5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Just G in the Lou

Reaction score
Dealerships and manufacturiers need to change their MO and tailor to the custom orders which include real term contracts with price locks.
When I started this process, I started by searching the Ram site and reaching out to a dealer about an in stock truck that I could deal with because I bought into the idea that they didn't have enough stock and I'd better take what I could get and like it.
What dealers don't want you to do is play them against each other or put stuff in writing. The fact is it won't be long until the manufacturers set it up so you do the whole deal online.
I had one dealer in Kentucky tell me MSRP and $41500 for my Jeep and then one in Hanibal said $43000 and $5500 w rebates off MSRP on similar trucks. I said we need to get everyone on the same page so I built my truck on RAM site and emailed 6 dealerships all a link to the exact truck said here you go whoever works the hardest wins the deal. That's when you see who's hungry and know what you can actually get for your money.

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Holy $h-t Batman, you have more bourbon than any of my local liquor stores! How are you ever going to drink all that (volunteering if you need help 😜).
I am stocking up for retirement. I plan on moving to Wyoming when I retire, and I know I will not be able to buy any of the good stuff out there. Moving will be a pain because moving companies will not move alcohol, so I will have to drive that there myself.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I am stocking up for retirement. I plan on moving to Wyoming when I retire, and I know I will not be able to buy any of the good stuff out there. Moving will be a pain because moving companies will not move alcohol, so I will have to drive that there myself.
Sounds like you need to have a Depletion Party!

Yeah, it's always fun when you have to drive the things that movers won't take. Every time I move, I end up with a U-haul full of guns/ammo, fuel, and alcohol. Praying the whole time that I don't get stopped.
"Officer, it's not what it looks like. There's a simple explanation."

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Yeah, it's always fun when you have to drive the things that movers won't take. Every time I move, I end up with a U-haul full of guns/ammo, fuel, and alcohol. Praying the whole time that I don't get stopped.
I would need a box truck to get my hoard across country, a trailer will not be big enough. I guess that is a good problem to have ..lol
Luckily, although I may get pulled over, I don't get tickets. Professional courtesy.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dealerships and manufacturiers need to change their MO and tailor to the custom orders which include real term contracts with price locks.
When I started this process, I started by searching the Ram site and reaching out to a dealer about an in stock truck that I could deal with because I bought into the idea that they didn't have enough stock and I'd better take what I could get and like it.
What dealers don't want you to do is play them against each other or put stuff in writing. The fact is it won't be long until the manufacturers set it up so you do the whole deal online.
I had one dealer in Kentucky tell me MSRP and $41500 for my Jeep and then one in Hanibal said $43000 and $5500 w rebates off MSRP on similar trucks. I said we need to get everyone on the same page so I built my truck on RAM site and emailed 6 dealerships all a link to the exact truck said here you go whoever works the hardest wins the deal. That's when you see who's hungry and know what you can actually get for your money.
Most dealerships don't give a ****. I did the same thing before I ordered my 22 with mark dodge 3 weeks ago. I Sent my build to like 10 dealers in Florida, a few wouldn't even discuss price unless I came in, a few never responded and the others said MSRP and that was it. Dealers will make money whether you buy from them or not. You will never find the same deal across the board.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Holy Schnikes!! It’s here!! This whole tracking thing being down made it quite the surprise! Ordered 3/15 and arrived 4/25. A day shy of 6 weeks from order to arrival. Don’t be surprised if you have your POC showing that it’s still in shipping (mine still shows KZS -waiting on rail car- it could damn well show up any day!!
View attachment 127685
Based on when you placed your order to when the truck was actually built was 13 days, seems that probably beats anyone out there. Congrats though, truck looks good. Same thing I ordered, minus the color, and 4x4.

22GTRebel

Reaction score
Ordered my 22 Rebel GT (VIN 1C6SRFLT2NN353283 ) on 4/15 after having no luck with inventory on dealership lots. All after someone hit my 21 Rebel totaling it. Ordered the GT at invoice plus whatever incentives may apply at delivery. I see some people are getting theirs at 9-12 weeks. Would love to get mine before vacation July 9th. No build date yet though.

MO Rebel

Reaction score
It seems pretty random which trucks are being built and when they can be expected. It looks like Long Horn and Limited are getting quicker turnaround times.

Makes it very difficult for me to predict what deals I can get and when I need to plan a road trip. I only have a 7-day window to get everything in order.

By the way, right now FCA is doing 0% financing on my model (CC Laramie), but that offer ends 5/2 and who knows what offers they're running when my truck actually comes in. How can I solidify any deals or financing incentives when I have no idea when my truck will be delivered???
FCA allows you to lock pricing and most rebates (including financing incentive rebates) at time of order. A good dealer will accommodate this for you.

MO Rebel

Reaction score
Ordered my 22 Rebel GT (VIN 1C6SRFLT2NN353283 ) on 4/15 after having no luck with inventory on dealership lots. All after someone hit my 21 Rebel totaling it. Ordered the GT at invoice plus whatever incentives may apply at delivery. I see some people are getting theirs at 9-12 weeks. Would love to get mine before vacation July 9th. No build date yet though.
Yes, Rebels are few and far between in dealer inventory. I think there were like 29 within 300 miles of my zip code and only like 5 in the color I wanted when I was shopping. And, none of those were optioned close enough to what I wanted. Ordering is the only way to go. I was 52 days from order to dealer lot, and I got exactly what I wanted.

Just G in the Lou

Reaction score
Most dealerships don't give a ****. I did the same thing before I ordered my 22 with mark dodge 3 weeks ago. I Sent my build to like 10 dealers in Florida, a few wouldn't even discuss price unless I came in, a few never responded and the others said MSRP and that was it. Dealers will make money whether you buy from them or not. You will never find the same deal across the board.
It takes patience and gamesmanship but they will deal.
I found 2 dealers that would deal from the start and had no problem competing in writing and I was completely open about what I was doing, I got great numbers comparatively.
Then a dealer who was unwilling to deal the first round "checked in" and I told him I found 2 dealers that would deal and in 30 seconds they changed their story and beat the deal I got with a price guarantee.
To be fair I've bought 2 other Jeeps/Rams from them and buy every 2 or 3 years, so they know if I'm calling I'm buying.
All in all out of 6, 2 dealers would deal off the bat, 2 didn't but changed their minds after a week and 2 didn't even respond.
In guess the bottom line is with a lil work I went from $67000ish and $2500 in trade equity or $64,500 to $56000 ish out the door.
The price lock is based on the incentives at the time of purchase unless they're better when you pick it up.

Ninety-9 SE-L

Reaction score
FCA allows you to lock pricing and most rebates (including financing incentive rebates) at time of order. A good dealer will accommodate this for you.
I'm going through MD. They've told me there's nothing I can do:

"I wish I had better answers for you, but we are unable to lock in anything that is not on our lot. Your local financial institution may be able to lock something in with a VIN number but as a dealership we can do nothing until the vehicle arrives and I do not have an update on when that will be."

Is there anyone at FCA that I can speak with to lock in a deal? The Laramie 0% incentive ends next week. It seems ridiculous that I'm at the mercy of a date, which is 100% unknown and out of my control.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm going through MD. They've told me there's nothing I can do:

"I wish I had better answers for you, but we are unable to lock in anything that is not on our lot. Your local financial institution may be able to lock something in with a VIN number but as a dealership we can do nothing until the vehicle arrives and I do not have an update on when that will be."

Is there anyone at FCA that I can speak with to lock in a deal? The Laramie 0% incentive ends next week. It seems ridiculous that I'm at the mercy of a date, which is 100% unknown and out of my control.
I am dealing with Renae at MD and she locked in the current rebates for me, even sent me a sheet to sign locking in the rebates. she also told me "You are able to get the better of the incentives between the time of order and time of delivery". I would email Aaron and ask him, you may be dealing with someone who doesn't know.

MartyIA

Reaction score

Need the Bandit to run blocker for you.

MartyIA

Reaction score
Local dealer will lock in pricing and rebates at time of order but said the financing through mfg program will be subject to current offers at time purchase is complete I.e., when the truck is delivered.

Ninety-9 SE-L

Reaction score
I am dealing with Renae at MD and she locked in the current rebates for me, even sent me a sheet to sign locking in the rebates. she also told me "You are able to get the better of the incentives between the time of order and time of delivery". I would email Aaron and ask him, you may be dealing with someone who doesn't know.
I sent Kippie an email to ask Renae or Aaron. Hopefully that's good to get the ball rolling. If not, I'll probably have to go over her head.

Thanks for the head's up. I felt pretty confined to those terms, considering I can't control when the truck is built and delivered.

22GTRebel

Reaction score
Yes, Rebels are few and far between in dealer inventory. I think there were like 29 within 300 miles of my zip code and only like 5 in the color I wanted when I was shopping. And, none of those were optioned close enough to what I wanted. Ordering is the only way to go. I was 52 days from order to dealer lot, and I got exactly what I wanted.
52 days?! I need your luck! There were only 3 GT Rebels on the lot within 250 miles of me. Waiting for my dealer to message me with updates.

Users who are viewing this thread