5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

aussie_ram

Reaction score
After an almost 11 month wait my 2021 Big Horn...well now a 2022 has finally arrived at the dealer here in Turks & Caicos....and will be picking it up early next week.

My thanks to all you guys, and especially triple_B, Eighty, BigDodge and others for being such great help..and to this forum from which I keep learning more and more from.

I am so stoked to get my first pickup truck and RAM!

Pics to follow shortly!

Don't you dare post a pic of the truck in front of a blue sky and tropical beach ...... :ROFLMAO:

Dman88

Reaction score
Anyone know what’s up with this? Build sheet posted today but shows D1-D regress. Others say D1-D1 forward…

3B6E39B2-3328-4167-A4D0-75031DC1CB74.jpeg

RebelChefTobz

Reaction score
So, remember the truck the dealership said was stolen? Well..... I've spent the last week going the rounds with the dealership, trying to get a few things added to what they said was a replacement rushed order from FCA. They even gave me a new VIN number with a screen shot of a new POC. But they kept saying that they weren't sure that FCA was going to let me change anything from the original order, hence me going back and forth with the sales guy to try and get a few things added that weren't availableat the time of my original order. Haven't heard from them in a couple days, but had planned to reach out later today. But before I could....

I woke up this morning and checked my email to see one from ramcare stating that my original order has finally shipped....🙄

Obviously I'm going to walk away from this dealership and ensure to get my deposit back and go with my other order through MD. Just wondering.......how much crap do I give this other dealership before walking away?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I dunno....just throwing a theory out there.

Perhaps they found the parts shortage once on the line.
These notes show what happened during the life of the order. At one point, this order regressed from D1 back to D, and they're just recording it on the build sheet.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My dealer told me they’re having problems getting allocations for lot inventory from the factory and my special order would get priority over any dealer orders. Today I go on their website and see they have about 15 trucks of various configurations listed as “In Transit”. It appears they ordered them after mine. A number of combinations I would have considered over my ordered truck.🤨

I’ll be pretty upset if they get all those trucks in before mine. It’s pretty sad how these dealers mislead customers. They talk thru both sides of their mouth every step of the way it seems.😡

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My dealer told me they’re having problems getting allocations for lot inventory from the factory and my special order would get priority over any dealer orders. Today I go on their website and see they have about 15 trucks of various configurations listed as “In Transit”. It appears they ordered them after mine. A number of combinations I would have considered over my ordered truck.🤨

I’ll be pretty upset if they get all those trucks in before mine. It’s pretty sad how these dealers mislead customers. They talk thru both sides of their mouth every step of the way it seems.😡
Unfortunately that’s how most dealers operate. They lie through their teeth to make a sale. Afterwards they don’t care what happens.

OutdoorsmanBackcountry

Reaction score

Would you have considered them over your truck just because of the lead time? What makes you think they are coming first?

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Would you have considered them over your truck just because of the lead time? What makes you think they are coming first?
Maybe. It remains to be seen if any of those trucks will get delivered before mine. If they do they clearly were not honest with me. Not at all surprising. None on the lot and claimed they had none allocated so if they show up soon that pretty much confirms.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe. It remains to be seen if any of those trucks will get delivered before mine. If they do they clearly were not honest with me. Not at all surprising. None on the lot and claimed they had none allocated so if they show up soon that pretty much confirms.
From what I have seen and heard, a lot of dealers "list" vehicles that are in transit, even if they're custom orders (like yours). So don't automatically assume that they're all dealer stock.

Users who are viewing this thread