5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
Huntington Beach Ram in California
I have said it numerous times before, and I'll reiterate here: I'm a lawyer, but not your lawyer, so do not take anything that follows as legal advice; it is just my opinion and what I would do if I were in your shoes.

Having said that, if I were you, I'd try to find an attorney you can speak with that is knowledgeable with California's deceptive trade practices act. I would venture to guess your dealer is in violation of at least one of the provisions under that law, and if you have a case, most attorney's will take it without you having to pay them upfront.

I'm going to ask around my CA office and see if anyone has any recommendations, but if you know a good attorney in CA, it may be worth a call to them.

mtnbikej

Reaction score
A newbie here (hello everyone), I'm also in California and placed an order (in tracker) with Rob from Tuttle Click (Irvine), very upfront with fees and 2% below invoice. Also, zero deposit! Just a thought.

Just placed a new order with them this afternoon. Got the deal I wanted when I placed the first order. Of course HB Ram kept saying no one would make that deal....no dealers would sell for under MSRP or without a huge markup.

Now....back to the waiting game.

mtnbikej

Reaction score
Thanks all......

With the knowledge that I've been absorbing from everyone here, I placed a new order with another dealer. Got my deal in writing this time. No Mark Ups....No BS. Got what I felt was a honest deal.

As a plus, I was able to adjust my build a little bit. Ditched the Rebel Level B for the Level 2 so now I'll get my Power Folding Mirrors. :cool:

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks all......

With the knowledge that I've been absorbing from everyone here, I placed a new order with another dealer. Got my deal in writing this time. No Mark Ups....No BS. Got what I felt was a honest deal.

As a plus, I was able to adjust my build a little bit. Ditched the Rebel Level B for the Level 2 so now I'll get my Power Folding Mirrors. :cool:
Did you get your deposit back?

mtnbikej

Reaction score
I guess the worst part about the whole saga....the truck showed up late last night. It wasn't prep'd for me when I showed up this morning. Least of all, the dealer's "premium package" of BS hadn't been installed, yet they wouldn't back down at all about adding those items and charging $4500.

When i mentioned to them it states on their website that these Dealer Added Items "May" be purchased......that doesn't mean that you "Have" to purchase. They claimed they had to do it on all vehicles for insurance reasons. Sleazy car salesmen.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I guess the worst part about the whole saga....the truck showed up late last night. It wasn't prep'd for me when I showed up this morning. Least of all, the dealer's "premium package" of BS hadn't been installed, yet they wouldn't back down at all about adding those items and charging $4500.

When i mentioned to them it states on their website that these Dealer Added Items "May" be purchased......that doesn't mean that you "Have" to purchase. They claimed they had to do it on all vehicles for insurance reasons. Sleazy car salesmen.
Yep, it's ridiculous. I was trying to work with a dealer in Atlanta on a truck they had on their lot, but they wouldn't back off their "paint protection package" for $1200, which I guarantee was a run through whatever touchless wash they have a pass with. I promptly moved on and found a better dealer to work with.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score

my god... these guys sound like its the 1980's over there. completely sux that you have to wait all over again, but at least you didn't get taken to the cleaners.

cjerman617

Reaction score

Definitely report them to Ram/Stellantis. When I ordered mine I was told that the manufacturer is taking fraudulent orders very seriously and penalizing dealerships that do it. They are also starting to penalize dealerships for markups and forced “packages”. They will restrict that dealership from being able to place customer orders because what they basically did was order a truck and pull that crap so you would back out so they can sell it on their lot like that, because some sucker that doesn’t know any better will pay it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Southside

Reaction score

Those terms on the "contract" are terible too. Can't put more than 20% down, have to use their bank, and they were taking the rebates.

j_ason24

Reaction score
Just placed a new order with them this afternoon. Got the deal I wanted when I placed the first order. Of course HB Ram kept saying no one would make that deal....no dealers would sell for under MSRP or without a huge markup.

Now....back to the waiting game.
Great! I'm just glad there is at least one dealership on the west coast making deals. But it seems there is only just the one. lol

cjerman617

Reaction score
Great! I'm just glad there is at least one dealership on the west coast making deals. But it seems there is only just the one. lol

I got mine from a different SoCal dealer for $7k off msrp and they locked in the incentives that were available at the time I placed my order. If the incentives are better at delivery I can choose those instead. And my dealer has been actually keeping me in the loop the whole way, without me having to bug him.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I got mine from a different SoCal dealer for $7k off msrp and they locked in the incentives that were available at the time I placed my order. If the incentives are better at delivery I can choose those instead. And my dealer has been actually keeping me in the loop the whole way, without me having to bug him.

same... but this is getting a little stressful. i feel like my dealer is pretty standup... better than most i've dealt with, but the different stories give a bit of a chill

mtnbikej

Reaction score
Definitely report them to Ram/Stellantis. When I ordered mine I was told that the manufacturer is taking fraudulent orders very seriously and penalizing dealerships that do it. They are also starting to penalize dealerships for markups and forced “packages”. They will restrict that dealership from being able to place customer orders because what they basically did was order a truck and pull that crap so you would back out so they can sell it on their lot like that, because some sucker that doesn’t know any better will pay it.

Already did.

Also lit them up on Dealer Rater.

Then Better Buisness Bureau

Next will be Yelp and Google Reviews.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/