5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
My dealer told me they’re having problems getting allocations for lot inventory from the factory and my special order would get priority over any dealer orders. Today I go on their website and see they have about 15 trucks of various configurations listed as “In Transit”. It appears they ordered them after mine. A number of combinations I would have considered over my ordered truck.🤨

I’ll be pretty upset if they get all those trucks in before mine. It’s pretty sad how these dealers mislead customers. They talk thru both sides of their mouth every step of the way it seems.😡
was it the "dealer" or a salesperson?

salespeople only know how to sell an refer to a native Alaskan

should have talked with a manager

RebelChefTobz

Reaction score
So, remember the truck the dealership said was stolen? Well..... I've spent the last week going the rounds with the dealership, trying to get a few things added to what they said was a replacement rushed order from FCA. They even gave me a new VIN number with a screen shot of a new POC. But they kept saying that they weren't sure that FCA was going to let me change anything from the original order, hence me going back and forth with the sales guy to try and get a few things added that weren't availableat the time of my original order. Haven't heard from them in a couple days, but had planned to reach out later today. But before I could....

I woke up this morning and checked my email to see one from ramcare stating that my original order has finally shipped....🙄

Obviously I'm going to walk away from this dealership and ensure to get my deposit back and go with my other order through MD. Just wondering.......how much crap do I give this other dealership before walking away?
Edit: apparently I may have jumped tune gun a bit. The truck with VIN 209***, was shipped, like the ramcare email said. Please see below:

I'm not one to shy away from admitting I was wrong, and even apologized to the dealership and told them what my assumptions were. What your take away should be: recognize how poor ramchat/care is at giving you updates on your truck status. 😆

Attachments

• 20220422_124012~2.jpg
    20220422_124012~2.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 43

mophead

Reaction score
From what I have seen and heard, a lot of dealers "list" vehicles that are in transit, even if they're custom orders (like yours). So don't automatically assume that they're all dealer stock.
Makes good business sense. IF the person doesn't buy it others already have an interest so it sells faster. I've made inquiries on several in transit vehicles. The answer has always been sold already. Having said that, I would suspect they are also listing vehicles for stock likewise.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Makes good business sense. IF the person doesn't buy it others already have an interest so it sells faster. I've made inquiries on several in transit vehicles. The answer has always been sold already. Having said that, I would suspect they are also listing vehicles for stock likewise.
I suspect their motives are more along the lines of trying to look like they have a lot of vehicles on the lot. People won't visit the dealership if they only have 5 dealer-stock trucks listed on their website.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
From what I have seen and heard, a lot of dealers "list" vehicles that are in transit, even if they're custom orders (like yours). So don't automatically assume that they're all dealer stock.
Good point. They did that with the ordered truck I have now. It was listed with a better discount than I got and it wasn’t even delivered yet. They claimed it was a misprint and never should have been listed but I suspect that happens much more often than anyone knows. I’ll be watching my current order to see if it happens again.

Dewey

Reaction score
was it the "dealer" or a salesperson?

salespeople only know how to sell an refer to a native Alaskan

should have talked with a manager
Salesperson was quoting what his manager told him.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I suspect their motives are more along the lines of trying to look like they have a lot of vehicles on the lot. People won't visit the dealership if they only have 5 dealer-stock trucks listed on their website.
This ^^

When my truck was in transit, i saw it pop up on their page as a new arrival so i went in and asked about it. They said the inventory system is automated, and they do that for marketing purposes to show other potential customers what they are able to get even if they don't see what they want on the lot, and it gets people to come in to look and talk regardless. But legally they are obligated to sell it to the person who ordered it first, and if that person cancels then it becomes dealer stock. It's also an FCA policy and from what i understand some dealers were getting stock by faking sold orders so they cracked down on it.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
..... looks like build date came and went without my truck being built....
Keep in mind too that "ship date" is "estimated" so its the "planned date it rolls off the line" but is affected by anything that happens to the line in front of it. e.g. my ESD was 1/29 and i got my build sheet on 2/2, and the door jam on my truck says it was built Feb 1 at 0500, and whether thats when it got on the line or came off i don't know, but it's 4 days after the planned date... so theres a little slip here and there too.

Dewey

Reaction score
This ^^

When my truck was in transit, i saw it pop up on their page as a new arrival so i went in and asked about it. They said the inventory system is automated, and they do that for marketing purposes to show other potential customers what they are able to get even if they don't see what they want on the lot, and it gets people to come in to look and talk regardless. But legally they are obligated to sell it to the person who ordered it first, and if that person cancels then it becomes dealer stock. It's also an FCA policy and from what i understand some dealers were getting stock by faking sold orders so they cracked down on it.
I heard some dealers were trying to get more vehicles on lots to boost inventory by putting in custom orders under a fake name and then selling them after delivery. Supposedly FCA caught wind of it and severely restricted those dealers and then rewarded those who were doing it honestly with more trucks.

petersandler

Reaction score
Dealer said they checked with ram and these are now the only rims offered
On the limited if not going with the 22’s. But that is not the case on the build site.
Ram updated the web builder today to reflect the change finally. I still have no answer from my dealer than an acknowledgment that my wheels don’t match what the window sticker says.

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can assure you that $20 is not nearly enough money for the pain and suffering it would require to keep you lot satisfied
Eighty, do we tell you our time line for shipping etc. ? If so, ordered 7/31, build sheet 2/10, window sticker and released to dealer same day 3/7, on dealer lot 4/20 with shipping damage basically only a 9 month wait! 🙄

Haulin192rbs

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
1300 Build Sheets found today. 3 more forum members with trucks starting production! Congratulations to @Haulin192rbs, @Dman88, @2014ecod

VINBSWSBStoWSSTATECOLORSERIES
303045 @Haulin192rbsXLouisianaSilverLaramie
322098 @Dman88XLouisianaGraniteLaramie
328381 @2014EcodXLouisianaDelmonicoLonghorn
Thanks for the great news triple_B!

I'm wondering if anyone else has ordered the Laramie Night Edition with Off Road Group? I intentionally added the off road group because I didn't want the 22" wheels. I was under the impression that I would get some kind of black 20" wheels. According to the build sheet I am getting built with 18" wheels (with the AT Falkens). The gloss black Rebel 18s are what I'm hoping for but those probably only leave the factory on Rebels.

Anyone know what wheels I'll get?

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score

gbledsoe3

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone else has ordered the Laramie Night Edition with Off Road Group? I intentionally added the off road group because I didn't want the 22" wheels. I was under the impression that I would get some kind of black 20" wheels. According to the build sheet I am getting built with 18" wheels (with the AT Falkens). The gloss black Rebel 18s are what I'm hoping for but those probably only leave the factory on Rebels.

Anyone know what wheels I'll get?
I ordered the Laramie Night Edition with the Off Road Group too. I didn't want the 22" wheels. I don't have a BS yet, just order on3/29/22. At the time, the website said it would be 20"x9" Premium Paint/Polished Wheels with 275/55R20 OWL All-Terrain Tires.

RebelChefTobz

Reaction score
Found 748 Window Stickers tonight. 3 more forum members with trucks on the way! Congratulations to @RebelChefTobz, @FullMillRight, @nclion123

HUGE CONGRATS TO @RebelChefTobz !! 79 day wait from BS to WS !!

VINBSWSBStoWSSTATECOLORSERIES
209822 @RebelChefTobzXX
79​
ArizonaBlueRebel
323825 @FullMillRightXX
2​
KentuckyBlackLonghorn
344806 @nclion123XX
1​
North CarolinaGraniteRebel
Ummmmm....... but then there's this POC that I got from the dealer this morning. Pay special attention to who it's now sold to, and who it's being shipped to. Also wouldn't hurt to read my previous post today. 🙂

20220422_124012~2.jpg

Haulin192rbs

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I ordered the Laramie Night Edition with the Off Road Group too. I didn't want the 22" wheels. I don't have a BS yet, just order on3/29/22. At the time, the website said it would be 20"x9" Premium Paint/Polished Wheels with 275/55R20 OWL All-Terrain Tires.
In the build sheet under optional equipment my tires are listed as 275/65/18 At. There are no wheels listed under my optional equipment. I looked up a recent rebel build sheet and the rebel gets a 70 series tire and mid gloss black wheels.

Went back to the ram build/price site and that still shows a 20x9 wheel.

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ummmmm....... but then there's this POC that I got from the dealer this morning. Pay special attention to who it's now sold to, and who it's being shipped to. Also wouldn't hurt to read my previous post today. 🙂

View attachment 127381
Interesting that it still gets a window sticker after all this time. Would have expected it never to have had one if they scrapped it prior to one being issued??

Users who are viewing this thread