5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Cda3488

Reaction score
i ceramic coated my hellcat w/ cquartz professional. it absolutely makes a huge difference in how dirty my charger gets and how much easier it is to clean when it does get dirty. without ceramic coating, the rockers on my pickup are a bear to clean and almost impossible to get the paint perfectly clean. I hit the charger w/ carpro reload every 6 months, should last 5-6 years and was a whole lot less than 2k. I plan to do my new rebel myself w/ cquartz uk as soon as i take delivery and weather permits.
You are using some great products. Carpro UK3.0 is a great coating. I will be applying Kamakazi Zipang when my truck comes in. Check it out.

Randboye

Reaction score
Agree with the above post that no one know what they are doing and the factory has been less than transparent. But this seems to be the most likely reason. Those of us watching closely have seen all our options be placed on newer ordered trucks. I have come up with no other reason than those who ordered early have been slowed down by the changes in packages.
Hope your comes soon. D1 12-6, ESD 1st 12-15 then 12/18 BS 12-20, In JB status now per the new detail POC & US Customer care. All my items ordered was on POC Maybe tomorrow for you🤞🏼

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Added 1413 Window Stickers tonight. 11 more forum members with trucks on the way! Congratulations to @nloftman92, @RockJock, @Brisoup1, @ReedScott01, @Scott_R, @Shannonwin, @yup ram, @daddyfatsaxxx, @SkeeterRAM, @puddingstomp, @myownstatus

VINBSWSSTATECOLORSERIES
119106 @nloftman92XXNew YorkBlackBig Horn / Lonestar
150187 @RockJockXXWisconsinGraniteLimited
150480 @Brisoup1XXPennsylvaniaSilverRebel
192685 @ReedScott01XXAlabamaWalnutLonghorn
193419 @Scott_RXXPennsylvaniaDelmonicoBig Horn / Lonestar
195848 @ShannonwinXXMinnesotaWalnutLonghorn
197001 @yup ramXXMichiganWhiteLaramie
200825 @daddyfatsaxxxXXMichiganWhiteRebel
209836 @SkeeterRAMXXNorth CarolinaBlueLimited
209909 @puddingstompXXKentuckyGraniteLaramie
215183 @myownstatusXXFloridaWhiteLaramie

Mad Cow

Reaction score
Four year old Chevy Colorado that spent the first three years of its life outside in the driveway in Las Vegas. Waxed it every 6 months, pic taken just now after it’s introduction to an Idaho winter. Ceramic all you want, wax works for me… B1BE7C2C-511D-4197-B5A4-38B16AD956C4.jpeg

puddingstomp

Reaction score
Added 1413 Window Stickers tonight. 11 more forum members with trucks on the way! Congratulations to @nloftman92, @RockJock, @Brisoup1, @ReedScott01, @Scott_R, @Shannonwin, @yup ram, @daddyfatsaxxx, @SkeeterRAM, @puddingstomp, @myownstatus

VINBSWSSTATECOLORSERIES
Woohoo! I haven't been trying to keep up with BS to WS timing but I'll take the quick turnaround! Thank you @triple_B and @Eighty for what you're doing. Stelantis should have you both on payroll. Guess I won't have as much time as I thought to save for a bigger down payment, but really looking forward to my first truck at this point.

chris288

Reaction score
You are using some great products. Carpro UK3.0 is a great coating. I will be applying Kamakazi Zipang when my truck comes in. Check it out.
i checked out the zipang, looks like excellent product, except i have all the carpro reset, spot remover, and reload, so the UK seems like a good fit.

Cda3488

Reaction score
Four year old Chevy Colorado that spent the first three years of its life outside in the driveway in Las Vegas. Waxed it every 6 months, pic taken just now after it’s introduction to an Idaho winter. Ceramic all you want, wax works for me… View attachment 114327
Happy waxing. If you decide to step up your game let me know.

chris288

Reaction score
I get that fresh waxed look anytime i want, every single time with a simple wash and wipe. takes all of 15 minutes. and i live in NY w/ a TON of pollen, leaves, helicopters, snow, ice, dust and dirt. ceramic is a godsend if you want your paint looking new for years. i'm out,,, back to impatiently waiting for my BS WS to show up sometime this week 🤞

Cda3488

Reaction score
i checked out the zipang, looks like excellent product, except i have all the carpro reset, spot remover, and reload, so the UK seems like a good fit.
I’m the same, 90 percent of my arsenal is Carpro. I saw they just came out with a new product called Descale. It’s a shampoo that also removes water spots. I have a water deionizer for my black truck but sounds like a great product to use on my customers vehicles.

puddingstomp

Reaction score
Four year old Chevy Colorado that spent the first three years of its life outside in the driveway in Las Vegas. Waxed it every 6 months, pic taken just now after it’s introduction to an Idaho winter. Ceramic all you want, wax works for me… View attachment 114327
I personally don't think this should be an internet war! That truck looks amazing! So does my 2018 Accord that I've used nothing but Meguiars clay and sealants on since ownership. That said the wife works at he Ford dealership in the same family of dealerships as the Dodge that my truck is coming from. They use Cilajet, which started on planes because the owner is an aviation guy. I'm getting it.

I personally like what I like and stick with what I know, but I'm also a software engineer so in my world the best is getting replaced every few months and I have to help decide if the transition is worth it. I don't fully trust the coatings, so I'll be adding sealant on top, but I'm also not living a life where I can/want to be applying wax ever again.

flyforfood

Reaction score
How did you get a ship date? Both our trucks were built this weekend and I’m still waiting inspection. Who gave a delivery date?
The ship date popped up on my dealer’s computer right after the order was accepted and a VIN populated. He told me however, not to hold my breath for that date. As of today 12/20, the ship date was updated to yesterday 12/19. So take that with a grain of salt!
I’m only getting bed liner, cargo rails and steps
installed in Body Vendor (Mopar Custom Shop). So hopefully it will move to shipping in the next day or two.

Mad Cow

Reaction score
I get that fresh waxed look anytime i want, every single time with a simple wash and wipe. takes all of 15 minutes.
Happy waxing. If you decide to step up your game let me know.
Well, I waxed it about a month ago. Had a three day work trip and my wife took the Colorado out in the snow. She pulled it back in the garage, took a dry towel and wiped it down. I’m good with my game, but thanks…

Attachments

• 8DD1E5F3-0961-400E-A9A7-459565C5C822.jpeg
    8DD1E5F3-0961-400E-A9A7-459565C5C822.jpeg
    109.4 KB · Views: 43

Cda3488

Reaction score
I personally don't think this should be an internet war! That truck looks amazing! So does my 2018 Accord that I've used nothing but Meguiars clay and sealants on since ownership. That said the wife works at he Ford dealership in the same family of dealerships as the Dodge that my truck is coming from. They use Cilajet, which started on planes because the owner is an aviation guy. I'm getting it.

I personally like what I like and stick with what I know, but I'm also a software engineer so in my world the best is getting replaced every few months and I have to help decide if the transition is worth it. I don't fully trust the coatings, so I'll be adding sealant on top, but I'm also not living a life where I can/want to be applying wax ever again.
It’s always good to add a topper ie sealant on top of a coating to use as a sacrificial layer. So yes I totally agree. Coatings are not for everyone and I understand that. It takes some people a little more time to change from what they know. But, there is nothing like a good paint correction and a true ceramic coating.

Randboye

Reaction score
According to US Customer care and my new POC after my BS today showing JB status, must be where mine's at.

Mad Cow

Reaction score
How do you remove ceramic once it begins to fail?

How do you remove wax once it begins to fail?

Which costs more to apply, which costs more to remove?

Can you tell the difference in the intrum? Can you really?

SkeeterRAM

Reaction score

VINBSWSSTATECOLORSERIES
Yeah! Was wondering when this day would arrive. Thanks for calling my name😎

RebelChefTobz

Reaction score
Hot dog! Two trucks with my name on them! Ordered them a month apart even. If anyone in/near michigan wants the 197001 build (same as my sig sans GT/air ride and BSM) I can tell you where it’ll be soon. Not sure my dealer has anyone on the hook for it yet.
Is that the one with B level trim, meaning no power fold mirrors? Looked through the build sheet, but had pretty tired eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread