5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For those of you submitting second (or, ahem, 3rd orders), are you reordering the exact same thing or are you dropping/changing options to try to get the order built faster?
I ordered the exact same but added MFT and RamBoxes. While waiting for the first build I started kicking myself for not ordering them the first time! I fully expected that adding these options would slow down rather than speed up the build.

x50

Reaction score
For those of you submitting second (or, ahem, 3rd orders), are you reordering the exact same thing or are you dropping/changing options to try to get the order built faster?

I didnt know it at the time but my original order was placed when Ram wasn't offering blind spot monitoring on any Laramie trucks. A month later it was an option again so i ordered a new one. I tacked on some other options i had been considering, too.

Level A and Level B were discontinued 11/15. The Level 1 and 2 packages with the BSM are back. This is more of an FYI post for those that don't know. Maybe they can change their order if not too late or place a new order. I ordered on 11/1 and got Level 2 so the transition was starting about then.

2021-12-07_9-36-19.png

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Level A and Level B were discontinued 11/15. The Level 1 and 2 packages with the BSM are back. This is more of an FYI post for those that don't know. Maybe they can change their order if not too late or place a new order. I ordered on 11/1 and got Level 2 so the transition was starting about then.

View attachment 113220
I ordered 10/19 and got Level 1.

Reactions: x50

PaHydroRam

Reaction score
I was told mine has to be built by the 13th by the dealer. So I'm hoping any day to finally get the tag. Just wanted to thank @Eighty and @triple_B for all the hard work and help although with every update its a love/hate relationship. ;)

myownstatus

Reaction score
Well, first thing you do is print it out. Then you wipe your bum with it.

JK...

The squiggly line on the left shows order dates (on the X axis, with last 6 digits of the VIN on the Y axis). Basically represents the timeline of orders.

The thin blue line represents the "theoretical" date that a truck would be built, based on the assumptions stated (9/13 start of production, 6000 trucks/week), and everything being built sequentially.

The thick blue line represents the range (3-4 weeks later) that a truck would theoretically be delivered.

All the dots represent the "actual" build date. As you can see, there is no method to the madness. Ram is just building whatever they want, whenever they want. If you have a truck that's built to the left of the thin blue line, then you're "beating the average", and if it falls to the right then your time is overdue.

If you look at today's chart, I was lucky enough to have two trucks built. One was WAY overdue from May 20th. The other one was built long before it should have been (if life was fair). But life isn't fair.

This all started as a look-ahead, wishful-thinking, general idea of when someone could expect a truck to be built. Now it's just an exercise in frustration or sheer joy (depending on whether your truck is built to the left or the right of the line).
Thanks a mil. I know it is all over the place, so based on this looks like End of March for me.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks a mil. I know it is all over the place, so based on this looks like End of March for me.
I would set your general expectation for a late February build (with a late March delivery). If it happens sooner, then you can be pleasantly surprised. Just remember that there's no telling what Ram will do. You might see it built next week, or it could be way off in April.

x50

Reaction score
I would set your general expectation for a late February build (with a late March delivery). If it happens sooner, then you can be pleasantly surprised. Just remember that there's no telling what Ram will do. You might see it built next week, or it could be way off in April.
Can you look into your crystal ball and tell me when my truck will arrive to the dealer in DE? ;)

PepperellFF

Reaction score
I made a color change (from billet to granite) and changed a few options on my second order. Changed the 12" back to the 8.4" w nav. I have the 8.4 in my 2019 and did not really like or need the 12". Also ordered the trailer group.

Roster16

Reaction score
I was told mine has to be built by the 13th by the dealer. So I'm hoping any day to finally get the tag. Just wanted to thank @Eighty and @triple_B for all the hard work and help although with every update its a love/hate relationship. ;)
I just got a text from my dealer. Was told truck will be shipped the 16th fingers crossed.

Shannonwin

Reaction score
Your order is in there. I may have forgotten to post your name on the day that I added you. But I just double-checked, we're tracking yours.
Thx I can get out of my corner from stumping my feet and jumping up and down LOL

speedbyu

[hacked account]
Reaction score
first order they left off the 3.92 gear and I had to change the interior color as the color Light Mountain Brown was dropped for 2022 by ram so I added the 33 tank. Ram changed the color but did not add the gears or the tank. sales manager reordered and ordered a etorque but everything else was correct. I did not want the etorque so the manager called the area rep and asked for a change and just in case ordered a third unit with what I wanted.
This would not have happened if I would have went with the sales person the first time to the manager and watched them make the change. I trusted the sales person to get my POC and he kept saying he would but did not. one day I showed up and the sales person was off so I talked directly with the sales manager.
I have to hand it to this dealer they have been very helpful. I did not even have to give them any more money than i gave at the very beginning. I have

first order they left off the 3.92 gear and I had to change the interior color as the color Light Mountain Brown was dropped for 2022 by ram so I added the 33 tank. Ram changed the color but did not add the gears or the tank. sales manager reordered and ordered a etorque but everything else was correct. I did not want the etorque so the manager called the area rep and asked for a change and just in case ordered a third unit with what I wanted.
This would not have happened if I would have went with the sales person the first time to the manager and watched them make the change. I trusted the sales person to get my POC and he kept saying he would but did not. one day I showed up and the sales person was off so I talked directly with the sales manager.
I have to hand it to this dealer they have been very helpful. I did not even have to give them any more money than i gave at the very beginning. I have used this dealer since 1994 and even though it has changed hands it has been good to me.
If mine comes in correct, I will have an Autostop eliminator for sale that I used on my e-torque. I will be asking $50 shipped to CONUS

Pjsant26

Reaction score
Maybe this is the wrong place to ask but when I ordered my 2022 Laramie on 11/13 I was told that blind spot monitoring and cross path detection was not available to order. Looking at my build sheet it shows my order with Laramie Level 2 equipment group. Does Level 2 automatically come with those two safety features?

RamGram

Reaction score
Got my Window Sticker Sunday night, thanks to Triple B, still haven't heard from my dealer to give me the news. I have since found 2 Sports on dealer lots in the area, same color as I ordered with the Tech Package that I was told was no longer an option. I am seriously contemplating walking away from mine to get what I really wanted........may lose my deposit but if the other dealer gives me a decent price I'll bite the bullet!

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe this is the wrong place to ask but when I ordered my 2022 Laramie on 11/13 I was told that blind spot monitoring and cross path detection was not available to order. Looking at my build sheet it shows my order with Laramie Level 2 equipment group. Does Level 2 automatically come with those two safety features?
Of the 150 build sheets that I have with Laramie Level 2, all of them contain Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection.

Conversely, none of the 7,546 Laramie Level B build sheets have it.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
do you have a poc and a vin?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just realized you mentioned your "build sheet". I assume you are talking about your "priced order confirmation", which is the paperwork you receive when you order the truck.
A build sheet is what you receive when the truck is built. It will say "Equipment Listing" on the top.

If you really want to confirm the contents of your specific Level 2 package, ask your dealer to print out a new POC (Priced Order Confirmation) and select the "detail" checkbox when generating it. That printout will show exactly what is included in each package. It will look something like this:
1638893044109.png

Users who are viewing this thread