So you have been in inspection for 24 days so far? I got my build sheet on 2/10/22 and in inspection still and getting worried it taking so long!
Yup. BS on Feb 1st. I can't figure out why its taking so long, and every time I've asked the dealer he says he's never seen one take this long. But then suddenly to of thy blue, he says it's being shipped next week. I'm confused as he!! About it, especially with how many trucks I've seen on here that got their BS after mine, and already have their WS.

Is it because our trucks are blue? 🤷‍♂️

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would imagine they found something that needed to be fixed and they're waiting on parts. I mean, imagine if they found a tear or an imperfection in a seat or steering wheel. It could sit 2 or 3 weeks if it took that long to get a spare part in the way parts allocations are going. They're unlikely to hold up another build off the assembly line.

Cobalt 23

Reaction score
6 more forum members with trucks on the way! Congratulations to @sport1012, @20GladRubicon, @Moondogger, @slouchdog, @Delmonico87, @FriskyRam

VINBSWSBStoWSSTATECOLORSERIES
150836 @sport1012XX
4​
OregonIvoryLimited
165467 @20GladRubiconXX
7​
PennsylvaniaGraniteBig Horn / Lonestar
289136 @MoondoggerXX
4​
CaliforniaGraniteLimited
302886 @slouchdogXX
2​
TennesseeGraniteLaramie
308504 @Delmonico87XX
3​
KentuckyPatriotLimited
309109 @FriskyRamXX
0​
LouisianaBlueRebel
6 more forum members with trucks on the way! Congratulations to @sport1012, @20GladRubicon, @Moondogger, @slouchdog, @Delmonico87, @FriskyRam

VINBSWSBStoWSSTATECOLORSERIES
150836 @sport1012XX
4​
OregonIvoryLimited
165467 @20GladRubiconXX
7​
PennsylvaniaGraniteBig Horn / Lonestar
289136 @MoondoggerXX
4​
CaliforniaGraniteLimited
302886 @slouchdogXX
2​
TennesseeGraniteLaramie
308504 @Delmonico87XX
3​
KentuckyPatriotLimited
309109 @FriskyRamXX
0​
LouisianaBlueRebel
Triple_B
Can you check my Vin. The dealer says I am in G.
Have I missed on the form? Hoping they are right. NN 211409 Longhorn Southfork 1500
Cobalt 23

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yup. BS on Feb 1st. I can't figure out why its taking so long, and every time I've asked the dealer he says he's never seen one take this long. But then suddenly to of thy blue, he says it's being shipped next week. I'm confused as he!! About it, especially with how many trucks I've seen on here that got their BS after mine, and already have their WS.

Is it because our trucks are blue? 🤷‍♂️
I guess it could be! my main concern that i want to do my paperwork next month, truck month! is not looking good

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Triple_B
Can you check my Vin. The dealer says I am in G.
Have I missed on the form? Hoping they are right. NN 211409 Longhorn Southfork 1500
Cobalt 23
If you are in G then your truck just started production, you dont get a BS until after the truck has finished the main assembly line so be on the lookout for my Monday or Tuesday morning post

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I was at a dealership the other talking to a buddy who is a salesman. They had several (including a Challenger hellcat) that had been pretty heavily damaged that necessitated panel replacements. The poor Challenger had damage to all four sides. That situation was not uncommon. What the heck is going on with shipping?
rookie truck drivers!

winter_ale

Reaction score
Question/observation:
I just got my 2022 Bighorn last month, off the lot from a dealer. I jumped back on their website just to see the difference in price between then and now, since obviously things have gone up. They have a truck on the lot that's the same as mine. Color, options, packages, etc. The window sticker looks exactly the same.

However, I noticed looking at the pics of this truck, that is has the auto-start/stop function. Mine does not. I further noticed that this truck does not have power-folding mirrors, but mine does. Again, the window stickers look exactly the same between the two trucks (with neither of them showing any auto start/stop function). I go the Ram website and it says power-folding mirrors aren't even an option on the Bighorn.

What's going on here? Is this because of the chip shortage? Does Ram just add or remove whatever various options they feel like depending on the day? Not used to two identical vehicles having different features when everything I'm looking at says they should be the same.

TonyCA

Reaction score
Question/observation:
I just got my 2022 Bighorn last month, off the lot from a dealer. I jumped back on their website just to see the difference in price between then and now, since obviously things have gone up. They have a truck on the lot that's the same as mine. Color, options, packages, etc. The window sticker looks exactly the same.

However, I noticed looking at the pics of this truck, that is has the auto-start/stop function. Mine does not. I further noticed that this truck does not have power-folding mirrors, but mine does. Again, the window stickers look exactly the same between the two trucks (with neither of them showing any auto start/stop function). I go the Ram website and it says power-folding mirrors aren't even an option on the Bighorn.

What's going on here? Is this because of the chip shortage? Does Ram just add or remove whatever various options they feel like depending on the day? Not used to two identical vehicles having different features when everything I'm looking at says they should be the same.
I'd assume the dealer website is incorrect and it doesn't actually have the power fold feature.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Question/observation:

power folding mirrors are available in package level 2
power folding mirrors are also available in package level 1
but a lot of big horns were build with package level A, which deleted the power folding mirrors
i do not know it they still are in package level B

window sticker never lists everything
pull up the build sheet

tat2dwiseguy

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Quick update here. I ordered from Craig at Koons on 12/13, got my BS on 2/3, WS on 2/5, and amazingly the truck arrived at Koons on 2/8.

I was super excited about that, but I learned the hard way between then and now that while you can complete your purchase from Koons remotely, you should avoid doing so at all costs.

Yesterday, 16 days after it arrived at Koons, was the first day I could have the truck picked up. It took them 3 days to send me the credit app, 4 days to call me to discuss rates after I submitted the app, and then another week for them to send me the paperwork (first they sent me paperwork with the wrong interest rate and my wife's name misspelled, and then resent it the next day corrected after I called just about everyone at the dealership to get them to fix it.)

Keep in mind that this is a process that, when done efficiently, can be completed in an hour, start to finish. But I had two weeks worth of just waiting. And that was with me reaching out every single day to try to get the process moving faster. I cannot imagine how long it would have taken if I had just let them do it at their own pace.

If you do order from Craig at Koons, I would recommend just making an appointment to pick up the truck once it arrives and goes through inspection at Koons. That will avoid all of these delays.

**Also make sure you get pre-approved by a non-captive bank before going in (I used Capital One and got a crazy good rate offer), and use that to make sure they give you something near that rate you got pre-approved for. Doing this enabled me to use their financing, keep the $1000 credit for doing so, but also get a market-correct rate.

I really appreciate that Koons offers such great pricing, and I understand that Craig is doing so much volume because of that pricing that he really can't give any personal attention to his customers, but you just need to know what you are getting yourself into when you order this way. Probably the best price you can possibly get, but don't expect high-touch service.

Hope this helps!
Great summary for the folks purchasing through Koons @wtez. Having lived in the DC metro area for a bit, I have previously purchased from Koons as well.... my first Ram in fact, back in 2003. They were actually really easy to deal with and gave me a great deal for a unit already on the lot, because it was the end of the model year. I paid cash and it was late in the day, so i pretty much skipped all the finance mumbo jumbo, so i had a very different experience than yours.
That being said, i just got off the phone with March (the finance manager) at Mark Dodge. I spent an hour on a Zoom call with him, and much of that time was just shooting the s#!t. My point here is that Mark Dodge is also a huge volume dealer, giving most customers the BEST price and they are absolutely the best group of folks i've ever dealt with at any car dealership anywhere, period. They presented me with an amazing price on the first contact...no haggling required. They kept me up to date on the progress and responded to texts quickly when i reached out. They offered me $2k more for my trade than any of the online outfits (Carmax, Carvana, KBB, etc), and when it came time to talk finance, they did exactly what i asked, made their pitch for their extra services, took the time to play with the numbers, and further sweetened the deal on one of the optional packages. I don't know how they are making a profit, even at this high volume, but i can tell you, they are definitely earning repeat customers with their outstanding customer service, and that goes a long way in this day and age.
Just to be clear, this isn't a rant about Koons or a boast about Mark Dodge; it was a counterpoint to your statement that we shouldn't expect "high-touch service" AND a great price on a new vehicle. MD has proven that the two are not mutually exclusive.
I'll be picking up my truck next week and can't wait to meet the team and shake their hands.
Cheers!

