5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good luck.. my ship date was 4/21 and now 4/29 also. Patriot Blue limited. Hopefully we both get on the BS list in the next couple days.
I believe if the 4/29 (a Friday) date holds, we would not see a build sheet until 5/2, the following Monday. Fingers crossed.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I believe if the 4/29 (a Friday) date holds, we would not see a build sheet until 5/2, the following Monday. Fingers crossed.
you caught on about the build sheet and window sticker issue date
very good, keep it up. I'm sure triple_b and eighty appreciate the help, that is what I have been doing helping out.

MO Rebel

Reaction score
Local dealer will lock in pricing and rebates at time of order but said the financing through mfg program will be subject to current offers at time purchase is complete I.e., when the truck is delivered.
My guess is they want to either jack up your rate or use their own financing options. FCA financing incentives can most certainly be locked at time of order.

mcat79

Reaction score
How are people doing the gps tracking of their new builds? I figured you just plugged the vin into the Ram app, but it looks like it requires an action on the dash of the vehicle.

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I see you're in NJ and have a truck on order. Mind me asking how far below MSRP you were successful at pre-negotiating? In NJ as well (northern, Morris county)
Hey check out Mark Dodge LA, im from PA and got 20% off MSRP on a Limited Longhorn, i will have to pay shipping to my door since i dont want to drive it home, 1200 miles should cost me about $1250

Last edited:

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dealerships and manufacturiers need to change their MO and tailor to the custom orders which include real term contracts with price locks.
When I started this process, I started by searching the Ram site and reaching out to a dealer about an in stock truck that I could deal with because I bought into the idea that they didn't have enough stock and I'd better take what I could get and like it.
What dealers don't want you to do is play them against each other or put stuff in writing. The fact is it won't be long until the manufacturers set it up so you do the whole deal online.
I had one dealer in Kentucky tell me MSRP and $41500 for my Jeep and then one in Hanibal said $43000 and $5500 w rebates off MSRP on similar trucks. I said we need to get everyone on the same page so I built my truck on RAM site and emailed 6 dealerships all a link to the exact truck said here you go whoever works the hardest wins the deal. That's when you see who's hungry and know what you can actually get for your money.

I tired that in my area with my deal from Mark Dodge. Nobody would touch it and I had one that acted like he was offended that I even asked for that kind of deal. Mark Dodge won!

jmann

Reaction score
I am dealing with Renae at MD and she locked in the current rebates for me, even sent me a sheet to sign locking in the rebates. she also told me "You are able to get the better of the incentives between the time of order and time of delivery". I would email Aaron and ask him, you may be dealing with someone who doesn't know.
I'm going through MD. They've told me there's nothing I can do:

"I wish I had better answers for you, but we are unable to lock in anything that is not on our lot. Your local financial institution may be able to lock something in with a VIN number but as a dealership we can do nothing until the vehicle arrives and I do not have an update on when that will be."

Is there anyone at FCA that I can speak with to lock in a deal? The Laramie 0% incentive ends next week. It seems ridiculous that I'm at the mercy of a date, which is 100% unknown and out of my control.
Yes definitely can lock in as cevans mentioned. Renae took my order and we did the paperwork for the rebates as well. I even locked my $2000 private cash offer from RAM as well. That offer expired 28 February and we placed the order that day. Once the truck arrived, I chose the $2000 private cash, $500 military, and also got the $500 for Tread Lightly, and the 0% for 48 months. I pick up the truck this Saturday. I also recommend reaching out to Aaron. He can and will straighten things out. If I recall correctly, I believe Renae may have said rebates at delivery initially. However, I had been talking to Aaron the entire time as well. I have ordered many trucks in my time (its a sickness) and Aaron tops all the other great sales mangers I have dealt with.

Just G in the Lou

Reaction score
It takes patience and gamesmanship but they will deal.
I found 2 dealers that would deal from the start and had no problem competing in writing and I was completely open about what I was doing, I got great numbers comparatively.
Then a dealer who was unwilling to deal the first round "checked in" and I told him I found 2 dealers that would deal and in a few minutes they changed their story and beat the deal I got with a price guarantee.

I tired that in my area with my deal from Mark Dodge. Nobody would touch it and I had one that acted like he was offended that I even asked for that kind of deal. Mark Dodge won!
Totally agree, hell even the dealer I bought from was offended the first time around.
I would of worked with MD had I known about them at the time.

truckless

Reaction score
Yeah. Ram Chat has told me that mine has been hung up in inspection for the last 10 days. MD on the other hand says it has been in JS (shipped to storage) status for the last 10 days, waiting for a rail assignment. Ram Chat seems to be just as random as can be sometimes.

I had to finally sell my current truck (avatar pic), as the buyer could wait no longer. For the price that he is paying me for the 2019, I'll just have to go truckless for a few weeks.

That's been me since September for pretty much the same reason. Getting giddy now :D

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
View attachment 127635

It looks like the site was finally updated with level II. Anyone know if there are other differences from the level 2 package?

Wow. I must have just barely made it. I ordered my Laramie with Level 2 and Night Edition on 2/7 and it was built on 4/11 with the reclining and heated rear seats. At least that is what my build sheet says.

Last edited:

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes definitely can lock in as cevans mentioned. Renae took my order and we did the paperwork for the rebates as well. I even locked my $2000 private cash offer from RAM as well. That offer expired 28 February and we placed the order that day. Once the truck arrived, I chose the $2000 private cash, $500 military, and also got the $500 for Tread Lightly, and the 0% for 48 months. I pick up the truck this Saturday. I also recommend reaching out to Aaron. He can and will straighten things out. If I recall correctly, I believe Renae may have said rebates at delivery initially. However, I had been talking to Aaron the entire time as well. I have ordered many trucks in my time (its a sickness) and Aaron tops all the other great sales mangers I have dealt with.
Did you discuss the 0% APR deal when you placed the order or once it arrived at the dealer and started financing? I never discussed that with Renae, but I heard someone else mention that they locked in the 0 APR deal when they placed the order?

Users who are viewing this thread