5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Fliphappy

Reaction score
Do we know if trucks have been shipping with tonneau covers yet? I would gladly pick one up from somebody else if it got my truck here sooner. Also does anybody know if the night edition is an issue for all trims?
Limited night edition here, my timeline was pretty fast and would suggest it’s not the issue some believe.

Mr_662

Reaction score
Me too man, looks like several of us sitting in inspection purgatory since the 20th or earlier.

MemberForumVINBuildSheetWindowStickerSeriesCabBedEngineStateColor
J.AustinRAMTRXNN1017749/16/2021TRXCrew Cab5'7"6.2L V8 HEMI SRTIowaGranite
Andrew7878RAMTRXNN1104729/16/2021TRXCrew Cab5'7"6.2L V8 HEMI SRTTexasBlue
trxheavenRAMTRXNN1104739/16/2021TRXCrew Cab5'7"6.2L V8 HEMI SRTTexasBlack
DizzyDean135THGENNN1537689/16/2021RebelCrew Cab5'7"5.7L V8 HEMIOntarioBlack
Hell_TRX21RAMTRXNN1003689/17/2021TRXCrew Cab5'7"6.2L V8 HEMI SRTTexasBlack
lumpyTrx85RAMTRXNN1009499/17/2021TRXCrew Cab5'7"6.2L V8 HEMI SRTNew YorkBlack
DrBabbittRAMTRXNN1197469/17/2021TRXCrew Cab5'7"6.2L V8 HEMI SRTIllinoisBlack
Bovafett13RAMTRXNN1213349/17/2021TRXCrew Cab5'7"6.2L V8 HEMI SRTFloridaBlack
NormanpearsonRAMTRXNN1472229/17/2021TRXCrew Cab5'7"6.2L V8 HEMI SRTOhioBlack
JeremyferreeRAMTRXNN1476789/17/2021TRXCrew Cab5'7"6.2L V8 HEMI SRTPennsylvaniaBlack
Mr_6625THGENNN1498579/17/2021RebelCrew Cab5'7"3.0L V6 DieselNew YorkGranite
KEWLGUY53403RAMTRXNN1021719/20/2021TRXCrew Cab5'7"6.2L V8 HEMI SRTIowaBlack
DTol5THGENNN1025669/20/2021LimitedCrew Cab6'4"3.0L V6 DieselMinnesotaDelmonico
Truckinkid916RAMTRXNN1208299/20/2021TRXCrew Cab5'7"6.2L V8 HEMI SRTOregonBlack
Luigi_dfw5THGENNN1213039/20/2021LaramieCrew Cab5'7"5.7L V8 HEMILouisianaGranite
84 SheepdogRAMTRXNN1219149/20/2021TRXCrew Cab5'7"6.2L V8 HEMI SRTTexasBlack
PCHokie5THGENNN1427759/20/2021LimitedCrew Cab5'7"5.7L V8 HEMITexasPatriot
MrtomRAMTRXNN1478179/20/2021TRXCrew Cab5'7"6.2L V8 HEMI SRTIowaBlack
Mack_TRXRAMTRXNN1519699/20/2021TRXCrew Cab5'7"6.2L V8 HEMI SRTCaliforniaBlack

I was frustrated with receiving the same boilerplate msgs from Ram Chat, so I asked them to open a case for me and got the following back from Ram Customer Care:

"
Hello,
I would like to take this opportunity to say congratulations on ordering your all-new Ram 1500!
We are anxious to get your vehicle built and shipped to your dealer as quickly as possible and want to assure you that your order has our attention and priority.
My name is Jeff and I will be monitoring your vehicle order throughout the build process. I have opened this special tracking file to both help ensure your order is given prioritization through to delivery, as well as to provide you with available status updates along the way.
At this present time, your vehicle is built pending additional equipment and shipping scheduling.
I will continue to monitor your order for additional production updates and I anticipate having further updates to share with you as they become available.
If you have any outstanding questions or order update inquiries, we do encourage you to reach out to your ordering dealership for the fastest response possible. Additional email communications provided to this email are un-monitored and will be responded to once additional updates are available to share.
Thank you for your loyalty and we’re proud to have you as a member of the Ram Truck Family!
Sincerely,
Jeff
Ram Information Center"

I called my dealer and they told me that my truck is scheduled to ship today. Like many of you, I'm not holding my breath. I wonder if there is a common package that is "chip heavy" or resource constrained that is in all of these builds?

MatthewMjr

Reaction score
I was frustrated with receiving the same boilerplate msgs from Ram Chat, so I asked them to open a case for me and got the following back from Ram Customer Care:

"
Hello,
I would like to take this opportunity to say congratulations on ordering your all-new Ram 1500!
We are anxious to get your vehicle built and shipped to your dealer as quickly as possible and want to assure you that your order has our attention and priority.
My name is Jeff and I will be monitoring your vehicle order throughout the build process. I have opened this special tracking file to both help ensure your order is given prioritization through to delivery, as well as to provide you with available status updates along the way.
At this present time, your vehicle is built pending additional equipment and shipping scheduling.
I will continue to monitor your order for additional production updates and I anticipate having further updates to share with you as they become available.
If you have any outstanding questions or order update inquiries, we do encourage you to reach out to your ordering dealership for the fastest response possible. Additional email communications provided to this email are un-monitored and will be responded to once additional updates are available to share.
Thank you for your loyalty and we’re proud to have you as a member of the Ram Truck Family!
Sincerely,
Jeff
Ram Information Center"

I called my dealer and they told me that my truck is scheduled to ship today. Like many of you, I'm not holding my breath. I wonder if there is a common package that is "chip heavy" or resource constrained that is in all of these builds?
I did the same thing two months ago and got the same response from Jeff. I have emailed him back several times and have had nothing back from him or customer care. I am pretty sure this is just an automated boilerplate response.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score

"
Hello,
Sincerely,
Jeff
Ram Information Center"

1633528135497.png

Also, this: "At this present time, your vehicle is built pending additional equipment and shipping scheduling." does not sound good :(

PCHokie

Reaction score

"
Hello,
Sincerely,
Jeff
Ram Information Center"

At this point, I have pretty much given up. At first glance, it appears there is light at the end of the tunnel for me since I have a BS, but it does not feel that way.

My wife and I just recently moved to TX and intend to go back to VA where we are from for 3 weeks in Nov and intend to drive. I just told my dealer to let me know when they have a Wagoneer or Grand Wagoneer on the lot (they have a few on their website but apparently all in transit). If I like them in person as much as I do online, I will pick up one of those instead even though it is 25k-45k more than I initially intended to spend.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
At this point, I have pretty much given up. At first glance, it appears there is light at the end of the tunnel for me since I have a BS, but it does not feel that way.

My wife and I just recently moved to TX and intend to go back to VA where we are from for 3 weeks in Nov and intend to drive. I just told my dealer to let me know when they have a Wagoneer or Grand Wagoneer on the lot (they have a few on their website but apparently all in transit). If I like them in person as much as I do online, I will pick up one of those instead even though it is 25k-45k more than I initially intended to spend.
Dude, at least you didn't order in May or June..........

PCHokie

Reaction score
Dude, at least you didn't order in May or June..........
I hear ya, but I am already having regret on how I ordered mine anyways. I did not know my wife would want to drive back to DC but our vacations keep getting cancelled because of COVID and difference rules in place in Europe. I am not sure how a 2WD truck will handle snow. She is talking about driving to Colorado to ski too this winter.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I’ve never ordered a vehicle before, but I just build my same truck on the ram website now that the 2022s are on there. What I built on their website vs the one I ordered from the dealer is 4K different. Any idea why it would be this off? I picked the exact same options as well and double checked this.
did it go up or down?

mine went up

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
Got word today from ramchat and dealer that my order is in framing. While I’m excited, I still don’t understand how it’s being built already when so many of y’all have been waiting months. *Didn’t post this to get into anyone nerves* Order 9/3, Vin 9/5, framing 10/5

This is what my daughter would call a "massive flex." Evidently, if you "flex" on the wrong person, you're liable to get punched in the face. This forum is the wrong person. :D

But really, congrats. There is no discernible rhyme or reason, and when you get the call up to the big leagues, you don't question it, you just go.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven't heard from @triple_B today, but I didn't find any member build sheets this morning. Here's an updated chart with new members (@feuerdog, @Bw12, @Tony33, @Paul dallas, @scubes13). If he finds any member builds, I'll update the chart.
Thank you and @triple_B for all of the effort you put into this!!! Do you think it may be time to adjust some of the assumptions? I know the chart is just a rough guestimation but it shows my truck delivery at the end of October. As optimistic as I am, I don't see that happening!! Thanks again!!

Gearjunkie340

Reaction score
Something I found interesting. If you try to build a 22 Limited on the Canadian website, it states the following are "limited availability":
  • Trailer Tow Group
    • Trailer Brake Control
    • Trailer Light Check
    • Trailer Reverse Steering Control
    • Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring
  • Technology Group
    • Digital rearview mirror with autodim display
    • Heads Up Display
    • LED CHMSL Lamp
  • 285/45R22XL BSW All Season Tires
  • Electronic Locking Rear Differential
I literally have none of those on my build, may be why I got BS prior to several ahead of me???

View attachment 107291
Still can't build any 2022 models on the US site?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you and @triple_B for all of the effort you put into this!!! Do you think it may be time to adjust some of the assumptions? I know the chart is just a rough guestimation but it shows my truck delivery at the end of October. As optimistic as I am, I don't see that happening!! Thanks again!!
There's no rhyme or reason to the actual production. My intent is to keep the original assumptions for historic purposes (and to show how things "should have" gone down in a fair world).

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
did it go up or down?

mine went up
I just did two identical builds, the same as my order. The 2021 was $47,000. The 2022 was $52,410. That was net price the ram site showed. Nearly the same as the 2022 MSRP price for my order.

Users who are viewing this thread