5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Mad Cow

Reaction score
Honestly, I suspect the 'Christmas Clunker' worry is probably a non issue these days. Most of the line is likely automated, and if a screw gets left out, a computer probably sees it, and tells the line worker to put it in. There are probably lots of checks and balances.

At least I hope so...

Last edited:

PepperellFF

Reaction score
I've had mine for about 800 miles now. I love everything about the truck. The ride seems pretty similar to a non ORG to me. Maybe a little stiffer but hardly. I did switch tires as well and went with a standard load 33 inch vs the stock 32 inch LT.

I will say that the MPG is not as good as my last two Rams. I know the 33s throw off the speedometer and MPG calculator a little but still not as good as I was hoping. Could also be that in WI they switch over to a winter grade fuel and MPG always suffers. Plus the truck probably needs to break in a bit I guess. All I know is the 2021 standard bighorn I purchased as an interim truck while waiting for the 2022, got really good MPG. Only difference is tires and ORG for the most part.

Also, Merry Christmas everyone!
Thank you for the information.Merry Christmas from Massachusetts

louitino123

Reaction score
What tools do we have for tracking once we get a WS, I feel like my dealer had mentioned something, don't know if there is something we can do on our end without them? hope the holidays treated all very well.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What tools do we have for tracking once we get a WS, I feel like my dealer had mentioned something, don't know if there is something we can do on our end without them? hope the holidays treated all very well.
No, there is not any information made available to the public after the window sticker is published. You will have to pester your dealer.

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How long does a truck stay in "F" Paint?
Typically just hours as it progresses down the line but if the reports are true that the main assembly line is down this week and only volunteers are working then the production line won’t be moving so if you were in paint it very well could stay there until next week when production opens back up.

myownstatus

Reaction score
Typically just hours as it progresses down the line but if the reports are true that the main assembly line is down this week and only volunteers are working then the production line won’t be moving so if you were in paint it very well could stay there until next week when production opens back up.
Seems that you're right. I got into paint on the 23rd right before the break, so I wouldn't see any major movement until next week.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As expected, No build sheets found this morning. I will continue to run full scans through this week though and likely will still see Window Stickers in the evening.
Lets hope so!! Do you know if they release WS throughout the day or all at once?

CObiomedtech

Reaction score
So it goes build sheet, then window sticker, then truck ia completed? (I have the Back Country package, so step rails, 2 tone paint, bed liner, and tonneau cover).
So if I have my window sticker all of that is completed and I am just waiting on a rail car?

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So it goes build sheet, then window sticker, then truck ia completed? (I have the Back Country package, so step rails, 2 tone paint, bed liner, and tonneau cover).
So if I have my window sticker all of that is completed and I am just waiting on a rail car?
BS, then Truck is completed, invoiced to the dealer and gets a WS. Once the dealer accepts then the truck is released for shipping. Not necessarily shipped immediately as it may have to wait on a truck or rail car but it is released to ship

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
Honestly, I suspect the 'Christmas Clunker' worry is probably a non issue these days. Most of the line is likely automated, and if a screw gets left out, a computer probably sees it, and tells the line worker to put it in. There are probably lots of checks and balances.

At least I hope so...
Recalls for mistakes happen all the time. If I remember right there is a thread on the TRX side about mistakes people find during normal production. But we already had the HVAC issues this model year. The process is not as automated as one might think. There is a lot of human checks, and humans around this time of year can get lazy.

yup ram

Reaction score
Has anyone that has a window sticker seen movement with their truck? My truck is built and ready to go but hasn’t been shipped. I understand most of the plant is shut down but was hoping they’d at least get completed trucks out the door. I’m only a couple hours north of SHAP.
If they’re not shipping it looks like I won’t be getting those incentives that expire 1/3 after all 😡

Users who are viewing this thread