5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How long is it taking to have a back country build order it a month ago got the email saying they received the order but now nothing
You got to be patient. You have people that ordered in Jan that still haven't had their trucks built. Some TRX owners from last year still waiting. people ordered at the end of march and early April and are still in D status. If you look at the tracker, all back country builds are sitting idle. Its most likely a parts issues. This is why dealers tell you to expect anywhere from 12-16 weeks for your build. Could be longer. It sucks watching people that order after you get their built before you but it is what it is.

GunSm0ke

Reaction score
I saw that they cranked out some Longhorns today and thought it looked higher than normal. So, out of boredom, anxiousness, and lack of interest to keep working on a bid today I just went through @triple_B logs that he so kindly posts to see how many longhorns have been reported at BS daily. I used the day after I ordered mine as the starting point and there really is no pattern at all. At best you can say every 7 (if you start after 4/26) reports the number spikes some but not sure if this short window in time really means anything. Hopefully this increased number of Longhorns continues this week but based on tracking they'll probably be down around normal.
23-May​
155​
20-May​
36​
17-May​
31​
13-May​
31​
12-May​
46​
11-May​
31​
9-May​
9​
6-May​
91​
4-May​
13​
29-Apr​
51​
28-Apr​
16​
26-Apr​
4​
24-Apr​
0​
21-Apr​
79​
20-Apr​
60​
My 2/14 Longhorn order was cancelled by RAM with no explanation or notification to me or the dealer. I placed a new order 4/20 and RAM promised to expedite my order since they screwed up the first one. I'm still in "D" Status, so I'm losing confidence that they're doing anything to expedite my order.

Tdmva21

Reaction score
@GunSm0ke that’s not good to hear. Sorry about that. Wonder what the hell happened to it. If mine isn’t here by hunting season I’ll have an issue and may just get something off the lot. Hope your truck does get expedited but seeing as how you and I ordered the same truck a day apart adn we’re both in D it isn’t tracking well.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If mine doesn't come before these twins get here, I'll be getting something off the lot too! Dealer made it seem like it was a pretty fast process... Then I found this forum lol
My dealer told me 4-6 months so they have plenty of cushion to work with yet. Mine was built in under 2 months. Hopefully it doesn’t get caught in the shipping loop for another 4 months. 😖

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If mine doesn't come before these twins get here, I'll be getting something off the lot too! Dealer made it seem like it was a pretty fast process... Then I found this forum lol
That is because the sales dept lie to make the deal. That is what they are known for. Most wouldn't order if they saw the shenanigan's that we all are seeing on here.

90Addict

Reaction score
@90Addict i think you have a more pressing reason than I do! Good luck with the twins. Exciting stuff
Thanks my man! We are at 14 weeks. Getting married in 32 days and I'll be laying on St John's beaches with a fat girl soon 😂. The whole point of buying tho was to have a crew cab for car seats. We shall see if it'll be what I ordered or whatever I find on a lot lol... Question for anyone else reading this... If they can't deliver the truck in that time and I need to get into something else, do I lose my deposit?

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
@Dewey my dealer told me the same timeframe. Hope they’re under promising and over delivering.
They claimed that was a safe bet. Been getting them delivered anywhere from 2-4 months but don’t like to get everyone’s hopes up too much.

Tdmva21

Reaction score
Thanks my man! We are at 14 weeks. Getting married in 32 days and I'll be laying on St John's beaches with a fat girl soon 😂. The whole point of buying tho was to have a crew cab for car seats. We shall see if it'll be what I ordered or whatever I find on a lot lol... Question for anyone else reading this... If they can't deliver the truck in that time and I need to get into something else, do I lose my deposit?
Preggers wife, vacation in the islands, you won’t care about your truck. That’s going to be awesome.

Regarding your other question I’d recommend just asking your dealer. Anyone that would deny applying whatever deposit you may have down on your order, due to your situation, to a lot truck would be a ******

90Addict

Reaction score
Preggers wife, vacation in the islands, you won’t care about your truck. That’s going to be awesome.

Regarding your other question I’d recommend just asking your dealer. Anyone that would deny applying whatever deposit you may have down on your order, due to your situation, to a lot truck would be a ******
Agreed and thank you!

gbledsoe3

Reaction score
Found 1594 Window Stickers tonight. 1 more forum member with a truck on the way! Congratulations to @Hunter512

VINBSWSBStoWSSTATECOLORSERIES
345387 @Hunter512XX
0​
New YorkIvoryLaramie
Looks very similarly optioned to the one I’ve ordered except for the diesel & 5’7” bed. Thrilled to see the 20x9 wheels that where promised with the Off-Road group.

1653363072790.png

SirHobgoblin

Reaction score
@triple_B and @Eighty my order arrived yesterday, 05/23.…right on my wife’s birthday. So I guess that makes this here truck, haha? Planning to pick it up today.

@Tdmva21 for whatever it is worth, my dealer (Lustine) is located in Woodbridge, VA and I am driving up from Fredericksburg today to take delivery. My longhorn order is a bit different than yours, but it was loaded with an eye towards keeping the payload somewhat reasonably high the model. WS on 4/2, shipping stage forever, arrival on 05/23 (see below for WS and order timeline). The longhorns are a bit more rare, but that saddle/black interior is worth any additional wait, IMO. Assuming everything goes smoothly, my wait will have been 73 days from start to finish. In comparison, I waited 6+ months on a toyota highlander hybrid, before canceling and going with my longhorn, and it looks like f-150 orders are even worse. So it could be worse, and I hope yours arrives in a similarly quick window.

@Tdmva21 curious, how large of a dealer did you order from? That might play a role in your wait time, at least from a shipping perspective. Lustine doesn’t appear to be the largest dealer in the area, at least compared to others like Koons, and my wait time was nearly double what @triple_B ’s data shows for Virginia. I noticed another individual in this thread, who ordered from Koons, received their order with a few weeks of their WS. That is only a sample size of 1, but vehicle volume for a dealership could have an impact. It looks my vehicle set in storage for ~30 days, and then took about ~30 days to arrive at the dealer, with the truck sitting in Maryland for at least 14 days prior delivery

Attachments

• 49B0C2B0-9277-4A32-830C-C0CEE53C4C71.jpeg
    49B0C2B0-9277-4A32-830C-C0CEE53C4C71.jpeg
    40.7 KB · Views: 26

Tdmva21

Reaction score
@SirHobgoblin thats great info. I ordered from Whitten here in Richmond. I’m not sure how they compare to Lustine but know they’re smaller than Koons bc they don’t push the custom orders like Koons. They do have 2 dealerships here though so I’d say they’re the largest in this town.

It’ll be worth the wait for sure. I’m a little surprised it’s still in D status but lots of others are older than mine so I can’t complain. Just have to keep swapping rides with my wife which isn’t bad. If I have longer days on the road for work I take her old gl350 diesel and if I’m in town all day I take our/her new to us land cruiser (2019 we got in February with 4k miles). She’s being more impatient than I am bc she wants to use the new land cruiser more.

Enjoy going to get your truck. Sucks it’ll be raining most of the day. I have to head to Mary Washington today for a site visit for a bud I’m working on. Fredericksburg is a great spot.

Last edited:

Hunter512

Reaction score
Found 1594 Window Stickers tonight. 1 more forum member with a truck on the way! Congratulations to @Hunter512

VINBSWSBStoWSSTATECOLORSERIES
345387 @Hunter512XX
0​
New YorkIvoryLaramie
Thank you so much for all you do here. I know you have helpped keep me sane while I waited. I'm sure a speak for everyone when I say thank you. Now to wait for shipping 😆 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread