5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Do we know if trucks have been shipping with tonneau covers yet? I would gladly pick one up from somebody else if it got my truck here sooner. Also does anybody know if the night edition is an issue for all trims?
I'm finding a couple thousand trucks with tonneau covers.

n00ber

Reaction score
Do we know if trucks have been shipping with tonneau covers yet? I would gladly pick one up from somebody else if it got my truck here sooner. Also does anybody know if the night edition is an issue for all trims?
I sure hope a tonneau cover isn't holding things up for orders. I personally didn't want it but it came with the backcountry package. Id gladly say keep it and send my truck...not even looking for a price cut!
IDK if the cover is holding things up or if its one of those things that got switched around like the tech package for the Big Horn but I 86ed the cover because the order would not go through with it added (their order system is kinda like the ramtruck website but take away the pictures and any description) the submit button was greyed out.

it worked out anyway because i would much prefer to try out one of those flush mount rolling covers

jbeppo

Reaction score
Not sure if I’m the exception or not but I have a night edition with tonneau cover on the way to my dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tony33

Reaction score
Where can I go to find out if my truck has started being build yet. I ordered on 08/21 and got Vin on 08/23. Please any advice would b appreciated.

Last 6 of VIN 165579

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score

rhilt1013

Reaction score
Got word today from ramchat and dealer that my order is in framing. While I’m excited, I still don’t understand how it’s being built already when so many of y’all have been waiting months. *Didn’t post this to get into anyone nerves*

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
do you find it odd that build sheets and window stickers show upon the same day? or is it something else?
Not at all, the goal is build sheet 2 days before ship date, so within 1-2 days, Currently of the 13942 trucks with window stickers, 8278 (60%) are in that 2 days or less. The factory doesn't want trucks sitting around any longer than is necessary. If they could roll off the assembly line, get accessories, shake down test, pass QC and be moved to shipping so they don't have to store them its just that much more efficient for them.

kenrs

Reaction score
I'm reaching hard on this one but I wonder if there's a discrepancy between people who put down a cash deposit (and then even moreso for people who were told their deposit was "nonrefundable" and/or signed something, like me), and people who didn't.

In other words, there's more potential liability for a dealer if they took your money and/or signed a deal and it takes 10 months to get you your truck. So maybe dealers are pressuring Ram to get those trucks out, in whatever way they might be able do that?

Could easily be wrong, but this is what we do here right? Shoot theories out like clay pigeons.
In the nonrefundable deposit and signed something camp as well.

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Added 909 Window Stickers tonight. 3 more forum members with trucks on the way! Congratulations to @CdnSport21, @firedfly, @Fastrnu

VINBSWSSTATECOLOR
147622 @CdnSport21XXOntarioGranite
148553 @firedflyXXLouisianaDelmonico
149746 @FastrnuXXDelawareDelmonico
would anyone like to also see the trx listed here as they are built on the same line and they show up on the tracker anyway.
I believe it would make your posting easier you could just make one post and copy it to both forums.
just my 2cents

kenrs

Reaction score
Night Edition was not available for my Rebel when I ordered - was not a show stopper for me and I actually like the standard wheels better.

DizzyDean13

Reaction score
Where would I check for Canadian window sticker?
Estimated ship date it Oct 10. 1C6SRFJT7NN181061
I ordered a Sport back in July was stuck at D status. Apparently this Laramie is D1 and has that estimated ship date.
Don’t really trust the dealer though.
If it says estimated ship of October 10 and you are in D1 status, based on my experience through this mess, that means your truck will be built around oct 10, then they will update the shipping date. And will likely be through the hoops and shipped 3-4 weeks after being built

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not at all, the goal is build sheet 2 days before ship date, so within 1-2 days, Currently of the 13942 trucks with window stickers, 8278 (60%) are in that 2 days or less. The factory doesn't want trucks sitting around any longer than is necessary. If they could roll off the assembly line, get accessories, shake down test, pass QC and be moved to shipping so they don't have to store them its just that much more efficient for them.
I was confused about this, it seems like some people get build sheets and window stickers same day, and others don't. If the build sheet is first, how long is it typically till one sees a window sticker?

DTol

Reaction score
If it says estimated ship of October 10 and you are in D1 status, based on my experience through this mess, that means your truck will be built around oct 10, then they will update the shipping date. And will likely be through the hoops and shipped 3-4 weeks after being built
I hate to keep saying this, but, there are no data that even suggests that there is a relationship between D1 status, estimated shipping date and the build sheet. Estimated shipping date is meaningless.

DTol

Reaction score
I was confused about this, it seems like some people get build sheets and window stickers same day, and others don't. If the build sheet is first, how long is it typically till one sees a window sticker?
I and others have been inspection status for over 20 days after our trucks were built. No patterns seem to be valid.

Users who are viewing this thread