5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update: I saw my new, cloned POC today at the dealer. Instead of just adding ASG like in my original order, they added Limited Level 1 Group.

This was not what I wanted, as it has duplicate features as the 10th Ann Edition and other things I didn’t care to pay for. Dealer said they’d have to call the Ram Rep again in order to figure what, if anything, could be done with the package pricing as we’re now several thousand dollars above what my original order was.

Plus, my old POC was updated to not only be missing ASG but with a new higher base price.

Instead of dealing with more ******** and waiting god knows how much longer for order 2, this additional screw up has been enough. I’m just going to take the original order, which is already almost here. They’re gonna keep the original affiliate price and throw in additional coupons for my troubles.

ASG is cool but in the words of Lizzo I am “tired of the ********.”
The current LL1 has all the options in the old ASG group + ventilated rear seats and HK stereo which is also in the 10th so they reduce the price accordingly. I didn't want vent seats but what the He!!. They should have done to mine what they did to yours and I would be taking delivery soon rather than waiting for my re order

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
JUST GOT THE CALL FROM MY SALESMAN-MY TRUCK WAS DROPPED OFF OVERNIGHT....I PICK IT UP THIS EVENING!!! WOO-HOO!!! 🥳 🎉
Just got home with my new truck. I'm honest-to-goodness in full-on SHOCK over this truck and literally had to pinch myself to make sure this wasn't a dream. This thing is so over-the-top I really don't know where to start. I promised pictures and I'll take a bunch I promise but I've got to "take in" what this thing is a bit first. I do have a couple impressions to provide quick:

• The Trailer Hitch Light is VERY BRIGHT and makes up for the so-so backup lights.
  • The LED CHMSL bed lighting is pathetic-disappointingly so.
  • The HUD is bad@$$. Most of the information is in white, but it does display color for speed warnings and lane sense. I do wish it would allow a higher setting as I can't view it correctly when the seat is all the way up where I'd prefer it but I can adapt. I'm 6'3" so pretty tall.
  • UConnect 5 is going to take me time to adjust. There are a few things I DON'T like about it compared to version 4, but overall I think I'm going to like it much better. I'll expand more....
  • Android Auto Wireless is incredible. It sets up its own "network" for wireless. It's only half-screen but that's OK. Hopefully some software updates down the road will address this.
  • I haven't spent much time on it yet, but I tried to setup the hotspot and the wireless for that as opposed to the Android kept fighting each other. I'll have to work on it more and report.
  • There are some fit-and-finish issues I'll try to take up later. The fuel door doesn't close flush-it is "popped out" in the lower LH corner next to the hinge. Both RamBoxes have a bit more gap than I'd care for. I'll see if I can tighten the latches some. Otherwise the gaps seem to be consistent.
  • It was getting dark when I arrived at the dealership so hard to discern the interior colors but the Sea Salt was actually just a little darker than I remembered which is fine. The Indigo portion was very difficult to tell it's even "blue." It seemed more dark grey. That's why some photos are so hard to pick up on it. Overall it looks like a million bucks.
  • There's no "10th Anniversary" splash screen in the 7" gauge cluster. This is disappointing as it was shown in marketing shots and I expected it to be there like the 10th Anniversary Longhorn did.
  • Maybe I'm missing it, but the UConnect doesn't have the button for the Offroad Pages to be displayed. There is a page in the gauge cluster. I want the center screen ones too with the altitude, pitch, roll, etc. I'll keep searching.
  • I promise much more in the near future everyone!
  • I want to send a sincere THANK YOU to @Eighty and @triple_B for their hard work and dedication to this forum and the tracking, spreadsheets, and other data. I know it takes a LOT of time to mine and compile this data and it has been/continues to be VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!
  • I'm going to say the little over 14 weeks I waited for this custom-ordered truck was well worth it. (My 1st custom-order) Now that I've gone through the pain and agony but am experiencing the fruits of the wait I'll tell all of you to HANG IN THERE. I'd be vocal with your dealer for those of you who've been waiting longer than I have. Ram/Stellantis needs to provide answers. I know the chip/supplier issues are real from the industry I'm in but communication is key!!

• 2021-11-04 17.09.16.jpg 2021-11-04 18.43.07.jpg 2021-11-04 18.43.32.jpg 2021-11-04 18.43.40.jpg 2021-11-04 18.43.49.jpg 2021-11-04 18.43.58.jpg 2021-11-04 18.44.08.jpg 2021-11-04 18.44.18.jpg 2021-11-04 18.44.28.jpg 2021-11-04 19.12.14.jpg

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just got home with my new truck. I'm honest-to-goodness in full-on SHOCK over this truck and literally had to pinch myself to make sure this wasn't a dream. This thing is so over-the-top I really don't know where to start. I promised pictures and I'll take a bunch I promise but I've got to "take in" what this thing is a bit first. I do have a couple impressions to provide quick:

• The Trailer Hitch Light is VERY BRIGHT and makes up for the so-so backup lights.
  • The HUD is bad@$$. Most of the information is in white, but it does display color for speed warnings and lane sense. I do wish it would allow a higher setting as I can't view it correctly when the seat is all the way up where I'd prefer it but I can adapt. I'm 6'3" so pretty tall.
  • UConnect 5 is going to take me time to adjust. There are a few things I DON'T like about it compared to version 4, but overall I think I'm going to like it much better. I'll expand more....
  • Android Auto Wireless is incredible. It sets up its own "network" for wireless. It's only half-screen but that's OK. Hopefully some software updates down the road will address this.
  • I haven't spent much time on it yet, but I tried to setup the hotspot and the wireless for that as opposed to the Android kept fighting each other. I'll have to work on it more and report.
  • There are some fit-and-finish issues I'll try to take up later. The fuel door doesn't close flush-it is "popped out" in the lower LH corner next to the hinge. Both RamBoxes have a bit more gap than I'd care for. I'll see if I can tighten the latches some. Otherwise the gaps seem to be consistent.
  • It was getting dark when I arrived at the dealership so hard to discern the interior colors but the Sea Salt was actually just a little darker than I remembered which is fine. The Indigo portion was very difficult to tell it's even "blue." It seemed more dark grey. That's why some photos are so hard to pick up on it. Overall it looks like a million bucks.
  • There's no "10th Anniversary" splash screen in the 7" gauge cluster. This is disappointing as it was shown in marketing shots and I expected it to be there like the 10th Anniversary Longhorn did.
  • Maybe I'm missing it, but the UConnect doesn't have the button for the Offroad Pages to be displayed. There is a page in the gauge cluster. I want the center screen ones too with the altitude, pitch, roll, etc. I'll keep searching.
  • I want to send a sincere THANK YOU to @Eighty and @triple_B for their hard work and dedication to this forum and the tracking, spreadsheets, and other data. I know it takes a LOT of time to mine and compile this data and it has been/continues to be VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!
  • I'm going to say the little over 14 weeks I waited for this custom-ordered truck was well worth it. (My 1st custom-order) Now that I've gone through the pain and agony but am experiencing the fruits of the wait I'll tell all of you to HANG IN THERE. I'd be vocal with your dealer for those of you who've been waiting longer than I have. Ram/Stellantis needs to provide answers. I know the chip/supplier issues are real from the industry I'm in but communication is key!!

Congratulations man. Excited for you!

Pi Esq.

Reaction score

I wonder if they didn't give your truck the right software and/or gauge cluster? The Ram site still touts the 10th Ann. startup page as one of the benefits of the model.

Also, I could be wrong, but I feel like I read somewhere that the off-road pages are only available on the TRX and Rebel.

Last edited:

Usmc041127

Reaction score
I didn't know they had off road pages with the ORG. I ordered it on mine. I will be disappointed if it doesn't have the 10th anniversary cluster. I am looking forward to that in the dash.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
I wonder if they didn't give your truck the right software and/or gage cluster? The Ram site still touts the 10th Ann. startup page as one of the benefits of the model.

Also, I could be wrong, but I feel like I read somewhere that the off-road pages are only available on the TRX and Rebel.
Yeah, I need to spend a bit more time with the truck and get acclimated and so forth. I'll check with my dealer, etc.

The cluster is definitely the correct one as it has the "Limited" branding backlit at the top instead of "RAM", but the splash screen does the same animated "Limited" that my 2020 did.

The Off-Road pages with the altitude, etc. were actually one of the big reasons I chose the ORG as some of the other features I didn't care about necessarily. I know they can be enabled with a TazerDT or Alfa-OBD, but I don't want to have to go down that route if I can help it.

I haven't got the truck fully setup in the screens and so forth yet and there may be some over-the-air software updates already so I'll give it just a bit of time.

DTol

Reaction score
We've all been waiting with baited breath... how did the delivery go, and where are the pics?!?
I would have to say perfectly. The truck arrived just as ordered. They honored the original price (invoice minus 1000 based on May pricing). They also gave me the current $500 incentive that is available for 2022s. The Wlndow Sticker is about $1400 higher than the original MSRP and they didn't charge me for that. They told me multiple times that I was price protected and they followed through. Luther Brookdale Chrysler Dodge Ram Jeep in Brooklyn Park MN. They were honest with me.

DTol

Reaction score
I didn't know they had off road pages with the ORG. I ordered it on mine. I will be disappointed if it doesn't have the 10th anniversary cluster. I am looking forward to that in the dash.
Semper Fi, 66 - 70

Itsslow98

Reaction score
I wonder if they didn't give your truck the right software and/or gage cluster? The Ram site still touts the 10th Ann. startup page as one of the benefits of the model.

Big horn backcountry is supposed to have the off road pages as well.

Camel_City

Reaction score

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score

SunnyS

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread