5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

BNJMN

Reaction score
Anyone know for sure when we will know if truck month exists and how much the incentives are? If my truck shows up mid February is it reasonable to ask the dealer to sit on it 2-4 weeks if there are incentives that start March 1 or March 15 or something?

FatNelson

Reaction score
I also told my sales guy that carvana gave me an online quote for my trade in $4000 higher than what they were offering. He told me that I should take it to them because his dealership wouldn't come up that high. I haven't dealt with carvana so I guess I need to sort that out real quick.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone know for sure when we will know if truck month exists and how much the incentives are? If my truck shows up mid February is it reasonable to ask the dealer to sit on it 2-4 weeks if there are incentives that start March 1 or March 15 or something?
If you're price locked then that price is good for like 14 days after the dealership takes delivery. If they sit on it any longer then FCA will invoice them at the current rates.

Ldante197

Reaction score
I also told my sales guy that carvana gave me an online quote for my trade in $4000 higher than what they were offering. He told me that I should take it to them because his dealership wouldn't come up that high. I haven't dealt with carvana so I guess I need to sort that out real quick.

Not sure what the value of your trade is but if your state has sales tax you should check to make sure the sales tax savings on the new ram isn’t more than $4,000 if you decide to trade in. In my case the $1000 of sales tax savings outweighed the better offers I got elsewhere. I also got a $1,750 rebate from ram for my trade in because it’s a FCA car and has been registered for 10+ years. Finding out ram offered a rebate on that was a nice surprise. So In total I got a $2,750 savings for going the trade in route which made it worth it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FatNelson

Reaction score
Not sure what the value of your trade is but if your state has sales tax you should check to make sure the sales tax savings on the new ram isn’t more than $4,000 if you decide to trade in. In my case the $1000 of sales tax savings outweighed the better offers I got elsewhere. I also got a $1,750 rebate from ram for my trade in because it’s a FCA car and has been registered for 10+ years. Finding out ram offered a rebate on that was a nice surprise. So In total I got a $2,750 savings for going the trade in route which made it worth it for me.

The dealer is offering $30k and carvana gavee an online quote of $34k. It's been such a long time since I sold a car instead of trading it in I didn't think about the potential tax implications. I live in Michigan, we have a 6% sales tax. Looks like I have some research to do tonight. Thank you for the heads up.

Devildawgusmc

Reaction score
That sucks that they wouldn’t match your trade quote. What dealer was this? Good info for people to know.

When I spoke to Koons about my trade they said they would match Carmax, Carvana, or Vroom pricing. I got quotes from each and they also were about $4k more than the dealers initial estimate. Truck isn’t built yet so time will tell if Koons will actually live up to their word.

Ldante197

Reaction score
The dealer is offering $30k and carvana gavee an online quote of $34k. It's been such a long time since I sold a car instead of trading it in I didn't think about the potential tax implications. I live in Michigan, we have a 6% sales tax. Looks like I have some research to do tonight. Thank you for the heads up.

6% on a $30k trade in would be $1800 of sales tax savings off your new truck. so it seems like your $4k better offer from carvana is the way to go unless the dealer offers you any other rebates for trading in.

FatNelson

Reaction score
6% on a $30k trade in would be $1800 of sales tax savings off your new truck. so it seems like your $4k better offer from carvana is the way to go unless the dealer offers you any other rebates for trading in.

I've been reading a bit about this, while giving children baths and getting them ready for bed. Carvana would be responsible for the 6% sales tax because they would be the purchaser, however because of the crazy market I stand to make $5k profit off my old truck. So I will be responsible for some capital gains taxes. I think this is true wether I trade it in or sell it to carvana. I'm still trying to sort this out, it's a situation I never thought I would be in.

BNJMN

Reaction score
I sold my wife's car to carvana last year. Super easy. Dealer didn't want it. Quote all of them as mentioned above.

fliptide

Reaction score
Might want to get a vroom quote as well. Where I am (TX), they have been a couple grand higher than anybody else. I have a local office near me and have sold a couple vehicles to them with a 3rd most likely next week. No clue how seemless an online purchase would be, but in person, I walk out with a check in 15 minutes or so.

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Bbrodie

Reaction score
That was quick for.the window sticker. Thank you for tracking for all of us. Still waiting to hear from the dealer.

22DTEco

Reaction score
I've been reading a bit about this, while giving children baths and getting them ready for bed. Carvana would be responsible for the 6% sales tax because they would be the purchaser, however because of the crazy market I stand to make $5k profit off my old truck. So I will be responsible for some capital gains taxes. I think this is true wether I trade it in or sell it to carvana. I'm still trying to sort this out, it's a situation I never thought I would be in.
Just for clarity... capital gains only apply if you sold for more than you bought it for. Not what you owe...

More common in collectables.

FatNelson

Reaction score
Just for clarity... capital gains only apply if you sold for more than you bought it for. Not what you owe...

More common in collectables.
Yup, I understand. I bought the truck 3.5 years ago for $29k. Because of the screwy market my dealer is offering $30k and carvana is offering $34k. I know not a crazy profit, but something I've never had happen before.

Users who are viewing this thread