5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How is your exhaust? I just checked my WS again and only the intake is listed not the exhaust. Both are on build sheet.
idk yet... my truck is on a train to the dealer currently. 😭😭😭 but the more of thee stories i see the more concerned i get. There's a whole thread about just the exhaust on here too. 🥵 but yes, same... both are on myBS with only the CAI on my WS... which i've seen alot actually.

Last edited:

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How is your exhaust? I just checked my WS again and only the intake is listed not the exhaust. Both are on build sheet.
So i just took a run thru some WS's on the tracker and literally the only two i could find (for a Rebel G/T) that actually listed both the CAI AND the exhaust on the WS were NN118974 on 9/28/21 and NN152096 also on 9/28/21... which both list everything in that pkg. Thereafter it seems like shortened the description on the WS and don't put all of the options in that pkg on there anymore. Weird.

RebelChefTobz

Reaction score
Not going well right now! Missing Mopar CAI and they don't have it here and Rep is saying I might have to come back here to have it installed when they get it in. How does something like that get missed. Craig is trying to see if a dealer in NY can install it. I'm not even happy with that! This place is a mad house. I know it's a holiday but it's packed!
I'd straight up lose my mind if I saw that on my truck. I wouldn't care if they offered to install a new CAI. I'd be demanding they order me a new truck at a bigger discount. But that's just me.

Xchief

Reaction score
@Xchief I bet they put the orange one on there for the trip to the up-fitter, swap it out and send the orange one back to RAM for the next build. Painted ugly orange so no one forgets it. Looks like someone did though.
That's exactly what the Ram rep said. They can't or won't ship it directly to me and they're trying to get approval to have a dealer in NY do it. Craig's been decent so far but I've been here 4 hrs now. That's after driving for 4 1/2 hrs! The more time that passes the more pissed off I'm getting 😤

Xchief

Reaction score
I'd straight up lose my mind if I saw that on my truck. I wouldn't care if they offered to install a new CAI. I'd be demanding they order me a new truck at a bigger discount. But that's just me.
Craig is taking care of me. It's just an add on part. If they make it right and do the right thing I'll be ok with that. Listen things happen its how you fix it or make it right that matters.

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's exactly what the Ram rep said. They can't or won't ship it directly to me and they're trying to get approval to have a dealer in NY do it. Craig's been decent so far but I've been here 4 hrs now. That's after driving for 4 1/2 hrs! The more time that passes the more pissed off I'm getting 😤
what dealership are you dealing with and is it the one you bought it from? this whole thing got me freaked out, something as simple as a cai, what else are they not catching at the factory?

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
At some point, especially given the hour of the day, I think you just need to tell them that they need to order you a new truck, have it expedited, and have it built the right way, or they need to refund you your money and you'll go elsewhere. It's clear they aren't going to fix this themselves (they keep trying to get some other dealer to fix it), so you might as well reorder or walk. But, I wouldn't let them pass this off to some other dealer, as that other dealer isn't going to give a damn about you or your truck.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
what dealership are you dealing with and is it the one you bought it from? this whole thing got me freaked out, something as simple as a cai, what else are they not catching at the factory?
a few things actually... give it a GOOOOOD once over when you take delivery and make sure you have what they owe you (your BS) and what is not there, and the resolution in writing before you leave. Me personally i am not leaving w/o that truck, and not going thru the waiting again... but i'll make sure if any solutions are needed they are documented before i leave. My dealer happens to be pretty good, so i'm not super worried, i just don't like the prospect of having to go thru it all, and feel for the peeps who are right now. super buzzkill.

RebelChefTobz

Reaction score
Literally had a Laramie GT, REBEL GT and a limited parked next to each other at the dealership, and the only one with the CAT exhaust was the Limited, and it wasn't even supposed y have it. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread