5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

mophead

Reaction score
Curious, concerned about what? Is it taking a long time or have you heard something else about dealing with Koons? Also a saw a thread about working with MD, but didn't see similar for Koons. Does anyone kno if such a thread exists?
Koons, although a site vendor has had a sporadic history for the time I have been on this site. I have seen good, ok and not so good posts. I live in N. Maryland and reached out to them for pricing in April of 21. They responded within a day with (at the time) a somewhat discounted price, about 9% off MSRP. The documentation fees were very high. Once I mentioned Criswell and Mark Dodge's % off they disappeared other than putting me on their email list. There are several that mentioned outrageous documentation fees and contract high jinx. When prices went up at the end of the year they were one of the first dealers in the country to advertise $5000.00 over MSRP... their WOW price. Wow alright. I'd consider them highly suspect and thoroughly read through all the details before signing anything. You may have a sound deal and no problems, may not. Not here to knock any dealer. Just trying to help someone maybe not get burned.

No sticky thread for Koons that I'm aware of. A search for Koons will prolly have many results

Last edited:

UnclJim

Reaction score
As anticipated my dealer hosed me. 10 minutes before I went to leave to pick the truck up they called to tell me that my affiliates number is no longer valid, and they cannot honor the original quoted price. So since I can't get another number today I cannot take the truck. Beyond disappointed and angry at this point. The dealer knew that affiliate numbers expire at the end of the year and did not say anything until the last minute. I feel that I was scammed so they could get a high spec truck for their inventory. I called Ram customer care and they told me flat out that they could put in a dealer complaint but nobody will likely follow up on my case. The whole process has been a crap show and I am a bit done with RAM at this point.
I had a great experience with Chapman in Horsham Penn. and of course MD is awesome!!

LX Sport

Reaction score
Truck arrived at the dealer this evening. Planning to pick it up on Monday. Working with a manager now because my sales guy is out on paternity leave for a couple weeks. Gonna be a long weekend waiting for Monday haha.

Ordered 1/7 - WS 2/27 - arrived at dealer 3/18

Freebie2

Reaction score
is there anyway of finding out if ram are making cars for fleet buyers yet. Ours is in a fleet order from Canada. Now 13 months since order.

RebelChefTobz

Reaction score
is there anyway of finding out if ram are making cars for fleet buyers yet. Ours is in a fleet order from Canada. Now 13 months since order.
About the only way I can think of is to check the individual VIN, or maybe reach out to ramchat.

RebelChefTobz

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, for those of you that ordered through MD, how long was it between ordering and it arriving at the dealership?

Just curious as it seems trucks arrive a bit faster there, but idk if that perception is just in my head and wishful thinking.

jgc650i

Reaction score
I had an ESD of this past Thursday, 3/17. Up to this point no build sheet has posted yet but my dealer just told me Dealer Connect shows it in JB status - shipped to body vendor - so at least there is apparently some progress.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not personally aware of a way to discern between fleet orders and sold/stock orders - at least, not with the tools we have.

EDIT: Duh, nevermind. I was thinking about looking at the VINs, but it just occurred to me that BUILD SHEETS list this detail.

The servers have been so unreliable in the past month, I gave up on trying to download every single build sheet (I'm finally giving it a shot this weekend, as the servers appear to have cleared up). Prior to 2/22, there were 8,661 build sheets that contained the word "fleet". They have varying phrases though - "fleet option ordering", "fleet tracking", etc.

I don't know the answer (yet) for build sheets from 2/22 thru 3/18 - hopefully I'll know more by the end of the weekend.

Last edited:

scroggbi

Reaction score
RAM Chat customer service mistake. I posted earlier in the week that RAM chat customer service gave me an updated status that my truck was in the shipping process with ETD of 21-29 March. After calling the customer support number yesterday to check on shipping, they informed me my status was scheduled for production. Of course, that was confusing, so I asked the representative to look at my chat history with customer service. Basically, what I was told is the RAM Chat customer support staff handle three active chats at a time, and apparently my status was mixed up with another customer's order.

Long story short, looks like I'm back to D1 status and waiting for my truck to be built. All makes sense now that the build sheet and window sticker is not currently available for my VIN.

Hopefully my build is not being held up due to some part or option I ordered. I've heard through another group that some customers are being told they cannot order a truck with RamBoxes right now due to parts availability, and of course I ordered that option.

Ughhh, back to the waiting game, NO FUN!

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
RAM Chat customer service mistake. I posted earlier in the week that RAM chat customer service gave me an updated status that my truck was in the shipping process with ETD of 21-29 March. After calling the customer support number yesterday to check on shipping, they informed me my status was scheduled for production. Of course, that was confusing, so I asked the representative to look at my chat history with customer service. Basically, what I was told is the RAM Chat customer support staff handle three active chats at a time, and apparently my status was mixed up with another customer's order.

Long story short, looks like I'm back to D1 status and waiting for my truck to be built. All makes sense now that the build sheet and window sticker is not currently available for my VIN.

Hopefully my build is not being held up due to some part or option I ordered. I've heard through another group that some customers are being told they cannot order a truck with RamBoxes right now due to parts availability, and of course I ordered that option.

Ughhh, back to the waiting game, NO FUN!
why not get a current poc from your dealer?

Duckfan1967

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, for those of you that ordered through MD, how long was it between ordering and it arriving at the dealership?

Just curious as it seems trucks arrive a bit faster there, but idk if that perception is just in my head and wishful thinking.
I ordered on 2/9 and it arrived 3/17. Still waiting on inspection and a call to start finance.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just checked with Ram on my truck for delivery. This is what they told me.
"Thank you so much for your patience. I have some great news for you today! I'm showing that your new RAM 1500 is in the shipping stage. Current Dealer delivery ETA is 03/28/2022 - 04/13/2022 Congratulations! Welcome to the RAM family. I am sure you can't wait for it to arrive, Nice choice!"

it is currently in Burdick Indiana

The Ram towing info also has been updated with it here

mophead

Reaction score
Oh man you've got my sympathies for sure. I would've curled up and died at 6 months.
This probably doesn't help at all, but you never know. You or your dealer may be able to dig deeper here. The dealer likely has an account with them or knows somebody that does.

fliptide

Reaction score

15 weeks for me. Just got the call this morning. Waiting on email to start process.

Bigteeze

Reaction score

Ordered September 8th, truck got to their lot February 23rd. Not a fun wait but others were longer.

Nbv316

Reaction score

Ordered 1/21/22 and truck just arrived 3/17/22 so about 8 weeks for me. Will finish talks with finance department on Monday.

Users who are viewing this thread