winter_ale

Reaction score
power folding mirrors are available in package level 2
power folding mirrors are also available in package level 1
but a lot of big horns were build with package level A, which deleted the power folding mirrors
i do not know it they still are in package level B

window sticker never lists everything
pull up the build sheet
My truck has level 2. The truck online also has level 2. Mine has power fold. The truck online doesn’t because I can see in the pictures the same button I have for the mirrors isn’t there. I get the sticker doesn’t show everything. Just wondering how two trucks with the same option package can have different features.

m.hamner

Reaction score
Just got an email from US Customer Care @ FCA Group that the first truck I ordered on 2/12 will be here 4/13. Yikes. Now, just need to wait for the second truck's email because that's the one I'm actually getting.

winter_ale

Reaction score
I'd assume the dealer website is incorrect and it doesn't actually have the power fold feature.
It doesn’t have the power fold feature. I can see it in the pictures. But my Bighorn does, even though the official Ram site says power fold mirrors aren’t even available. That’s what I’m saying. Both trucks (the one online and mine) have the level 2 equipment group, identical window stickers, but different features. It’s always possible the dealer website is wrong and the pictures don’t match the listed truck. I just didn’t know if anyone else noticed this in their experience.

Duckfan1967

Reaction score
Great summary for the folks purchasing through Koons @wtez. Having lived in the DC metro area for a bit, I have previously purchased from Koons as well.... my first Ram in fact, back in 2003. They were actually really easy to deal with and gave me a great deal for a unit already on the lot, because it was the end of the model year. I paid cash and it was late in the day, so i pretty much skipped all the finance mumbo jumbo, so i had a very different experience than yours.
That being said, i just got off the phone with March (the finance manager) at Mark Dodge. I spent an hour on a Zoom call with him, and much of that time was just shooting the s#!t. My point here is that Mark Dodge is also a huge volume dealer, giving most customers the BEST price and they are absolutely the best group of folks i've ever dealt with at any car dealership anywhere, period. They presented me with an amazing price on the first contact...no haggling required. They kept me up to date on the progress and responded to texts quickly when i reached out. They offered me $2k more for my trade than any of the online outfits (Carmax, Carvana, KBB, etc), and when it came time to talk finance, they did exactly what i asked, made their pitch for their extra services, took the time to play with the numbers, and further sweetened the deal on one of the optional packages. I don't know how they are making a profit, even at this high volume, but i can tell you, they are definitely earning repeat customers with their outstanding customer service, and that goes a long way in this day and age.
Just to be clear, this isn't a rant about Koons or a boast about Mark Dodge; it was a counterpoint to your statement that we shouldn't expect "high-touch service" AND a great price on a new vehicle. MD has proven that the two are not mutually exclusive.
I'll be picking up my truck next week and can't wait to meet the team and shake their hands.
Cheers!
Mind sharing how they sweetened the deal on an optional package for those of us with MD to consider bringing up?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It doesn’t have the power fold feature. I can see it in the pictures. But my Bighorn does, even though the official Ram site says power fold mirrors aren’t even available. That’s what I’m saying. Both trucks (the one online and mine) have the level 2 equipment group, identical window stickers, but different features. It’s always possible the dealer website is wrong and the pictures don’t match the listed truck. I just didn’t know if anyone else noticed this in their experience.
Do you have the VIN for this truck that’s on the lot? I’d like to look it up and find out what’s what.

Users who are viewing this thread