5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Delmonico87

Reaction score
I’m back in here with another order within three months of taking delivery of my first one. Long story short my truck had scratches from shipping and the epoxy seam in the tailgate was messed up from factory. The dealer never had in three months taken care of it. I went in last week and they offered to order me another truck except this time around they’re saying that I can I have the Ecodiesel for the same price as the Hemi etorque in my original order. I had to make a call in to customer care to update them a minute ago and they gave me the Vin number and said that the truck was already in the build status. I asked if he meant D1 with a schedule and he said it was showing that it was currently being built. I don’t know how much I trust it nor do I care if it’s that quick because I still get to drive my truck until the new one comes in. Here’s to hoping this one comes in without any damages and it’s great for years to come. Also, I hope it’s a straight trade as the dealer said it would be so that way they can redeem theirselves for what has been very stressful to deal with the last few months. I’m glad to see some of the lower VIN numbers lately finally being delivered to people. These are awesome trucks and happy for anyone being able to take delivery.

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m back in here with another order within three months of taking delivery of my first one. Long story short my truck had scratches from shipping and the epoxy seam in the tailgate was messed up from factory. The dealer never had in three months taken care of it. I went in last week and they offered to order me another truck except this time around they’re saying that I can I have the Ecodiesel for the same price as the Hemi etorque in my original order. I had to make a call in to customer care to update them a minute ago and they gave me the Vin number and said that the truck was already in the build status. I asked if he meant D1 with a schedule and he said it was showing that it was currently being built. I don’t know how much I trust it nor do I care if it’s that quick because I still get to drive my truck until the new one comes in. Here’s to hoping this one comes in without any damages and it’s great for years to come. Also, I hope it’s a straight trade as the dealer said it would be so that way they can redeem theirselves for what has been very stressful to deal with the last few months. I’m glad to see some of the lower VIN numbers lately finally being delivered to people. These are awesome trucks and happy for anyone being able to take delivery.
I don't know what your new VIN is but, there have only been 4 Patriot Limited EcoDiesels built to date for Kentucky and all were more than a month ago. If they are telling you it is in production today, then hopefully I will see a new BS tomorrow morning that matches your old build.

Delmonico87

Reaction score
I don't know what your new VIN is but, there have only been 4 Patriot Limited EcoDiesels built to date for Kentucky and all were more than a month ago. If they are telling you it is in production today, then hopefully I will see a new BS tomorrow morning that matches your old build.
1C6SRFHM4NN311716 is the new VIN. I’ll add it to my signature when I get a minute. I suspect it’s not being built this quick but would be ecstatic if it were true. Who knows with the way they handle production. He could’ve told me that and it end up being 6 months from now!

mtnbikej

Reaction score
What happened?
Dealer at the 11th hour decided to finally talk numbers. "we have a $10k Market Adjustment on all special orders" and a "premium package for $4500 added to every vehicle".....neither of which were disclosed at the time of order or any of the other 1/2 dozen times I contacted them.

Bottom line they wanted nearly $91k OTD for a Rebel with a Sticker of $68k.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dealer at the 11th hour decided to finally talk numbers. "we have a $10k Market Adjustment on all special orders" and a "premium package for $4500 added to every vehicle".....neither of which were disclosed at the time of order or any of the other 1/2 dozen times I contacted them.

So many options of places to go for an order without getting into that mess.

Ram-a-Kin

Reaction score

WTF! What dealer?

Pi Esq.

Reaction score

It likely won't do you any good, but I would contact Ram Care and let them know what the dealer did. The dealer has every right to charge whatever they want, but they should not hide from customers nearly $15k in extra charges until the last minute. Ram Care may want know of this shady practice.

Also, I don't know which state you are in, but you may want to look into the consumer protection and unfair/deceptive trade practices acts in your state, as there are at least a few states in which I could make a good argument the dealer is in violation of such acts.

Devildawgusmc

Reaction score
It likely won't do you any good, but I would contact Ram Care and let them know what the dealer did. The dealer has every right to charge whatever they want, but they should not hide from customers nearly $15k in extra charges until the last minute. Ram Care may want know of this shady practice.

Also, I don't know which state you are in, but you may want to look into the consumer protection and unfair/deceptive trade practices acts in your state, as there are at least a few states in which I could make a good argument the dealer is in violation of such acts.
It may actually make a difference if the dealer put it in as a sold order. They basically screwed him over to add to their dealer allocations.

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
It may actually make a difference if the dealer put it in as a sold order. They basically screwed him over to add to their dealer allocations.
I don't think it'll make a difference for @mtnbikej, as Stellantis can't force the dealer to sell to him, but it could, and should, cause some sort of punitive action to be taken against the dealer.

rrutkf80

Reaction score
Maybe a dumb question, but why doesn't your Rebel have the RAM decals acrosses the tailgate? Is this because of the multi use tailgate?
mine is the same with the emblem, I guess the Tail Gate butt crack wouldn't look right cutting the M in RAM

Last edited:

mtnbikej

Reaction score

I don't think it'll make a difference for @mtnbikej, as Stellantis can't force the dealer to sell to him, but it could, and should, cause some sort of punitive action to be taken against the dealer.

Done

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
call mark dodge

getting it into calif is not as hard as it used to be

I did not have to use mark dodge but I threaten my dealer if they tried that crap on me i was going to go there
yeah, @mtnbikej maybe they can even steal your truck off that $h!theel dealer's lot so you dont have to wait another however long. (n)(n)

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online