5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

ProfQ

Reaction score
There are definitely limits to the quantity a dealership can order.
This is how I think I got screwed over. I placed my order on 7/10 and wasn't assigned a VIN until 8/30. Now I'm seeing the dealer website with 2022 bighorns in transit to the dealer lot for sale...

Mexd781

Reaction score
thanks
and now I see a pattern
out of all the trucks being tracked 24 are 4X2 and only four 4X2's have been built

if this is not a pattern I do not know what is.
There isn't a pattern there. If you look at the total builds, 4x2's are around teh same % built as 4x4's. Even 4 out of 24 (16%) is around the same % of total trucks built

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My dealer contacted me yesterday and said the Tech package is not available for my Sport! Order placed 8/14. Just a "heads up", no pun intended, I hope for all you guys it is just us Cunucks!
One of the more sophisticated dad jokes I've seen, bravo sir.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes. The air supsension is excellent, but there is only so much it can do when a 5,000lb+ truck is riding on 45 aspect tires. I love the look of the Night Package, and I really wanted it, but I couldn't deal with the difference in ride quality between the standard 20" tires and the 22" tires... and this is coming from a guy that hates all the chome on the Limited.
Dang. So maybe "softer" tires would help? Before I knew I was getting Pirelli's and not Goodyear's (not super excited about the former but I'm willing to run them out, whereas the Goodyear's were gonna come off immediately) I was looking at Cooper Discoverer AT3 4s' partially because they apparently have a very soft ride for a light AT tire, but still stronger sidewalls than your average P-rater. So I'm wondering if that will help.

Last resort is to drop down to 20's but I really like the look of the 22's and also am not keen on dropping thousands on news wheels AND tires right after I get this thing unless it's going to make a WORLD of difference. Which it might but no way for me to know really till I try it.

I've seen people say they feel no difference at all but I tend to notice discrepancies with stuff like this, just like you probably do.

Ramontario21

Reaction score
The wheels that come with mine will be the 22 inch polished rims...but not sure what make the tires will be after reading all these changes from Goodyear to Pirellis....i did however get 20 inch Cooper Discoverer AT3 4s as my snow tires...just compared 285/45-r22 to to 275/55-r20 and they are pretty much the same diameter tire...of course i will let you know how both sets ride once i get a truck built and delivered lol....

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
Dang. So maybe "softer" tires would help? Before I knew I was getting Pirelli's and not Goodyear's (not super excited about the former but I'm willing to run them out, whereas the Goodyear's were gonna come off immediately) I was looking at Cooper Discoverer AT3 4s' partially because they apparently have a very soft ride for a light AT tire, but still stronger sidewalls than your average P-rater. So I'm wondering if that will help.

Last resort is to drop down to 20's but I really like the look of the 22's and also am not keen on dropping thousands on news wheels AND tires right after I get this thing unless it's going to make a WORLD of difference. Which it might but no way for me to know really till I try it.

I've seen people say they feel no difference at all but I tend to notice discrepancies with stuff like this, just like you probably do.
I'm not trying to rain on your parade, I promise. It could be that softer, more forgiving tires could help (in fact, I don't see how they wouldn't help), but a buddy of mine has a '19 with the 22's. About a month after buying the truck, he popped both front tires (he was having construction done at his house and he ran over some nails). The punctures were too close to the sidewall to repair, so he just bought a whole new set of tires and went with the Michelin Defenders, which I think are some of the quietest, smoothest truck tires on the market. While they did feel better, it still wasn't close to how mine rode.

For reference, though, I'm like the male version of that princess that could feel a pea under 100 mattresses. It's a blessing and a curse, but mostly a curse.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The wheels that come with mine will be the 22 inch polished rims...but not sure what make the tires will be after reading all these changes from Goodyear to Pirellis....i did however get 20 inch Cooper Discoverer AT3 4s as my snow tires...just compared 285/45-r22 to to 275/55-r20 and they are pretty much the same diameter tire...of course i will let you know how both sets ride once i get a truck built and delivered lol....
Thanks, I'd appreciate that!

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm not trying to rain on your parade, I promise. It could be that softer, more forgiving tires could help (in fact, I don't see how they wouldn't help), but a buddy of mine has a '19 with the 22's. About a month after buying the truck, he popped both front tires (he was having construction done at his house and he ran over some nails). The punctures were too close to the sidewall to repair, so he just bought a whole new set of tires and went with the Michelin Defenders, which I think are some of the quietest, smoothest truck tires on the market. While they did feel better, it still wasn't close to how mine rode.

For reference, though, I'm like the male version of that princess that could feel a pea under 100 mattresses. It's a blessing and a curse, but mostly a curse.
The Defenders are definitely awesome tires

n00ber

Reaction score
There isn't a pattern there. If you look at the total builds, 4x2's are around teh same % built as 4x4's. Even 4 out of 24 (16%) is around the same % of total trucks built
this that new math again

Nate F

Reaction score

I have 22's on my 2019 Silverado and so far I've had to take it in three times for nails/screws and they've only been able to patch one. The first time I ended up buying new Pirellis (because that's what they had in stock), the ride isn't great but at least I opted for the road hazard so the 2nd nail didn't hurt as bad. This is why I chose the off-road package on this one, better ride and more tread protection.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score

Andy1391

Reaction score
Yes. The air supsension is excellent, but there is only so much it can do when a 5,000lb+ truck is riding on 45 aspect tires. I love the look of the Night Package, and I really wanted it, but I couldn't deal with the difference in ride quality between the standard 20" tires and the 22" tires... and this is coming from a guy that hates all the chome on the Limited.
That’s why I went with the night edition. Just to get rid of the chrome.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
DriveSUM of OrderedSUM of BuiltSUM of Shipped
4x21491435532696
4x4786841940012030
Grand Total935982295314726
from the tracker?
this tracker

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s why I went with the night edition. Just to get rid of the chrome.
Same, mostly. Just doesn't look right. Body color bumper helps but it's not enough.

Also wanted the tonneau cover and the tow hooks, and the speakers without having to get Level 1 with the adaptive cruise stuff I don't care about.

n00ber

Reaction score
this tracker
so the same tracker just one sheet over (tab at the bottom left of the screen says "TotalsBuiltToDate") has all 1500 orders, not just who wanted to provide their vin from this forum.
it would be incorrect data to take a count of just the member trucks.

Users who are viewing this thread