5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

kc135t

Reaction score
Not sure how you guys @Eighty and @triple_B track average shipping times, but mine will lower the OH average a bit. WS on 3 Feb, Delivered to dealer via Cassens today, 7 Feb. So definitely under the 10 day average. I have not picked it up yet as the dealer prep has not happened yet, so may get it by the weekend. I will post pics for those who like that kind of thing...and I will make sure to include the foam cup holder inserts!

wtez

Reaction score
I am very curious to hear about that as well - I actually planned to do all the finance work remotely and have my family in DC take the delivery of the truck and road trip it down to me in DFW. What you are saying @Xchief would indicate that I wouldn't be able to do that, which is something I have never been told by anyone at Koons, and which would be VERY disappointing.

I have also bought several cars remotely before, so I know for sure that Koons telling you that you have to be there in person to learn anything from finance makes no sense...honestly if they tried to pull that crap on me saying that I had to be there in person to do finance work i might just finance it elsewhere and lose the $1k that they build into the deal to finance through them.
Same here!

Just spoke with Craig. The answer is yes you can do it remotely, but it is a bit of a process. They wont start it until the truck lands at the dealership, at which point you can fill out the credit app online and they will fedex you the documents to sign and notarize and send back.

So with that, you could fill out the credit app quickly once the truck lands and know whether you need to apply elsewhere while waiting for the paperwork to come to you and go back. (or you could just apply elsewhere first i guess)

Xchief

Reaction score
Just spoke with Craig. The answer is yes you can do it remotely, but it is a bit of a process. They wont start it until the truck lands at the dealership, at which point you can fill out the credit app online and they will fedex you the documents to sign and notarize and send back.

So with that, you could fill out the credit app quickly once the truck lands and know whether you need to apply elsewhere while waiting for the paperwork to come to you and go back. (or you could just apply elsewhere first i guess)
Thanks, that's good to know. He told me I gotta do everything when I show up at the dealer. My truck is there now and I can't get there till next Tuesday so I'm gonna get started on that now.

CObiomedtech

Reaction score
No, That's where they remove your foam cup holders and put them in the Limiteds. LOL
That happened to me... but my dealer (Mark Dodge!) Shipped me the drivers side since it was on the build sheet. I guess Big Horn's don't get the $23 upgrade for the passenger side. I bought one for the wife since she let me buy the truck ☺

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score

And if through ram you can just do it from anywhere. Sounds like they are trying to steer you into their banks financing so they can make points from you.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That happened to me... but my dealer (Mark Dodge!) Shipped me the drivers side since it was on the build sheet. I guess Big Horn's don't get the $23 upgrade for the passenger side. I bought one for the wife since she let me buy the truck ☺
How can they even tell? Build sheets list the exact same thing (Foam Bottle Insert Door Trim Pnl) from Big Horn through Limited.

halla

Reaction score
Picked up the truck tonight, sat on the lot for 2 weeks waiting to get the invoice from Ram fixed to match the price we agreed to back in August. Then wouldnt you know it, they sent the price back even lower, seems they made an error, saved me another $1600. I have three window stickers now with different bottom lines. Oh well, I have my truck and it is awesome.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Not sure how you guys @Eighty and @triple_B track average shipping times, but mine will lower the OH average a bit. WS on 3 Feb, Delivered to dealer via Cassens today, 7 Feb. So definitely under the 10 day average. I have not picked it up yet as the dealer prep has not happened yet, so may get it by the weekend. I will post pics for those who like that kind of thing...and I will make sure to include the foam cup holder inserts!
I asked the same thing because mine took 40 days and triple_b said that is the way averages work

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As of tonight, I have tracked 66850 trucks to the lots of thousands of dealers across the US. 3960 of those to dealers in Ohio, so one truck doesn't move the average at all at this point. Things are pretty set for most states unless large disturbances like the winter storm that effected most the US cause all trucks to be delayed. You have to keep in mind that for states like Ohio there is a huge deviation between the MIN of 0 days and the MAX of 112 because dealers on the Northern half of the state just go straight by truck from the factory, but most the dealers I have tracked towards the southeastern corner of the stat go by rail which takes much longer.

kc135t

Reaction score
As of tonight, I have tracked 66850 trucks to the lots of thousands of dealers across the US. 3960 of those to dealers in Ohio, so one truck doesn't move the average at all at this point. Things are pretty set for most states unless large disturbances like the winter storm that effected most the US cause all trucks to be delayed. You have to keep in mind that for states like Ohio there is a huge deviation between the MIN of 0 days and the MAX of 112 because dealers on the Northern half of the state just go straight by truck from the factory, but most the dealers I have tracked towards the southeastern corner of the stat go by rail which takes much longer.
I knew my shorter time would not move the needle much, but I was just wondering how you guys are able to track delivery times on so many vehicles. Do you really look at each VIN status all the way to the delivery? You are almost as dedicated to this as my father is to tracking our whole family tree back to Adam and Eve...THANKS!

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When does 2023 production start?
I'm pretty sure the factory switches over in the second week of July for that following years production....
This is correct, in a normal year the factory changes year models near the end of July. They will shut down to make the transition. However, with things being so delayed this past year they didn't even start 2022 production until the middle of September because they were still finishing 2021 builds. That may push the end of 2022 further out than is typical, or they will just cut orders sooner to try to get back to the standard transition.

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I knew my shorter time would not move the needle much, but I was just wondering how you guys are able to track delivery times on so many vehicles. Do you really look at each VIN status all the way to the delivery? You are almost as dedicated to this as my father is to tracking our whole family tree back to Adam and Eve...THANKS!
I do just that, I check every possible VIN 7 times a day at scheduled times for various things, two of those being the 7:40am BS scan and the 9:05 pm WS scan. I am currently averaging well over 1 million page requests a day to Stellantis servers, I intentionally spread the load out throughout the day and throttle myself in an attempt to not cause issues with their servers. I have written my scanner to adjust itself based on response time so if their servers are responding slower, my software slows down as well.

BS Scan is the only one that I run during "work hours" to help with the abuse to their servers. I run the rest starting at about 8pm and typically ends around midnight, with the exception of the rare evening where they took many thousands of new orders, those take a while to detect each new VIN so it will extend into the early hours the next day. Have only had 3 nights so far where that was still running and overlapped with the next mornings BS scan and that was when they issued 10K+ new VINS in a single day.

kc135t

Reaction score
I do just that, I check every possible VIN 7 times a day at scheduled times for various things, two of those being the 7:40am BS scan and the 9:05 pm WS scan. I am currently averaging well over 1 million page requests a day to Stellantis servers, I intentionally spread the load out throughout the day and throttle myself in an attempt to not cause issues with their servers. I have written my scanner to adjust itself based on response time so if their servers are responding slower, my software slows down as well.

BS Scan is the only one that I run during "work hours" to help with the abuse to their servers. I run the rest starting at about 8pm and typically ends around midnight, with the exception of the rare evening where they took many thousands of new orders, those take a while to detect each new VIN so it will extend into the early hours the next day. Have only had 3 nights so far where that was still running and overlapped with the next mornings BS scan and that was when they issued 10K+ new VINS in a single day.
Interesting stuff. You have probably told this to folks many times before, but I am glad you did here as it is as I thought...you do a ton of work for this and deserve to be "called out" more often than you are!

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread